ztejas sucks

ztejas

I was red flagged after multiple second half collapses and now another one. More excuses from the sark defenders. But how tired is everyone of watching other coaches take mediocre rosters and winning games? Happens every year but here we need a 4 year cleansing of a “bad roster”. Such bullshit. Sark roster last year was better than what most coaches get and they turn it around or win games and show improvement. He can’t make adjustments after the other team adjusts to his first half game plan. It’s mind blowing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I mean yeah… I still think the “7 win Sark” thing is fucking retarded and cringy. Lambasting a coach for winning 7 games at a winless program is just stupid. What’s even dumber is he won 9 games at Washington & 9 games at sanctioned USC. At some point Texas fans need to stop waiting for a quick one year turn around and let a coach figure shit out

So how many second half collapses in a season and 1/3 will it take for you to see the red flag. The continual defense of sark by some is more mind blowing than his disappearance act in 4/5 second half collapses that turned into losses.

I know my opinion may not count for much or what you want to hear, but I support Sark and want to see what happens when he has his quarterbacks play his offense.  Card is a Herman retread and I want to see what happens when QE and Archie are at the controls.

es I was disappointed by the D and don’t have much sympathy for PK so I would be fine forPatterson to come Assist Head Coach and DC.

i also support this team and will kwep the faith rather than lighting bonfire🤘🤘🤘

18 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

It fails because we do nothing but run the same damn concept out of it every time. There's more you can do with the wildcat than run into a brick wall between the tackles every time, especially with an ex QB  running the thing. After running the thing 20 straight times between the tackles you can pretty much guarantee that no defense is looking for a TE down the field. But we aren't either.

I'll continue belaboring this because it's a really big red flag when it comes to scheming from a supposed offensive savant.

He’s saving it for OU. Duh.

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

This isn't true. Our D-Line got penetration 3 on 5. Just not enough for QB pressure. Their QB played like ass and broken plays accounted for more than anything in his performance. The OL wasn't as bad as some of you keep saying it was on Texas side it was fine. Texas didn't get whipped the whole game Texas was up 14 in the 2nd half with a chance to go up 21 and dagger. The coaches let tech stick around and a mind meltingly frustrating edition of fuck around and find out played out in real time in front of everyone's eyes.  

We scored on a busted play where they didn't see the back out of the backfield. 7-0

We then kicked a field goal. 10-7

Scored on another busted play where X was wide open with no one around him. 17-14

Drop off a little dump pass to RoJo and he runs damn near from the 40 to the 7. Bijan takes it from there. 24-14

Bijan breaks one for a TD after Card scrambled for 20. 31-17

We did not execute regular offense on a consistent basis. 12, 10, and 6 were our longest drives of the game. We had 5 drives that didn't get a first down, and drives of 6, 5, and 4 outside of that. TOP was 25 mins to 33 and we only ran 60 plays to their 100. Tech was aggressive, going for it 8 times on 4th down because they were not afraid of our offense. If our offense is solid they kick half of those out of fear and we win easily. 

Defensively I am no PK fan, but I understand not rushing 4 or 5 all game if you have to cover 5 wide in man. Do you trust us in man vs Tech with the way our offense struggles? Because I don't. Some of their biggest gains came when we were rushing 4 or more. We brought pressure when they ran the same RB pass for a score that we did. We brought 5 on that TE 25 yd gain. We brought four on that TE pass up the seam to the 1. We brought four on their TE pass for a TD. Those are just the ones I recall. 

Bottom line, I think we will be fine once we get more productivity on offense. I may be dead wrong, but I think there is a huge difference between Ewers and Card. I think Ewers just does the things to move the chains, and if Tech sees that they back off on going for it everytime they get to 4th down. We just need to be able to move the football in a traditional manner. Right now if there isn't a busted play by the opposition, we just can't get first downs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Tech was the worst team left on the schedule and playing a backup QB and we still got embarrassed. Irrelevance is here to stay, regardless of coaches and players. Accept we and Nebraska are equals, it’ll help you sleep at night when you realize the program is irrelevant. 

Their backup QB is 6'5, 230, has solid mobility, and is in his 3rd year in the program. Their backup is superior to our backup. 

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

We scored on a busted play where they didn't see the back out of the backfield. 7-0

We then kicked a field goal. 10-7

Scored on another busted play where X was wide open with no one around him. 17-14

Drop off a little dump pass to RoJo and he runs damn near from the 40 to the 7. Bijan takes it from there. 24-14

Bijan breaks one for a TD after Card scrambled for 20. 31-17

We did not execute regular offense on a consistent basis. 12, 10, and 6 were our longest drives of the game. We had 5 drives that didn't get a first down, and drives of 6, 5, and 4 outside of that. TOP was 25 mins to 33 and we only ran 60 plays to their 100. Tech was aggressive, going for it 8 times on 4th down because they were not afraid of our offense. If our offense is solid they kick half of those out of fear and we win easily. 

Defensively I am no PK fan, but I understand not rushing 4 or 5 all game if you have to cover 5 wide in man. Do you trust us in man vs Tech with the way our offense struggles? Because I don't. Some of their biggest gains came when we were rushing 4 or more. We brought pressure when they ran the same RB pass for a score that we did. We brought 5 on that TE 25 yd gain. We brought four on that TE pass up the seam to the 1. We brought four on their TE pass for a TD. Those are just the ones I recall. 

Bottom line, I think we will be fine once we get more productivity on offense. I may be dead wrong, but I think there is a huge difference between Ewers and Card. I think Ewers just does the things to move the chains, and if Tech sees that they back off on going for it everytime they get to 4th down. We just need to be able to move the football in a traditional manner. Right now if there isn't a busted play by the opposition, we just can't get first downs. 

You are wrong and your analysis isn't good. Defense made stops and the offense marched out and chewed up all of 37 of gameclock before a punt. 

Tech has a bunch of scrubs you will not convince me that Texas didn't have an obscene talent advantage yesterday. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Go back and rewatch how many times we rushed 4 or 5 and got beat. I think it will surprise you. 

It won't. I think being more aggressive could have taken away 1 or 2 Tech scoring drives and possibly a few 4th down conversions. That would have been the difference. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Also @jimmyjazz gatekeeping Texas fandom is really a bad look. It's pretty well known that I didn't graduate from Texas, but had an unorthodox Texas student life during my college aged years. Just because I don't have a piece of paper doesn't mean I can't be involved emotionally, financially and otherwise with Texas sports and UT culture. It's a stupid take and pointlessly an attack on ztejas. 

Agreed whole heartedly! Whomever is saying that is an asshole. Having made the trip back to the 40 to attend your event last season I can say I appreciate you, and anyone else here who is die hard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Thatguy said:

Agreed whole heartedly! Whomever is saying that is an asshole. Having made the trip back to the 40 to attend your event last season I can say I appreciate you, and anyone else here who is die hard. 

I'm not trying to go after you on the post game I just think this belongs a lot more on the coaches than the players. The players didn't play perfect by any means, but I think competent coaching wins this game easily. 

Like I said before. X hauling in that drop, Bijan not fumbling, getting a tackle that was extended on a QB scramble all could have changed the game, but this game wasn't particularly close. The only reason it got close is because situationally the players were put in a position where they had to make do or die plays instead of a position where they could play to their average and still be safe. 

Techs entire gameplan was play the best game you've ever played to their players. Do unreasonable things, like going for it 8 times in 4th down. 

Texas gameplan was to get a healthy lead and try to change the strategy after the lead and play not to lose. 

Texas needs to start playing like they are always down 3 scores. The sense of urgency that we saw in the 21 second march to dominance is what the athletes are capable of and it's up to the coaches to get them dialed in like every set of downs is the game on the line. That's how tech played and it showed. That's coaching. That's not player ability or talent. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Everyone wants to say shit like it's cards fault for not seeing wide open Gunnar Helm and throwing that insane interception with JT wide the fuck open. That's pure coaching. He hasn't taught card to look for the dump off safe throw. If he has any card isn't making those throws it's on the coach to bench him

This is a fairly ludicrous statement.

Let's start with the conclusion, "bench him."  For who? 

Then we back up.  We've seen Card play for about a year and a half now and he clearly has problems with pocket presence, making reads/progressions, and throwing good deep balls. Which is why he's lost the starting spot twice now.   Do you think he hasn't been taught or just is not capable of doing what he's taught because he panics or vapor locks behind his iffy line?

Card is obviously limited and limits Sarkisian's game plan.  And, I have this sense that, like has been reported, Card is some kind of practice warrior who can't make it happen on the field for whatever reason.  Even knowing that, it is probably difficult to drill him on plays that would minimize his own and the offenses weaknesses because it's impossible to know if he can execute it on the field when he vapor locks.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is a fairly ludicrous statement.

Let's start with the conclusion, "bench him."  For who? 

Then we back up.  We've seen Card play for about a year and a half now and he clearly has problems with pocket presence, making reads/progressions, and throwing good deep balls. Which is why he's lost the starting spot twice now.   Do you think he hasn't been taught or just is not capable of doing what he's taught because he panics or vapor locks behind his iffy line?

Card is obviously limited and limits Sarkisian's game plan.  And, I have this sense that, like has been reported, Card is some kind of practice warrior who can't make it happen on the field for whatever reason.  Even knowing that, it is probably difficult to drill him on plays that would minimize his own and the offenses weaknesses because it's impossible to know if he can execute it on the field when he vapor locks.

4QBs traveled and were suited up. One of the other 3. That's what a coach is supposed to do. 

I want to be clear - the players were very obviously better than their competition today. The march down the field with 21 seconds left is all you need to know about the mental resilience that is different from last season. It sucks that Bijan fumbled and JT couldn't scoop it - tough break. Even with a win in OT this would not have been okay. If sark went into the presser after a trash win and said "we learned about what we need to work on with the players" or something like that it's exactly what I'd expect from a trash coach. He and his staff were out coached. Plain and simple. There is a video going around of the Tech coach telling his guys he knew Texas would break and they did. That is 1000% on the coaching staff. 

Everyone wants to say shit like it's cards fault for not seeing wide open Gunnar Helm and throwing that insane interception with JT wide the fuck open. That's pure coaching. He hasn't taught card to look for the dump off safe throw. If he has any card isn't making those throws it's on the coach to bench him. Sark let PK call a gameplan that didn't include packages to pressure a shitty backup who can't play under pressure. They rushed 3 for the majority of the game. This coaching staff is inept. I'm glad that with a fucking QB that would win with a potato as an OC we look incredible. We also have a Heisman quality running back and a 2nd RB that is easily an NFL starting quality back. They had 11 carries combined in the first half. 

This game shouldn't have been a loss, it should have been an absolute blowout. 6/8 on 4th downs is not on the players when the scheme is just trash. The tight end running loose THE WHOLE GAME isn't on the players it's scheme that wasn't adjusted to account for a TE that could actually catch. 

This staff is entirely to blame here. Let's stop acting like Sarkisians is some recruiting fucking God as well. Some of us have been doing a lot to make sure he doesn't look as incompetent as he does on the field with regards to talent as well. 

Truth, or to quote Cameo/Vanilla Ice: "Word up to ya mother" ^^^^^^^^^^

It's Washington man. You act as though they are a blue blood program. They were 1-10, 5-5, 4-9, and 0-11 leading into Sark. He recruited and by the time his recruits came full bloom they won 9 games, which is good for Washington. One could argue that when Chris Peterson had that great year there he was doing it with Sark's guys. Washington is a perennial 500 program. USC was 9-4 year one, then Sark was fired 5 games in for coming to meetings drunk.  
   Bottom line, you guys are miserable. There literally is NO pleasing you. You got the shiny new toy two times in a row and those guys proved to be not it. You had the old ball coach type, and we couldn't win despite having stockpiles of NFL talent abound. Now we have a solid X and O coach and you guys are already ready to usher the dude out. Guy gets recruiting headed in the right direction. We have big bodied NFL types on the line. Proper NFL receivers. The number one QB recruit on campus, with two more right behind him. We roll out Ewers and look like the Longhorns of old for two games. Then Ewers gets hurt, Card comes back in looking exactly how he looked all season. Suddenly we forget how we looked to start the season. Suddenly we forget how recruiting has turned. 
  Players win games. Coaches don't. What are our problems that we knew about going into the season? Our line was young and super inexperienced. Therefore we were going to struggle running the ball. We hoped that Ewers and those receivers could take enough pressure off that line to be effective. On defense we were unsure about all 3 levels. The D-line was good on paper but the effort level wasn't there. We struggled with edge rushers. Linebacker play was spotty. Secondary the same. Everyone was thinking 3 or 4 losses and that was with Ewers. You swap in Card and now it looks dicey. 

I think the O will be eventually good but Sark turtling up doesn’t bode well which was a result of his lack of trust of Card.
Now his critical error is retaining PK who’s stubbornly forcing his scheme without adjusting to the talent and not aggressively addressing it in the off-season. That stubbornness will eventually get Sark fired if he doesn’t just get rid of him ASAP. If GP game planned Bama and nothing else, that should make it very clear to him.
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I agree with this. 

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

It fails because we do nothing but run the same damn concept out of it every time. There's more you can do with the wildcat than run into a brick wall between the tackles every time, especially with an ex QB  running the thing. After running the thing 20 straight times between the tackles you can pretty much guarantee that no defense is looking for a TE down the field. But we aren't either.

I'll continue belaboring this because it's a really big red flag when it comes to scheming from a supposed offensive savant.

Amen! The utter lack of imagination in this formation of having RJ take the snap, sit there long enough let the D line get penetration, and then run right into the D line, is appalling.

• Hook 'Em 5

25 minutes ago, immamac said:

You are wrong and your analysis isn't good. Defense made stops and the offense marched out and chewed up all of 37 of gameclock before a punt. 

Tech has a bunch of scrubs you will not convince me that Texas didn't have an obscene talent advantage yesterday. 

That was a horrific Tech team.  Didn’t look talented at all

19 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I agree with you that I’d like to see this team with QE playing full time before I judge Sark. I also think that losing Worthy (and not having Neyor all year) really limited our downfield options in the second half, allowing Tech to stack the box against us. Card is pedestrian, a game manager at best, and when you take away his deep threats and factor in that our o-line can’t punch it’s way out of a wet paper bag in the run game, Card just isn’t going to be able to overcome that. 

I really don’t get your defense of PK, however. You may think the alternative to letting the other QB complete short passes in front of our defense all day would be worse, but at this point I’d like to see it because I know for a fact after yesterday and our 6 game losing streak last year what the result will be from doing the same thing.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

That was a horrific Tech team.  Didn’t look talented at all

Good QB and RB, physical on both lines of scrimmage, well coached and not averse to taking chances. And it's a team that looks like it loves to play for its coach.

Horrific? There's many more that are worse. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I really don’t get your defense of PK, however. You may think the alternative to letting the other QB complete short passes in front of our defense all day would be worse, but at this point I’d like to see it because I know for a fact after yesterday and our 6 game losing streak last year what the result will be from doing the same thing.  

Yeah, this seems to be the conundrum. DL can't get pressure, LB are bad in coverage, and DB lack ball skills.  All potential explanations for why our D is our D.

But it seems like we ought to at least try pressing more.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Coaches like Sark are the reasons conspiracies exist in this world. Because nothing else makes any sense at all. This fucking guy opens up with a scheme every game that works. He gets players in space. Gets our guys on the edge since the middle is stuffed harder than SA’s mom. He gets our WRs and TE’s where they belong and we roll.  Then he scratches his ass sniffs his finger and we never go back to any of that ever.  Fucking Bijan on the edge gets 6 yards a clip. Then proceeds to run up the fucking guy for 1 yard repeatedly because maybe just maybe we will get 3 yards.   Doesn’t throw a screen the whole game. Says fuck you sanders no more passes. Oh and let me go deep with 40 yard bombs because that hasn’t worked in 3 fucking years but it will now.   Im

fully convinced this mother fucker has gambling on football and is doing this shit on purpose. My fucking 12 year old daughter could tell you this dudes Austism shows up at half time 

I said this before but I am convinced Stark turns into this guy second half of any game where we have the lead

EA22C46D-96B8-453E-8E71-87E5B4E51544.jpeg.081f94a733a78fbbb35bfa93ab7fe39e.jpeg

There is no way he is this much of an idiot.  He is trying to outsmart the opponent by doing a he opposite of what is expected.  Running Bijan on the outside gains 7 and running him in the middle gets 1?  I will run him up the middle since that is what they are not expecting!  Hey Stark, if you have the talent advantage its Ok to that they know what is happening as long they can’t stop it!  Go look at the game where Arkansas stomped our ass.  We knew what they were going to do? We just couldn’t stop it.  So they did it again and again and again!  

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

A good coach once told me that your best defense against a solid offense is your own offense. They can't hurt you if they are standing on the sideline. Tech does has scrubs, but they were better in the places that count. They rushed for 9 first downs to our 7. Passed for 20 first downs to our 11. We actually held them to 3.4 yards rushing, and 5.9 per pass, but they ran 100 damn plays!! 

5 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I agree with you that I’d like to see this team with QE playing full time before I judge Sark. I also think that losing Worthy (and not having Neyor all year) really limited our downfield options in the second half, allowing Tech to stack the box against us. Card is pedestrian, a game manager at best, and when you take away his deep threats and factor in that our o-line can’t punch it’s way out of a wet paper bag in the run game, Card just isn’t going to be able to overcome that. 

So I am looking at PK and HIS scheme, and not what we would be if we could adopt someone else's scheme. As I have said for years, defensive coaches are their playbook. They aren't going to suddenly turn into someone else. PK runs what he runs and as such we either rush 3/4 and play zone behind it or we bring 4/5 and play man. The way we play man in his scheme requires more Jamisons and less Watts. Getting up in faces and getting physical to throw off route concepts isn't what we've been doing, and if you don't work on it, you won't be good at it IMO. I think there is a dude who CAN coach a solid defense already on campus and is probably only scheming when his input is asked for. 

I do not like PK at all, but I understand why he runs what he runs inside his scheme. I just don't think we have the kinds of players to run what he likes. Our DTs, and D-line as a whole are far better when we attack gaps as opposed to trying to eat up blocks. We come off the edge better in a 4 man front too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I understand it, but calling for Sark’s head after this game is stupid.  Nothing has changed since the end of last season.  6 wins or less and Sark should be fired.  7 wins and he has to fire PK and is on the hot seat for 9+ wins next year.  8-9 wins and he gets another year.  10+ wins and we all line up to suck his dick.  That is all still possible.  If/when we lose our 7th game this season, then we can call for Sark to be fired.

Also, people saying this is program related and not coaching, I won’t buy that until a coach gets fired from Texas and goes on to have success elsewhere.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

Nothing has changed since the end of last season.

Agree with this, or, more accurately, "not much" has changed since the end of last season.  Card's still Card, Thompson's gone, we have most of the same problems we had then, but some youth to address them and that's not going to be immediate.

The wild card remains Ewers.  He was the only reason to expect anything more than incremental improvement from last season.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I said this before but I am convinced Stark turns into this guy second half of any game where we have the lead

EA22C46D-96B8-453E-8E71-87E5B4E51544.jpeg.081f94a733a78fbbb35bfa93ab7fe39e.jpeg

There is no way he is this much of an idiot.  He is trying to outsmart the opponent by doing a he opposite of what is expected.  Running Bijan on the outside gains 7 and running him in the middle gets 1?  I will run him up the middle since that is what they are not expecting!  Hey Stark, if you have the talent advantage its Ok to that they know what is happening as long they can’t stop it!  Go look at the game where Arkansas stomped our ass.  We knew what they were going to do? We just couldn’t stop it.  So they did it again and again and again!  

Running Bijan inside opens up your RPO plays as they largely require inside zone to execute. OZ only leaves the backside to hit passes on. Plays need to look like your other plays in order to fool defenses. Our first TD is an example of that. Run action. The guy even comes flying off the edge to tackle Bijan after Card pulls the ball. KRob gets lost sneaking out and a walk in TD. 8 defenders are at the LOZ when that throw happens. Just like he drew it up. 

Just now, Snake Diggity said:

I understand it, but calling for Sark’s head after this game is stupid.  Nothing has changed since the end of last season.  6 wins or less and Sark should be fired.  7 wins and he has to fire PK and is on the hot seat for 9+ wins next year.  8-9 wins and he gets another year.  10+ wins and we all line up to suck his dick.  That is all still possible.  If/when we lose our 7th game this season, then we can call for Sark to be fired.

Agree with this and I agree with everyone wanting to fire everybody after losing to a bunch of scrubs. Sark needs a defense that focuses on putting pressure on the QB with DBs that can handle man coverage. It would be a perfect complement to his offense that puts a lot of points on the board placing teams in position to abandon the run. PK dropping eight in coverage without the threat of a blitz isn’t going to do anything but let other teams dink and dunk on us for 3 to 4 yard gains and keep the ball away from Sark’s offense. I like Sark. I know I’m in the growing minority but I believe he can be the right coach for Texas. If he refuses to get rid of PK, however, we will doing this whole process again in a few years. 

12 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Also, people saying this is program related and not coaching, I won’t buy that until a coach gets fired from Texas and goes on to have success elsewhere.

Regarding the “program related” theory…or “it’s systemic”…or “it’s the program’s culture”,

can anyone actually articulate with specificity what this means?  I’ve never had anyone lay out exactly what is causing the losses, if it’s not the coaches/players?  I mean, I GUESS I get that you can fault an AD for making a bad hire, but is that it?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, scottsins said:

Regarding the “program related” theory…or “it’s systemic”…or “it’s the program’s culture”,

can anyone actually articulate with specificity what this means?  I’ve never had anyone lay out exactly what is causing the losses, if it’s not the coaches/players?  I mean, I GUESS I get that you can fault an AD for making a bad hire, but is that it?

The idea is that we suck because of our school’s culture.  Wealthy meddling donors and fair-weather, fickle fans leading to spoiled entitled players (and coaches).

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Running Bijan inside opens up your RPO plays as they largely require inside zone to execute. OZ only leaves the backside to hit passes on. Plays need to look like your other plays in order to fool defenses. Our first TD is an example of that. Run action. The guy even comes flying off the edge to tackle Bijan after Card pulls the ball. KRob gets lost sneaking out and a walk in TD. 8 defenders are at the LOZ when that throw happens. Just like he drew it up. 

Yes I understand the concept of deception.  My point is the deception is not working if you don’t use it and if you just stubbornly stick to the noneffective option.  Look at the Rocat.  Yes deception would be nice, but instead we just do the same ineffective shit over and over.  And if they can’t stop Bijan running outside, then run him outside until they show they can stop him.  The alternative of running him inside over and over for 0-1 yards is idiotic.

34 points should be enough to beat this Tech team.  I wasn't exactly enthused by the Sark hire, but between recruiting and what we've seen him do with the fruit of Charles Thompson's cocaine addled loins and a Lake Travis WR at QB, I think we'll be ok on offense.

The problem is that our defense lines up on their back with their legs spread waiting to get fucked on every play.  PK is a dud, we can all see it, especially other coaches on our schedule, and that's good for 4 more losses no matter what Quinn does when he comes back.

Fix the defense, and this team looks a lot better.  Do nothing, and expect more of this shit.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I mean yeah… I still think the “7 win Sark” thing is fucking retarded and cringy. Lambasting a coach for winning 7 games at a winless program is just stupid. What’s even dumber is he won 9 games at Washington & 9 games at sanctioned USC. At some point Texas fans need to stop waiting for a quick one year turn around and let a coach figure shit out

Seven wins in a twelve game season equates to a winning percentage of 58%. Sark's career winning percentage is 54%. If he had any integrity, he would ask the public to refer to him as 6.5 win Steve

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

55 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Amen! The utter lack of imagination in this formation of having RJ take the snap, sit there long enough let the D line get penetration, and then run right into the D line, is appalling.

More appalling to do that with possibly the best running back in the country playing on your team.

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

So I am looking at PK and HIS scheme, and not what we would be if we could adopt someone else's scheme. As I have said for years, defensive coaches are their playbook. They aren't going to suddenly turn into someone else. PK runs what he runs and as such we either rush 3/4 and play zone behind it or we bring 4/5 and play man. The way we play man in his scheme requires more Jamisons and less Watts. Getting up in faces and getting physical to throw off route concepts isn't what we've been doing, and if you don't work on it, you won't be good at it IMO. I think there is a dude who CAN coach a solid defense already on campus and is probably only scheming when his input is asked for. 

I do not like PK at all, but I understand why he runs what he runs inside his scheme. I just don't think we have the kinds of players to run what he likes. Our DTs, and D-line as a whole are far better when we attack gaps as opposed to trying to eat up blocks. We come off the edge better in a 4 man front too. 

That’s fair enough, but after watching the way we played D against Alabama, it makes it all too clear we have the wrong guy running the defense. It’s just a bad match with the way Sark runs his offense, which is predicated on hitting big plays that results in short drives. When the defense is allowing 10-12 play drives by design for three quarters and the offense is going feast or famine with 3-6 play drives, you get a worn out defense that folds in the 4th quarter. With Sark’s style of offense we need a defense that creates negative plays and turnovers, even if it gives up big plays downfield now and then. 

Edited by Duane Moore
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

The idea is that we suck because of our school’s culture.  Wealthy meddling donors and fair-weather, fickle fans leading to spoiled entitled players (and coaches).

Every major program has wealthy meddling donors, and every fanbase would be fickle after 12+ years of suckage.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, redswingline said:

Let's tap the brakes there.

I've seen the "aranda went from 2-7 to 12-2" , but  it's always left out that they were 11-1 (regular season) the year before he got there.

So he took a team that was conference champion quality and won a conference championship.

I would bet that +75% of their current starters are guys the other staff recruited.

Wait for 2-3 more years and see how his players perform.

Ok, let’s go back some more.  Ruhle inherited a 7-6 team from Grobe and he went 1-11, 7-6, and 11-3 in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Sark inherited a team from Herman that went 7-6, 10-4, 8-5 and 7-3 but I think we can agree that Sark did not inherit the bucket of shit that Herman got from Strong.  This takes into consideration that Herman went 4-0 in Bowl games.

If Sark can’t manage at least 6-7 wins this season, he’s got to win big in 2023 or he will lose the support of fan base.

Im not optimistic about him doing that from the way his team’s consistently lose games with large leads.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Also @jimmyjazz gatekeeping Texas fandom is really a bad look. It's pretty well known that I didn't graduate from Texas, but had an unorthodox Texas student life during my college aged years. Just because I don't have a piece of paper doesn't mean I can't be involved emotionally, financially and otherwise with Texas sports and UT culture. It's a stupid take and pointlessly an attack on ztejas. 

Yeah, no need to eat our own for God's sake... direct the anger at the players and coaches who get paid for this shit.

Card went 1-3 last year and  that 1 was against ULL and he looked extremely shaky in that game. He looked yesterday, exactly like he did all last year. Holding onto the ball. Doesn't see receivers. Can't deliver in crucial moments. Casey looked at least competent, and went 3-1 before injuring his thumb against OU. After that he struggled but you could see he at least saw the field. Back to the first guy. At no time since dawning a Texas uni has Card looked solid.

This is bs. Card is vastly different this year. And not sure where you get 1-3. He started two games. But I guess you can tag him with KU, ISU.

He’s converted multiple first downs when needing 15+ yards. I’m not sure we ever did that last year. He’s led multiple drives at the end of halves and games resulting in points. Two drives ended with the ball in our RBs hands yesterday. The QB had no negative impact on either of those drives. One drive failed because our WR couldn’t catch a very catchable ball.

He was solid yesterday. And one of your better offensive players. There are many adjectives to describe you based on this post. None of them positive.

But it is apparent that many here are not willing to let go of preconceived notions based on last year. Here’s a little reminder. Every QB alive misses open receivers, throws some less than great balls, and makes some poor decisions. And quite many improve over time.

With respect to Quinn, he’s got the arm of a “perfect” recruit. If that is what it takes to run Sarks offense, it is a shitty offense. He calls some great plays. But damn if some aren’t just awful.

Yesterday once again was a team loss.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• ztejas changed the title to ztejas sucks