Tech rushing the field

GreenspointTexas

18 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I know this picture but can’t remember the story. Can someone remind me?

This upset of aggy in Lubbock set off a run of Leach/Tech dominance over them. About as “t-shirt fans” as you can get, these 4 led the charge of carrying the goalpost towards the aggy visitor section. Gap Kid (aka Vincent Valdez who 5 mins before was working the Dominos concession stand), Harry Potter kid, Pirate dude, and black tank top girl were coined “the 4 Horsemen of the Aggy Apocalypse”. Numerous high level aggy lied or exaggerated about assaults and injuries, actually compare this to the real Alamo siege in 1836, and began referring to Tech students and fans as “classless clowns.”

Edited by Murfdogg21
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Bigjohns97 said:

From Gap Kid's description of the incident: "As if by some sort of telepathy, the entire mob decides that the next easiest route out of the stadium will be to the Northeast, over the fence".

LMAO it was like a giant human Ouija board.

I don't know why that fucking asshat who shoved our player from behind isnt going to be charged with assault his stupid fat ass should never been on the field to begin with. It's not fucking safe to rush the field and I hope that's stupid ignorant bitch that was doing the Horns down and flipped her hand back and hit our player in a face mask broker stupid hand.

On 9/25/2022 at 6:42 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

A flag?

What are you a goddamned pussy?  We lost. They won. They can do whatever they want. And you want a flag after the game is over?  Lulz. 

7 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

Well, this Tech fan (me, the one posting) thinks that this is complete horseshit and I hope that this guy is identified, prosecuted, fined and banned.

I hope this POS Tech fan gets punished for his actions but I can say that I knew guys that acted like that and no one can do to them what they will do to themselves.  Dudes a loser and this incident will be the peak of his existence.  He’s trash and the rest of his life will no doubt reflect that.  The Tech fan base is a collection of misfits.  

What are you a goddamned pussy?  We lost. They won. They can do whatever they want. And you want a flag after the game is over?  Lulz. 

I agree with you, but his picture was during the game. My question is “what would the Fucking call be anyway?” Too many people on the sidelines? I don’t think that’s a thing.

Since it looks like we are not going to be SEC bound until 2024 based on statements made by the SEC head cheese, we will get Tech back in Austin next year if the schedule follows the traditional model of playing a team every other year at home.     Between this and the Joey McGuire words post game, we should have plenty of bulletin board material to motivate us to dump 60 on them.  

37 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Since it looks like we are not going to be SEC bound until 2024 based on statements made by the SEC head cheese, we will get Tech back in Austin next year if the schedule follows the traditional model of playing a team every other year at home.     Between this and the Joey McGuire words post game, we should have plenty of bulletin board material to motivate us to dump 60 on them.  

Herein lies the root of our mediocrity. If we need bulletin board material to want to hang 60 on Tech, then we’re doing it wrong. That should be our default. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Man this sounds like aggy. “Wait till next year, since [insert last year of relevancy here].”

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I really don’t understand all the angst about Joey’s postgame LOCKERROOM speech to his team. He said nothing offensive about UT. He was firing them up to remain focused on the team goal. 

What exactly did he say that offends you so much?  Direct quotes only, please. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Maybe we'll rematch in the big 12 CCG. Since everything runs through Lubbock now, hopefully we can squeak in as the #2 team.

16 hours ago, horngrad03 said:

You seem like a bag of shit and even Tech fans on this thread disagree with you. 

"JUST WIN THE GAME AND YOU WON'T SUFFER CHEAP SHOTS FROM BEHIND!!!!"

Get fucked.

Agreed... every person that says this is pulling the football version of, "maybe you shouldn't have worn that short skirt..."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I really don’t understand all the angst about Joey’s postgame LOCKERROOM speech to his team. He said nothing offensive about UT. He was firing them up to remain focused on the team goal. 

“I told you Uncle Nate was gonna break, and he did”

“I said it doesn’t mean anything to beat Uncle Nate, we got some positive rep, that’s what it means.''

“He should keep posting, there’s a reason he doen’t want to keep posting and it happened today”
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

Here you go Tio....

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2022/09/24/joey-mcguire-calls-out-texas-over-potentially-not-continuing-to-play-texas-tech-after-sec-move/

5 hours ago, 4HE said:

Herein lies the root of our mediocrity. If we need bulletin board material to want to hang 60 on Tech, then we’re doing it wrong. That should be our default. 

Can't disagree much when you put in that context.   

5 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I would think a bag of weed and a Chili’s gift card would get this dude ratted out fast.

And an 18 pack of Natty Light.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Ok, cool. Hook 'em

There's nothing in it for us with a Tech game. It's not even a fun road trip for the fans or a beautiful destination. It's a game we benefit nothing from winning; it's all downside. I'm fine with it, I guess, because of recent tradition in the Big 12, but my enthusiasm for maintaining the series could be knocked over by a slight breeze.

I could lie and say the fans on the field assaulting our players matters, but it doesn't. They're just... Tech.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Bigjohns97 said:

Can't find it anymore, but there used to be a classic Youtube video of the gap kid/goalpost incident with the background music of  "Ballad of the Alamo" by Marty Robbins.

Edited by LonghornSean

The dude is trash. Field rushing shouldn't be a thing. Only a matter of time before someone like the guy from the vid does something to ruin it for everybody. But also, this is kind of a pussy ass thread and yall need to take the loss and let the fucktards in Lubbock enjoy their crazy celebration for a program-defining win over 7 loss Steve.

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Ok, cool. Hook 'em

There's nothing in it for us with a Tech game. It's not even a fun road trip for the fans or a beautiful destination. It's a game we benefit nothing from winning; it's all downside. I'm fine with it, I guess, because of recent tradition in the Big 12, but my enthusiasm for maintaining the series could be knocked over by a slight breeze.

I could lie and say the fans on the field assaulting our players matters, but it doesn't. They're just... Tech.

I would rather defer on playing them after we make the jump to the SEC at least on the gridiron for the reasons you state.   Rather go to Ann Arbor, Tempe, Salt Lake City, or a number of other places for a game against a Power 5 for non conference.  

For other sports where a competitive schedule needs to be filled with some quality opponents, I'm fine with playing them.    They are relevant on the stage in baseball and basketball.  Not sure on the women's side where they really excel as of late. 

15 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

You guys are WAY too sensitive and easily triggered.

I'm not sure why they are upset at Joey's comments. 

As I posted on another thread, his comments seem to confirm that the tech/UT long term agreement when we move to the SEC is no longer a thing.  If that's what he's admitting, then I'm 100% fine with Joe's comments. In fact, scream it again!

• Like 1