Tech rushing the field

GreenspointTexas

1 hour ago, Covri said:

Not even sure what you think this photo shows, but it looks like fans close but not impeding on anything, so asking for a flag is pretty pathetic. Plenty of schools have tight boundaries due to fans seats hedges walls military apprecrion etc. 

Also you still use tapatalk so I know you are a crotchety old lol

The fan shoving the player though deserves getting doxed and held accountable as others have mentioned. No place for that.

Huh? Is there some fancy, new fangled forum out there?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

No penalty for having thousands of students on the sideline during overtime?

5dfc546e2c521d4dec8f772b9a5ddf7c.jpg

Also:

Fuck these pieces of shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it's not like Gap Kid is shoving the left upright down his ass, but yeah.  Trash.

• Hook 'Em 1

If you don’t want tech fans storming the field maybe make a couple more stops on defense or have a couple fewer 3 and outs on offense 

also lol at tech storming out the field twice in September 

Edited by Sawbonz
Fuck you autocorrect
  • Hook 'Em 1

Obviously the fan hitting our player is disgusting but maybe that’s what this team needs to light a fire up their fucking ass and go out and hit somebody. I want to watch the game next week but I might develop brain complications if I see our CBs lined up 10 yards off their receivers for the 12th season in a row. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Ovie has to be mad AF. I mean he got pushed all over the field and absused all game then  Kyle from Best Buy comes down and pushes him around too 

this goes back to needing pipe hitters in the team. Yeah 2 wrongs don’t make a right. But a right cross after being attacked puts fans on notice. 

The worst thing the player could have done would have been to hit the idiot back.  How many other idiots would think the player started it, and then you have mayhem instantly.

The player did the absolute best thing for the situation.

All that being said, fuck the dude who pushed him.  Should be charged with anything and everything that applies.  Douche should never be allowed at a Tech sporting event again, nor a classroom, if he is even a student.

Be a fan and yell for your team.  There's a line there that was definitely crossed, IMHO.  The individual should face consequences.

Fuck that trash fanbase.

I was all for keeping them on the schedule in basketball and baseball, but after this we should never give them another payday in anything.  Fuck 'em.  Let 'em rot in a Big 12 that no one watches anymore and try to fill their shitty stadiums with OOC games against Texas State and SFA.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

1. I fucking hate Horns down. Not in a "it's DiSrEpeCtFul!!1!" way -- don't give a shit. It's in a "holy shit that's so completely worn out" way.

2. Why the hell would Tech rush the field? The University of Texas football team has been crummy for more than a decade. This isn't beating #1 Texas in 2008. This is beating barely ranked Texas in the same sort of game we've lost repeatedly for more than a decade. Rushing the field almost seems to imply some respect. It would have been worse if the stands were half empty and no one cared that they beat Texas.

The Tech fan base is like an NFL(Raiders) fan base and they act accordingly.  That said there are idiots in any fan base but I will say that if their administration doesn’t track this fucker down and punish him then Texas should tell them good luck in the future and find anyone else to play going forward. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I fucking hate Horns down. Not in a "it's DiSrEpeCtFul!!1!" way -- don't give a shit. It's in a "holy shit that's so completely worn out" way.

I get the horns down thing when playing Texas - makes perfect sense.  I watched the OU/K-State game Saturday and the stupid sooner fans were throwing horns down - makes no sense whatsoever.

And then they lost.  OU Sux!

Edited by Jerry Callo
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, stork642 said:

The Tech fan base is like an NFL(Raiders) fan base and they act accordingly.  That said there are idiots in any fan base but I will say that if their administration doesn’t track this fucker down and punish him then Texas should tell them good luck in the future and find anyone else to play going forward. 

They are actively looking for him. It's going to be difficult unless someone comes forward to identify him, though. Not much to go on vis a vis identifying him from the video.

There's a video out now of a Texas player shoving a fan down during the rush. I'm not going to post it because while it's not the right thing to do, it still would not have happened if the field rush didn't happen. I've always been against it and there's a number of good reasons we don't do it in basketball anymore. The NCAA/conference should just make a rule against it already, there's almost always something stupid that comes out of field rushes all over the country. It's dumb.

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

They are actively looking for him. It's going to be difficult unless someone comes forward to identify him, though. Not much to go on vis a vis identifying him from the video.

Well they need to financially incentivize those goons to turn the idiot in.  I’d say a lifetime supply of Valtrex would do the trick.  

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

There's a video out now of a Texas player shoving a fan down during the rush. I'm not going to post it because

That’s so stupid. Post it and quit being a vagina. I can almost guarantee the UT player did the right thing anyway. You could let everyone be their own judge instead of being the judge for everyone.

Just now, Helobious said:

That’s so stupid. Post it and quit being a vagina. I can almost guarantee the UT player did the right thing anyway. You could let everyone be their own judge instead of being the judge for everyone.

That's my point, though. I don't blame him for doing it, really. The field rush is the root of the problem. People are going to post it and be like "SEE BOTH SIDES", completely missing the point that field rushes are stupid and dangerous and shouldn't exist.

21 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Short, fat, stupid haircut, sunglasses, white or Hispanic…

No doubt he appears in game or post game footage… if they really want to find him, that is. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

That's my point, though. I don't blame him for doing it, really. The field rush is the root of the problem. People are going to post it and be like "SEE BOTH SIDES", completely missing the point that field rushes are stupid and dangerous and shouldn't exist.

Yeah there’s definitely a lot of people that will take Tech’s side on this site. You’re so brave and noble. The safeguard of truth.

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

This type of shit has gone on at Tech for 20+ years.  An incident almost broke out when those drunk idiots rushed the field in 2002 and got in our players faces.   The Tech Administration can try to scapegoat this guy all they want but this is just who Tech is and who they have always been.  The Administration doesn't give a damn and tacitly encourages this type of shit by not even attempting to prevent fans from getting on the field.  Hell they did it against Houston.  This is exactly why we should absolutely never play those clowns again.   Lord knows A&M won't play them again either as they would have to deal with the same shit.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Skipper said:

This type of shit has gone on at Tech for 20+ years.  An incident almost broke out when those drunk idiots rushed the field in 2002 and got in our players faces.   The Tech Administration can try to scapegoat this guy all they want but this is just who Tech is and who they have always been.  The Administration doesn't give a damn and tacitly encourages this type of shit by not even attempting to prevent fans from getting on the field.  Hell they did it against Houston.  This is exactly why we should absolutely never play those clowns again.   Lord knows A&M won't play them again either as they would have to deal with the same shit.   

The admin is not going to scapegoat the guy. It's not even clear what happened in the video, it looks like he shoves a female fan, but the video is very bad/short. My point in bringing it up was to get ahead of any other Tech fans that might try and justify other things that happened on the field because this one incident also took place. The root cause of it all is the field rush itself, and it should be ended.

e: Bolded this point as it was literally proven right before I hit the submit button.

I don't agree that the admin doesn't give a damn, they managed to clean it up vis a vis basketball pretty quickly and there's no reason they couldn't or shouldn't do the same with football. Based on comments Hocutt has apparently made in private (according to 9.95), he agrees that it's a problem and wants to take some action there as well. I hope he does so quickly because it's stupid and embarrassing.

Edited by Brian Fantana

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

The admin is not going to scapegoat the guy. It's not even clear what happened in the video, it looks like he shoves a female fan, but the video is very bad/short. My point in bringing it up was to get ahead of any other Tech fans that might try and justify other things that happened on the field because this one incident also took place. The root cause of it all is the field rush itself, and it should be ended.

I don't agree that the admin doesn't give a damn, they managed to clean it up vis a vis basketball pretty quickly and there's no reason they couldn't or shouldn't do the same with football. Based on comments Hocutt has apparently made in private (according to 9.95), he agrees that it's a problem and wants to take some action there as well. I hope he does so quickly because it's stupid and embarrassing.

I'm talking about the guy that shoved Ovie as who the Administration will try to scapegoat.    As far as the rest of your post I'll believe when I see it. But hopefully I won't have to because we'll never play those idiots again.   Like I said, this same shit has been going on for 20+ years.  There just weren't cell phone videos around then.    Tech has always had a reputation as a god awful fan base for a reason.   If the administration gave a shit about protecting student athletes, they could encircle the field with cops/security like other schools do and make it know if you jump onto the field you are getting arrested.

21 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Yup.

I was never on board for the home/home for football when we leave, but I was talking myself into doing some series with tech for the Olympic sports. 

After Saturday, absolutely not. Their new “rival” game can be Baylor and Houston now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1