ISU is about to get shit on

ztejas

It’s an interesting game. ISU’s defense has absolutely not been their problem this year and Sark has had problems against schemes like Heacock’s. There’s also the psychological aspect - can Texas avoid a letdown after yesterday? I think/hope the anticlimactic nature of the game helps with that; the players and staff know as well as we do that OU is just straight garbage.

Still, ISU’s offense is cheeks. 24-28 points puts the game out of reach and it is hard to imagine this Texas offense not hitting that number at home.

• Like 1

With Quinn at QB, they're not gonna stop us from moving the chains.  And their offense is too inept to do likewise.  So, it might be a bit closer than we'd like at the break, but I think we'll end up dominating TOP and wearing them down and breaking them in the second half.  Final 38-10.

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It’s an interesting game. ISU’s defense has absolutely not been their problem this year and Sark has had problems against schemes like Heacock’s. There’s also the psychological aspect - can Texas avoid a letdown after yesterday? I think/hope the anticlimactic nature of the game helps with that; the players and staff know as well as we do that OU is just straight garbage.

Still, ISU’s offense is cheeks. 24-28 points puts the game out of reach and it is hard to imagine this Texas offense not hitting that number at home.

Defense travels.  Cyclones did give up 31pts to Baylor.  But Kansas only scored 14pts and K-State scored 10pts on Cyclones defense.

Klieman said that Cyclones rush defense is one of the best in CFB this year.  

Regular Season
DATE OPPONENT RESULT        
Sat, 9/3
vsSEMOSEMO
W42-10        
Sat, 9/10
@IOWAIOWA
W10-7        
Sat, 9/17
vsOHIOOHIO
W43-10        
Sat, 9/24
vsBAY17 BAY
L31-24        
Sat, 10/1
@KUKU
L14-11        
Sat, 10/8
vsKSU20 KSU
L10-9

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I think/hope the anticlimactic nature of the game helps with that

I think this helps a lot. We go into the next game with a lot of confidence after getting Ewers back and throttling our rival, albeit the worst OU team since 1998. But yesterday’s game wasn’t an emotional shootout through four quarters like the 2018 and 2008 games. It was over in the third quarter and our starters were resting for most of the fourth.  I think that makes it a bit easier to move past this win and focus on the next opponent.