Texas vs iowa state - 11am on ABC

Pancho

26 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

We bitch about the D but they got two turnovers, and that second one was a thing of beauty. That really was textbook putting a shoulder on the ball.

Yeah that’s good.  But, I would prefer they make a 3rd (and 4th) down stop every now and then.  I swear our opponents could go to the refs and say “just start us out at 3rd and 10, because we’re going to convert anyway.”

11 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

But that’s not unlucky but Texas. That was within their control, it was just shitty play by Cain.

It’s okay to admit your team got a W with a losing effort and was fortunate to do so. It happens. It’s just been a while since Texas did it.

Texas deserved to win because they made the plays at the end when it counted.  They played like shit most of the game which made the game close.  Texas should have beat this team by two TDs easy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

we rushed more than 3 the whole game

Our DL bullrushes every single time. There are no moves whatsoever. Then somehow they still lose contain on the QB when the benefit of bullrushing is that you can keep your hands on the OL and your eyes on the QB to disengage when he moves up or out of the pocket.

Now sure, the OLs in the Big 12 hold some. But there not even any effort to get off the blocks a lot of the time. Our DL is playing a lot better than last year but they still have a lot of issues, especially in the pass rush department.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

He was not good today. That first miss to Cain, missing Whittington open in the end zone. The one positive is we usually lose these games.

That Whittington play looked like the defender was so far off of Whitt because the ball was already out. Looked that way to me anyway….

1 minute ago, Dignan said:

That Whittington play looked like the defender was so far off of Whitt because the ball was already out. Looked that way to me anyway….

Agreed, he would have been as open as Griffin was declaring only if Ewers had pump faked, which is expecting a bit much.

And two misses to Cain were catchable. On one of them he just stopped running and Ewers threw him deep away from the safety. That wasn't as bad a miss by Ewers as it looked like. Now he definitely didn't play great but there were at least as many issues by the WRs. Thankfully Worthy had a very good game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ewers was under more pressure today. Announcer said that ISU linebackers weren't biting on the play action (not sure I buy that). We didn't see enough deception today. We need more rollouts and quick pitches. Only saw one quick pitch today and it went for about ten to Rojo. We need to keep stretching the D as well. I don't like straight handoffs on second and eight. Too often we end up with third and six. One screen pass in crunch time worked well. When a team is blitzing on every play, you need to make 'em pay. Screens, pitchouts, and sweeps.

Ewers missed a couple of throws, but he wasn't the problem. That fucking backwards pass was shit, however. WTF?

• Like 1

I thought Ewers looked nervous to begin the game. Gotta remember he is still very young. That being said, we still have Bijan and a great offense, the pressure is on the defense the next few games. OSU, KSU and TCU is scary. (I can’t believe I am saying that).

Watts loss was huge and it's pretty clear the young guys at corner aren't ready.

I've seen us lose games like this for far too long for me to not be happy right now.  8-4 is probably the most likely scenario but I can see the team getting up for Oklahoma State and pulling something crazy off. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Dignan said:

it's amazing how anyone could watch that play and see both defenders leave Whitt after the ball was thrown and bitch about Ewers missing him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

it's amazing how anyone could watch that play and see both defenders leave Whitt after the ball was thrown and bitch about Ewers missing him.

Exactly. Quinn def looked there pre snap, but as the ISU LB moved to the middle he came off to the single coverage throw. 

5 minutes ago, 936horn said:

Disagree. We seem to get up for the big games and dog dick our way through the would be “gimmies”. I bet we look like we did last week against OSU. 

Iowa State had beaten us three years in a row on almost this exact way. I don't why anybody would think this team was a gimme. They match up well with us clearly for whatever reason. I was so relieved this game was at home.

OSU has also had our number, I have no reason to think it will be any easier next week. Next week is the biggest game of the season. Ewers and company have to be awesome.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, SarksJuggs said:

After the absolute royal screwing Texas has received from Big 12 refs for the last 10 years, anybody bitching about a missed call can eat a fat can of shit. I have no sympathy. 

I mean the refs looked at that play dozens of times in slow motion. It is not like we slipped one by them.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sark looks pissed at the presser. Maybe he realizes that the D is still shit and we’re not as good overall as the press clippings. Obviously, he stated the same at mondays presser so he’ll need to work on keeping our young team engaged. We will lose 2 more at the least. But nice win today.

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Agreed, he would have been as open as Griffin was declaring only if Ewers had pump faked, which is expecting a bit much.

And two misses to Cain were catchable. On one of them he just stopped running and Ewers threw him deep away from the safety. That wasn't as bad a miss by Ewers as it looked like. Now he definitely didn't play great but there were at least as many issues by the WRs. Thankfully Worthy had a very good game.

Yeah Cain seems like he sucks all around.  

6 minutes ago, 936horn said:
26 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

We are going to get mud holed by OSU

Disagree. We seem to get up for the big games and dog dick our way through the would be “gimmies”. I bet we look like we did last week against OSU.

While I do aggree that we tend to get up for big games, it doesn't totally explain today. ISU was a bad matchup for us and I knew it coming into this. Their run defense is excellent and our OL is poor at run blocking. OU's run defense was putrid going into the RRS, so while Texas did play inspired, it wasn't tough sledding. I expected us to struggle today running the ball. What I didn't expect was Ewers being off so badly. He finally settled in a little on that first TD drive with some help from the run game and some short passes.

Texas deserved to win because they made the plays at the end when it counted.  They played like shit most of the game which made the game close.  Texas should have beat this team by two TDs easy. 

I don’t disagree. But the way they played, they were fortunate to win, and ISU gave the game away on the final drive. Now, that’s ISU’s problem so I’m not saying they deserved to win.

8 minutes ago, fellside said:

Watts loss was huge and it's pretty clear the young guys at corner aren't ready.

I've seen us lose games like this for far too long for me to not be happy right now.  8-4 is probably the most likely scenario but I can see the team getting up for Oklahoma State and pulling something crazy off. 

I haven't been all that impressed with Watts frankly. I'd say he is usually a plus on tackling vs the run, or once a reciever has caught the ball. He's not that great in coverage. Not to say that there isn't a dropoff though. He's starting for a reason, but maybe some game reps will serve those young guys well.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

I haven't been all that impressed with Watts frankly. I'd say he is usually a plus on tackling vs the run, or once a reciever has caught the ball. He's not that great in coverage. Not to say that there isn't a dropoff though. He's starting for a reason, but maybe some game reps will serve those young guys well.

None of our DBs are impressive and I’m convinced our DB coach doesn’t actually exist.

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
20 minutes ago, stork642 said:

I don’t disagree. But the way they played, they were fortunate to win, and ISU gave the game away on the final drive. Now, that’s ISU’s problem so I’m not saying they deserved to win.

I do disagree. Texas made some plays that counted throughout the game and at the end and also stunk up the field throughout the game. Ford's INT was huge. Bijan's catch up the middle when Ewers finally ripped it was huge. TCU had drops throughout the game. TCU's missed FG was huge. All those plays mattered, not just those won and lost in the end. But yeah, there's some extra pressure as time runs out.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

None of our DBs are impressive and I’m convinced our DB coach doesn’t actually exist.

Jamison and Watts are two of the better rated DB's in the Big12.  I'll be interested to see the 'Time to Throw' numbers for Dekker - but on first watch it looked like he had all day to throw back there - not much a DB can do in that situation.

The one big beat for the TD was on a true freshman.  Quite a few of the XH receptions were him settling into the empty space in the zone.

19 minutes ago, fellside said:

+rep

The Watts injury almost lost us the game.  Hope he's back soon

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

Does any of your sex not involve you getting it up your ass?

The way you old geezers on here crave younger women, y’all don’t think yalls wives are craving 30 yr old brown skin men like me. I get eye fucked at the games by 40-50 yr olds who I assume some of y’all call wives. Our DL sucks, our DBs can’t defend, our OL has no pride in blocking for Bijan and Ewers has a lot more mistakes to be made. Oh and Sark gets figured out at halftime every game. I wish we’d throw the sink at Rhule. 

Edited by DoubleQuarterPounder
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 31