Texas vs iowa state - 11am on ABC

Pancho

1 minute ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

The way you old geezers on here crave younger women, y’all don’t think yalls wives are craving 30 yr old brown skin men like me. I get eye fucked at the games by 40-50 yr olds who I assume some of y’all call wives. Our DL sucks, our DBs can’t defend, our OL has no pride in blocking for Bijan and Ewers has a lot more mistakes to be made. Oh and Sark gets figured out at halftime every game. I wish we’d throw the sink at Rhule. 

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

31 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Then 2X what I said because Oklahoma State is going to shred Texas.  

Without a doubt. They do it yearly, and somehow we win a few of those. Gundy is a weird duck because he'll go away from what's working more than any coach I've ever seen. I'll never forget the one game against Turtle where he had to purposely lose that game. So bizarre it sounds made up, but it's not. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

None of our DBs are impressive and I’m convinced our DB coach doesn’t actually exist.

Don't really disagree. I do think D'Shawn Jameson has shown some improvements. He has at least made plays on the ball this season. He's always been pretty good for some opportunistic INTs but he's actually made some PBUs this season ... FINALLY. Shouldn't have to be a senior for that light bulb to go off. But need to see more of those from him and everyone else.

I'm wondering how much of our putrid play has to do with zone vs man, and how much it is just poor fundamental coverage skills.

31 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Our DL bullrushes every single time. There are no moves whatsoever. Then somehow they still lose contain on the QB when the benefit of bullrushing is that you can keep your hands on the OL and your eyes on the QB to disengage when he moves up or out of the pocket.

Now sure, the OLs in the Big 12 hold some. But there not even any effort to get off the blocks a lot of the time. Our DL is playing a lot better than last year but they still have a lot of issues, especially in the pass rush department.

no edge rusher is just a killer, olines just clog up the middle never even think about the edge

1 hour ago, SuckitKevin said:

It was not targeting because he was a runner and it was to his shoulder. It was a fumble. RGIII is a moron. Our intermediate coverage and 3rd down defense has to improve or we’re not a top 20 team. Our mental mistakes were completely stupid today. We won. Where’s the Tylenol? I’m fucking drained.

Not only was it to the shoulder but the tackler's head was up. He lead with his head/helmet up and made contact with his chest to the ball carrier and his helmet made contact with the other defender's helmet, but face up. I could see why someone might call it targeting in real time, especially Campbell from the sidelines but on review there was no ambiguity.

12 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Don't really disagree. I do think D'Shawn Jameson has shown some improvements. He has at least made plays on the ball this season. He's always been pretty good for some opportunistic INTs but he's actually made some PBUs this season ... FINALLY. Shouldn't have to be a senior for that light bulb to go off. But need to see more of those from him and everyone else.

I'm wondering how much of our putrid play has to do with zone vs man, and how much it is just poor fundamental coverage skills.

Jamison has been elite at corner. He isn't the problem. Our safeties are terrible in coverage and our linebackers have trouble with their drops. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

I only caught the first offensive drive then right at the end when we went ahead, but what did Cain do today that everyone is talking about?  Hopefully doesn't trigger folks.

Stopped running on one route. Didn't adjust at all to another ball. Then stone cold dropped a wide open 30 yard ball with nobody around him. No defender on the screen sort of wide open. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

And I think should have been for all of it. Not that you could tell we were running either against Hutchinson. 

Iowa state was running a lot of man beaters and rubbing of defenders. Some of those should have been called as penalties. Not double covering Hutchinson was inexcusable. But, again, I have no idea what our safeties were doing the majority of the game. They may as well have not played. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

We can't keep trotting out there with this brand of pass defense. Our zone has more holes than the Bonnie & Clyde death car. 

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

We were in man most of the game. 

Our man coverage being so loose it looks like zone is probably one of our issues.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I had to DVR the game due to an appointment. I was so tired of this team by the third quarter I decided to just fast forward to the end. I’m sick of watching uninspired and uninspiring Texas teams. 

Dude I don't know what you were expecting. These dudes match up well with us. This game was always going to be a grind. We have lost to them three straight times because they play great defense and match up well with us, not because we were uninspired. 

And next week will be no easier. OSU is well coached and knows how to beat us. We are going to have to grind out a win in a very difficult environment. Even if we play great and hard, it is not going to be pretty.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sark is a good play caller but he has important spots in games where he calls stuff he can’t call given the situation. If he would fix that leak in his game we wouldn’t have to worry about our defense.

Throwing deep in 4th and 3 at the 40 in that situation is something you can’t do. Yeah he got the best case in. Wide open receiver but still have to make the throw and make the catch. And that throw is not Ewer’s strong suit. You just can’t risk not getting the first down there by calling a low percentage play. You do that play on 3rd and short when you know you can go for it on 4th.

But if you are going to call that play, you have to drill in your QB’s head that you don’t care if it is an INT. You HAVE to throw the ball where your WR can try and make a play on it. It’s not the time to make a perfect pass where only your guy has a chance. It’s 4th down, an INT down there is better than an incompletion. Just throw it up.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Sark is a good play caller but he has important spots in games where he calls stuff he can’t call given the situation. If he would fix that leak in his game we wouldn’t have to worry about our defense.

Throwing deep in 4th and 3 at the 40 in that situation is something you can’t do. Yeah he got the best case in. Wide open receiver but still have to make the throw and make the catch. And that throw is not Ewer’s strong suit. You just can’t risk not getting the first down there by calling a low percentage play. You do that play on 3rd and short when you know you can go for it on 4th.

But if you are going to call that play, you have to drill in your QB’s head that you don’t care if it is an INT. You HAVE to throw the ball where your WR can try and make a play on it. It’s not the time to make a perfect pass where only your guy has a chance. It’s 4th down, an INT down there is better than an incompletion. Just throw it up.

He gets figured out at halftime. Rhule is there for the taking let’s throw out feelers 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 22