2022 ALCS Yankees vs Astros

WBT

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Maybe, just maybe that's because the Yankees led the MLB in HRs by a good amount this season and have scored nearly all their postseason runs on homers?

And there has been an alarming lack of "scoreboard flipping" in these playoffs.  The SD-PHIL G2 just seemed so amazing because a lead finally changed hands in the playoffs.

The point is that the announcers and the post game host are saying anything except praise for the Astros pitching dominating the Yankee hitters.  Play on happy days on the Fonz couldn’t say he was wrong about something. They aren’t capable of talking objectively about the Yankees opponent.

New York is not being beaten. They are just running out of time according to these loons.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Game 1 ump. My bad

This is still wrong. This year Mike Muchlinski has been home plate umpire for 4 Yankees game (counting the playoff game). They are now 2-2 in those four games. Hell, since opening day of 2016, he's only been the home plate umpire for 12 games. The Yankees are 5-7 in those 12 games. You can get the data at Umpscorecard. Here is what it looks like game by game:

image.png.c8f96f73854db1829163293b55f93e85.png

Any other back peddling you want to do?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Scraps said:

No way in hell the same ump would be behind the plate 14 games for same team in a year unless pandemic hits again where they leave crews to prevent traveling etc.

Use your pea brain

pretty fucking typical of the cheating fraud Yankees that the tweet hasn't been deleted when it is provably false yet getting tons of likes and retweets

I'm probably in the minority here but I think waaaaaaaaaay too much is being made about Boone's comments in the post-game on the Judge fly ball out to RF. I mean, he was asked a question specifically about what he thought when Judge hit it and he answered honestly that he thought it had a chance to go yard but the roof open probably held it up a bit and even went as far as to say it wasn't crushed etc. Really everyone is getting hung up on the words "us" vs "it". I don't think he was taking anything away from the Astros and talked about Framber settling in as the game went along and said how hard that staff is to hit. This was just an honest answer about what he was thinking at the time that ball was hit. 

He gets a pass from me on that one. Severino, however....that "luck" talk is for giant pussy losers and there was nothing lucky at all about Bregman's hr that clanked off the damn wall behind the Crawford Boxes. 

22 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I think waaaaaaaaaay too much is being made about Boone's comments in the post-game on the Judge fly ball out to RF. I mean, he was asked a question specifically about what he thought when Judge hit it and he answered honestly that he thought it had a chance to go yard but the roof open probably held it up a bit and even went as far as to say it wasn't crushed etc. Really everyone is getting hung up on the words "us" vs "it". I don't think he was taking anything away from the Astros and talked about Framber settling in as the game went along and said how hard that staff is to hit. This was just an honest answer about what he was thinking at the time that ball was hit. 

He gets a pass from me on that one. Severino, however....that "luck" talk is for giant pussy losers and there was nothing lucky at all about Bregman's hr that clanked off the damn wall behind the Crawford Boxes. 

I just think it is the collective gaping vadge remarks across the entire organization even Higashioka said some inane shit too.  The sissification has taken hold and infected the whole unit over there.

14 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

yeah, the narrative going around the nyy clubhouse, then interviews, then yankee twitter was all about exit velo, launch angle, etc comparing bregs and judge's homers.  teams that get hung up on that shit are doing it wrong and are in their heads.  severino can comment all he wants on pitches he threw, but he sounds like a clown when talking about stuff the yankee hitters did.

i'm not surprised everyone on the yankee side thought judge's ball would be gone.  if you watch closely in game one, you could see stanton thought his double was gone too, because his first few steps looked like a trot, then he realized and took off.  they play half their games with a short porch that's only 315 away and they have two huge strong dudes that like to take the ball the other way.

yes, these games are close.  and yes, all announcers in every sport in every big game talk (hope) that these games they're calling involve clutch hits and homers and back and forth and become crazy instant classics.  if the game was 5-1 and two guys get on base, the color guy will always chime in with, "well the tying run is on deck" because they want viewers to stay engaged and they hope to call something special. 

the astros have been leading in 99% of the innings this year vs nyy, so it always seems like they're describing what the yankees need to do to take the lead.  i, for one, am happy about that.  also costas had a nice bit last night about "a lot of these games are close, but the astros have now won 7 of 9 against the yankees, and isn't that kinda becoming its own story?"

off to new york.  everybody have a nap and let's see if the yankees can make this a series.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

He was gifting Servino strikes that were half a foot outside to right handed hitters all night.  He shouldn't have made it past the third inning

To be fair he was basically calling every pitch the catchers could frame strikes all night long but he was doing it both directions.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

To be fair he was basically calling every pitch the catchers could frame strikes all night long but he was doing it both directions.

Yeah, he was just a shitty ump.  No favoritism either way.  He gave 2 inches outside and 2 inches down to anybody who could hit it.

Bring on the computerized zone.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

The entire west side is open

Huh, that looks just like the Mariners' stadium

I thought I remembered that glass part staying extended even when the roof was open.

So the wind was blowing in from left and then swirling around the stadium and then blowing out to left?

23 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Ah yes, the old national-media-is-not-praising-my-team-enough complaint.  Heard that frequently, most often from Spurs fans.

Yeah, IDGAF about all that.  It's just bullshit how they repeated their idiotic point multiple times.  They was efforting...

The win is most definitely enough.  Laughing at them is a bonus.

Edited by slorch

43 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Ah yes, the old national-media-is-not-praising-my-team-enough complaint.  Heard that frequently, most often from Spurs fans.

Yep. I listen to a lot of baseball podcasts and they all consider the Astros “the big bad wolf” and admit they are the class of the league, particularly in the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Huh, that looks just like the Mariners' stadium

I thought I remembered that glass part staying extended even when the roof was open.

So the wind was blowing in from left and then swirling around the stadium and then blowing out to left?

just baseball being baseball.

On 10/21/2022 at 12:13 PM, slorch said:

The point is that the announcers and the post game host are saying anything except praise for the Astros pitching dominating the Yankee hitters.  Play on happy days on the Fonz couldn’t say he was wrong about something. They aren’t capable of talking objectively about the Yankees opponent.

New York is not being beaten. They are just running out of time according to these loons.

Well they’re being beaten and it’s because Houston’s pitchers are superior to the Yanks hitters so I completely am with you on that. If the announcers are going full aggy that’s just silly on their part. My mom is as die-hard as it gets as a Yankees fan since Mantle, but she said yesterday that the Astros are just a better team and I completely agree. Should be fun to see who they will be facing in the World Series. 

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'd like to be the first to congratulate the Astros on making the World Series.  

I realize that the series isn't over, but a 3-0 series deficit in MLB is simply impossible to overcome.  Never been done!

Maybe my sarcasm meter is busted but Red Sox, 2004. Yankees also involved 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

.Red Sox, 2004. Yankees also involved 

GTFO of here with that bullshit.  You expect me to believe that not only did MLB's most storied franchise blow a 3-0 lead, but they also blew it against their hated rival?

Try something more plausible next time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Look, I'm no lifelong Astros fans.  But I like how they play ball and have many good friends and family who are diehards.  And I don't know no quant sabremetrics shit despite having an advanced degree in numbers or finance or some bullshit.  Finally, I admittedly fucking despise the New York Yankees.  So girl...allow me to break down for you.  Yankees had the number one offense in the American League.  Break it down however you like, but they did this thing called scoring runs.  And they did it really well.  Don't know how they did it, don't give a shit.  But they do 5 runs a game, month over month, getting it done.  Houston has held them to less than 5 runs in 3 games.  Total.  Overall.  Bill James and I checked the math with Neil D. Tyson and yeah...5 runs in one game is a thing...less than 5 runs in aggregate over a 3-game series means you a punk ass bitch and shit the fuck about cunts.  Go sleep.  

Looking forward to Houston taking it in a sweep or 5 in the Bronx.  And being well, well...rested for the WS.

32 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yankees had the number one offense in the American League.  Break it down however you like, but they did this thing called scoring runs.  And they did it really well.  Don't know how they did it, don't give a shit.  But they do 5 runs a game, month over month, getting it done.

eh, .500 team for the last 100 games. pretty sure this is just who they are. 

definitely in the playoffs.

they hit like .240 as a team this year. hope they had fun in random may blowouts.