What the fuck is wrong with you, Houston? Non-CR thread

crash_davis

10 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

That's why so many people drive with expired licenses. Ain't nobody got time for all that.

Seriously, just go to the country and get it done.

This is not for DLs.  This is titles and what not.  

Lots of snappy dressers here.  Fashion designers will be scurrying back to their studios in Paris, NYC, Milan and LA. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

driver is fuuuuuucked …..

Just drove by there on Westheimer and there are still Porsche bits piled up in the parking lot. I hope the Chronicle or one of the TV stations publishes the name of the woman who thought it was appropriate to be driving her Porsche at 100 mph down Westheimer.

Teen runs out of gas and HPD beats his ass for not immediately moving a disabled vehicle and charges him with felony assault.

https://abc13.com/langham-creek-high-school-hcso-internal-investigation-harris-county-deputies-excessive-force-kristopher-willis/13114863/

Fucking pigs. I’m sure it will be a slap on the wrist.

I knew a gal that went to Langham Creek. In the biblical sense.

On 4/19/2023 at 1:31 PM, deadshank said:

Fun times at the DMV on Governor’s Circle.  

3D9FB736-8849-4645-B99B-EE76E89EEFC9.jpeg

Jerry Seinfeld:
Elaine, what percentage of people would you say are good looking?

Elaine Benes:
25 percent.

Jerry Seinfeld:
25 percent, you say? No way! It's like 4 to 6 percent. It's a 20 to 1 shot.

Elaine Benes:
You're way off.

Jerry Seinfeld:
Way off? Have you been to the motor vehicle bureau? It's like a leper colony down there.

Elaine Benes:
So what you are saying is that 90 to 95 percent of the population is undateable?

Jerry Seinfeld:
UNDATEABLE!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

46 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

Jerry Seinfeld:
Elaine, what percentage of people would you say are good looking?

Elaine Benes:
25 percent.

Jerry Seinfeld:
25 percent, you say? No way! It's like 4 to 6 percent. It's a 20 to 1 shot.

Elaine Benes:
You're way off.

Jerry Seinfeld:
Way off? Have you been to the motor vehicle bureau? It's like a leper colony down there.

Elaine Benes:
So what you are saying is that 90 to 95 percent of the population is undateable?

Jerry Seinfeld:
UNDATEABLE!

It’s sad commentary when I’m the best looking person at any particular location.  

But here we are.  

Edited by deadshank
  • Haha 2

On 4/19/2023 at 10:33 AM, tx 3 putt said:

Chambers, 32, who lives in the Montrose area, entered the 339th District Court on Wednesday still visibly injured from the crash, in a wheelchair with her arm in a sling. She is charged with intoxication manslaughter in connection with McMullin's death. 

Her defense attorney, Mark Thiessen, said Chambers broke her leg and clavicle in the collision. He told the court she was not guilty and cited poor road conditions on Houston streets as the reason Chambers lost control of her vehicle. 

The charges, he suggested, may best be resolved in civil court. 

“We're going to get all the evidence and the discovery and properly look at whether this was a crime or should just be a civil lawsuit,” Thiessen said. 

Assistant District Attorney Kelly Marshall maintained that Chambers’ actions April 20 were criminal, as she outlined details of the fatal wreck in court.

After striking McMullin, the car slammed into a pole, according to witnesses. A good Samaritan then rushed out from a nearby business in the 1200 block of Westheimer Road to help Chambers from the wrecked sports car. Chambers asked the person to contact her family members, the prosecutor said.

A blood draw at a hospital found that Chambers' blood had nearly four times the legal limit of alcohol, according to court records. 

“There was a lot of alcohol in her system,” Marshall said, adding that traces of suspected drugs — possibly Adderall and cocaine — were also found in her purse.

Chambers told police that she drank a beer at 9:30 p.m. April 19 but nothing else after that, Marshall said. The crash occurred at 2:30 a.m. the following day. 

One of the two passengers in the Porsche told authorities that Chambers did not drink at the bar. Investigators are looking into whether Chambers may have been served alcohol at a bar, and if she was — whether she was over-served, Marshall continued. 

Judge Te’iva Bell ordered that Chambers be held on a $50,000 bond and prohibited her from driving unless she gets a job. Chambers is required to install a landline at her home to show that she is abiding by those conditions. 

Poor road conditions driving 100 MPH. I walk this route many times late at night and there are some crazy ass drivers out there.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/20/2023 at 6:36 AM, CooterBrown said:

Teen runs out of gas and HPD beats his ass for not immediately moving a disabled vehicle and charges him with felony assault.

https://abc13.com/langham-creek-high-school-hcso-internal-investigation-harris-county-deputies-excessive-force-kristopher-willis/13114863/

Langham grad here. Terrible situation for those young men. They didn’t do anything wrong, and now their parents might have to put a second mortgage on their house to pay defense attorneys. I hope charges are dismissed soon.

I had quite a bit of interaction with the Harris County Sheriffs in high school. Many officers were unpopular high school heroes who were too dumb for college and the military. Give them a badge and a gun and they think they’re cooler than John Wayne.

They always responded to break up parties. One particular night I decided to hide in the bathroom of the party house instead of jumping a 8 foot fence and crossing a bayou. I figured no one would open the door, the sheriffs would grab a couple smokes and leave in a few hours. Nope. Some dumb ass freshman got scared and opened the door. They came in guns drawn and rounded everybody up and zip tied them. I was one of the last people they found. They threatened to kick the bathroom door in and I had enough. I opened the door, they zip tied my ass and told me I was lucky. They almost shot me. 

Just excessive in everything that they do. Especially with young people. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/19/2023 at 2:00 PM, Brothahorn said:

That's why so many people drive with expired licenses. Ain't nobody got time for all that.

Seriously, just go to the country and get it done.

I get mine in Hempstead.  Takes 15 minutes.  You do literally have to sit on the back porch in a lawn chair outside waiting to get called in.

• Like 1

A Texas man who learned he had been scammed out of $40 by a fake parking attendant left his date inside a Houston restaurant, retrieved a gun from his car and allegedly fatally shot the man before returning for dinner, according to court records. 

Erick Aguirre faces murder charges in the April 11 death of 46-year-old Elliot Nix.

Aguirre appeared in court on Thursday, and a judge set his bond at $200,000.

His attorney, Brent Mayr, declined to comment.

Aguirre, 29, allegedly told his date that “everything was fine” and that he just scared the man after returning to the Rodeo Goat restaurant from the parking lot in the East Downtown neighborhood, known as EaDo.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/28/texas-man-accused-of-leaving-date-killing-parking-lot-scammer-then-returning-to-restaurant/

The food ain't that great and you got scammed..

1qzya6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scary story. Apparently the victims were from Honduras. 5 dead including an 8 year old who died at the hospital. Guy was firing off his weapon and his unfortunate neighbors asked him to stop as they had children in the house they were trying to get to sleep. They feel like he’s 20-30 miles away somewhere. Not sure if they put out a BOLO or need to (likely know where he is bc they said they know who he is) but said it was a Hispanic man 5’8” tall…that’s about it. What a fucking tragedy. Some stories said the shooter was drunk so I doubt he got very far after the shooting…

Investigators said the shooter, 38-year-old Francisco Oropeza, was confronted by neighbors and asked to stop shooting because they had a young child who was trying to sleep. Oropeza responded by saying he would do what he wants on his property.

Capers said Oropeza escaped the area after the shooting. Several guns were recovered from his home by a SWAT team.

"The suspect...we don't believe him to be in the area," Capers said. "He's at least 10 to 20 miles away from here."

Capers said Oropeza was known to shoot his rifle in the front yard and that they've had numerous calls to the area. The sheriff's office said he has been charged with five counts of murder.
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/mass-shooting-san-jacinto-county/285-19d59a82-adc5-4747-8f96-9ff10b2875a2

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Investigators said the shooter, 38-year-old Francisco Oropeza, was confronted by neighbors and asked to stop shooting because they had a young child who was trying to sleep. Oropeza responded by saying he would do what he wants on his property.

Capers said Oropeza escaped the area after the shooting. Several guns were recovered from his home by a SWAT team.

"The suspect...we don't believe him to be in the area," Capers said. "He's at least 10 to 20 miles away from here."

Capers said Oropeza was known to shoot his rifle in the front yard and that they've had numerous calls to the area. The sheriff's office said he has been charged with five counts of murder.
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/mass-shooting-san-jacinto-county/285-19d59a82-adc5-4747-8f96-9ff10b2875a2

Dude rides his horse around?

• Haha 1

Like how far could this guy have gotten (grammar and idgaf…)

the local articles suggest cops had been out there before bc of him firing off his weapons (neighbor complaints)…geez red flags much? Entirely preventable. So very sad. Can’t imagine living next to that asshole. Probably a nightly or at least weekend occurrence…

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: APRIL 30, 2023

Large-scale Nuclear Training Exercise to Take Place in Houston

HOUSTON -  From May 1-5, 2023, a large-scale, multi-agency nuclear incident training exercise will take place in the southeast Houston and Harris County area. The training exercise will not pose any risk to area residents; the public does not need to be alarmed by training-related activity, including the presence of military personnel and aircraft, and people in protective equipment.

The Department of Defense (DoD), the Department of Energy (DOE), the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will conduct the exercise in several areas of southeast Houston and Harris County as part of a series of regularly scheduled U.S. government biannual exercises. Similar trainings have been conducted in various regions across the United States since 2012.

The general areas in which the training exercise will take place include from in and around NRG Park and SH 288 to SH 146 and I-10 east to Highway 225 and in and around Ellington Field.

Several local and state law enforcement, fire, emergency management, and public health agencies will also be participating in the training, including the Harris County Sheriff’s Office and the Houston Police Department.

Exercise participants will conduct operations in personal protective equipment to simulate realistic conditions. It will also include aircraft from federal and local law enforcement agencies.

The exercise is an opportunity for participating entities to practice and enhance operational readiness to respond in the event of a nuclear incident in the United States or overseas.

Due to the sensitive nature of the capabilities being implemented, neither the media nor the public is allowed to observe the training exercise.

Again, the training exercise will not pose any risk or interference to the public.

About: The City of Houston Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is the chief coordinating agency for disaster response in the nation's fourth-largest City; OEM provides emergency response coordination and communication assistance to City agencies, and serves as liaison to regional, state and federal agencies during times of emergency. In addition, OEM engages with the local community to promote emergency preparedness through a variety of initiatives. More information can be found at houstonoem.org.

5320 North Shepherd Drive
Houston, Texas 77091
houstonoem.org

Brent Taylor
Chief Communications Officer
brent.taylor@houstontx.gov
o: 713.884.4558
m: 713.882.5090

On 4/29/2023 at 8:10 AM, Nicole44 said:

So the fact that he owned horses and was called a "Mexican National," I assumed he was legal.  Apparently not. 

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Looks like the authorities “think” the shooter of those five people (including 8 year old child) is in Montgomery county somewhere and are locking down a few schools per KHOU…

hope they catch his ass. Such a tragic story. 

Hopefully they catch him today, incident free 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Fucking lawyers will say the most unbelievable bullshit 

That one is a piece of work for sure.  He once put me out with a sleeper hold at a wedding in mexico.

Edited by huge

• 4 weeks later...

Houston metro what the fuck is wrong with you. Driving home from Rockport and as we approach Richmond, traffic slows down. I can see flashing lights up ahead on the left hand shoulder. I assume it’s a wreck or stalled vehicle so I move from the left lane to the next. We creep along and I see two cop cars but still no wrecked vehicle. Maybe it had been cleared already. Nope, some crazy looking motherfucker pushing a grocery cart with TWO TODDLERS in the cart. He is arguing with the cops. My wife and I (with our two kids not much older than them in the backseat) were major WTF. First, how did he get to the left shoulder? And I suppose his plan was to cross back over through traffic again with two kids in the cart? People are generally going 75-90 mph through there. Hey crazy shithead, play frogger on one player. I hope he was arrested for child endangerment.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Houston metro what the fuck is wrong with you. Driving home from Rockport and as we approach Richmond, traffic slows down. I can see flashing lights up ahead on the left hand shoulder. I assume it’s a wreck or stalled vehicle so I move from the left lane to the next. We creep along and I see two cop cars but still no wrecked vehicle. Maybe it had been cleared already. Nope, some crazy looking motherfucker pushing a grocery cart with TWO TODDLERS in the cart. He is arguing with the cops. My wife and I (with our two kids not much older than them in the backseat) were major WTF. First, how did he get to the left shoulder? And I suppose his plan was to cross back over through traffic again with two kids in the cart? People are generally going 75-90 mph through there. Hey crazy shithead, play frogger on one player. I hope he was arrested for child endangerment.

Sir, this isn’t the “Richmond is full of trash” thread. 

• Like 2

GD grocery cart thieves. Those people have 0 shame.
  • Haha 1