Xavier Worthy needs to ask Quinn Ewers to Pluckers

StassneyHorn

1 hour ago, cochamps said:

I will take "trying to catch the ball".

Much of last season felt like crazy pills time. He'd be open, and the ball would land a foot to his left or his right. Zero attempt to adjust to the ball while it was in the air. Zero attempt to even extend his arms. Fans yell at Ewers. 

(Ewers of course legit missed him plenty too, that's not what I'm saying)

• Hook 'Em 2

A repeat of last season's performance by either of them will negatively affect Worthy's draft status, and likely of other players as well. Besides Worthy's own efforts, his position coach, offensive coordinator, and head coach need to respond to poor play by benching him asap. Leaving either Ewers, Worthy, or anyone else on the field when they can't throw accurately or catch anything that doesn't land in their hands is not going to change

"Wulll... but Worthy had a broke hand, and Ewers got squarshed flat back against Bama, and Sark didn't want to make them feel bad."

Maybe trying a different tactic than throwing the deep ball every third pass, to a receiver with a brioken hand would bear fruit?

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Nivek said:

He is going to kick ass this year.   

This. I hope all the whiny titty babies in this thread have to eat their words this season. It’s like no other player ever had a sophomore slump. You’d think we had to invent that phrase for Worthy.

41 minutes ago, hornian said:

This. I hope all the whiny titty babies in this thread have to eat their words this season. It’s like no other player ever had a sophomore slump. You’d think we had to invent that phrase for Worthy.

If he plays with the same effort as he did his freshmen year with a stronger body as pictured above then the sky is the limit. Sophomore slump is a weak excuse.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 9:04 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

If he plays with the same effort as he did his freshmen year with a stronger body as pictured above then the sky is the limit. Sophomore slump is a weak excuse.

How do you know his body is stronger in the above picture? Show your apples to apples comparison with measurables.

Also I believe most of the OL from the 2005 team was gone for his 2nd year.

Will Allen and Jon Scott were gone after the ‘05 season. Blalock, Sendlein and Studdard left after ‘06.

Colts 2nd season as QB had none of the starters from the championship team.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...