TCU vs Kansas State - Big 12 Championship Game Thread

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Still shaking my head with that coaching....Duggan carried the team in the 4Q. You think he's going to be denied two times for 18 inches?  

Keep the ball in his hands. Sheer idiocy. 

Imagine having to explain to someone that your team lost the game and admit that when it came down to it, you had Duggan hand it off to someone else. That’s a game where you keep the ball in the hands of your star player. Then if you lose, you can live with that. You owe the guy a chance, especially the way he’d been playing.

It really was one of the most mind-bogglingly stupid decisions I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Their selection of Cincinnati last year was based on what? Ratings, money, and advertising?

The fact that they were undefeated conference champions and didn’t leave the committee the chance to weasel out of it like TCU just did

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Is there a win big enough over 8-4 Purdue to push Michigan ahead of Georgia (assuming Georgia wins)?

Doesn't seem likely.

No. Not when you compare their non-conference schedule to UGA’s. I’m not even sure who was the tougher opponent, Colorado State or UConn, but UGA played Oregon and blew them away. Plus Purdue isn’t that good. They only got into the CCG because Iowa lost to Nebraska. Michigan could win 70-0 and I don’t think that would change anything. 

BWAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU TCU AND FUCK THE  BIG XII!
You assholes sent your most corrupt officials to try to guarantee that playoff spot but what you didn't realize was what these guys lack in integrity is more than made up for in their incompetence. 
I hope TCU finishes at #5 over anyone just out of spite. 

Tcu is still in.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Upon further reflection, the ineptitude of the Big 12 is absolutely staggering. It’s clear they were trying to dictate the outcome, but they weren’t even able to do that correctly. At the very least, it cost the conference the exposure of Duggan winning a Heisman. And TCU will probably have to play UGA in Atlanta. LOL

Edited by ATXhorn17

11 minutes ago, Jebus said:

The fact that they were undefeated conference champions and didn’t leave the committee the chance to weasel out of it like TCU just did

So...their record. Not money, ratings, and advertising. TCU is in.

Besides, how much interest nationally would there really be in watching a 2-loss Bama play Georgia? I wouldn’t watch that game. Would you? Hell, Bama’s D isn’t what it usually is and everyone around here tells me their OC is a disaster. 

Yea I don’t think so. They’ve largely looked meh and that 4th quarter comeback shit isn’t going to play against these teams.

Not that I really give a shit about this conference, but they're going to embarrass this conference. Lesson learned committee. Only put a helmet team in.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm just over here thinking how screwed Michigan is having to play Ohio State again. Just total BS that they dominated Ohio State on the road and now turn around and probably play them again. Georgia isn't doing anything to lose the #1 ranking. 

Edited by mdmost

6 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Duggan crying hard in the post game press conference 

431810EA-D437-4436-AFFA-5653AB0FB002.jpeg

I don't get this type of hate. Yea fuck TCU I agree with , but here is a guy that gave it his all after being the back up at that start of the season. Fucking guy left it all on the field and pushed himself to the limit. Like I said, fuck TCU , but this guy is a brawler and has heart 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I said it on the old board. In a conference where every team plays everyone, a championship game can only hurt the conference's chance at making the playoff. No CCG and TCU is in the playoff. I mean for fucks sake it was only a few years ago that Penn State made it to the CCG and won only to lose a playoff spot to a divisional runner up. Don't give me this bullshit herp derp about them losing to Pitt and Michigan. That only confirms the CCG was meaningless. Okay committee you now have permission to consider Ohio State and Alabama in the playoff. Get on your knees and start sucking ya turd burglars. 

5 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

I don't get this type of hate. Yea fuck TCU I agree with , but here is a guy that gave it his all after being the back up at that start of the season. Fucking guy left it all on the field and pushed himself to the limit. Like I said, fuck TCU , but this guy is a brawler and has heart 

a. brawler

b. bawler

c. baller

d. cockroach

e. all of the above