the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

25 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, he's never getting to 217.

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He ain’t gonna be Speaker

I heard the same thing about Trump winning the presidency every step of the way, from Iowa to election day. We know what happened then. This country's politics are totally fucked up and anything is possible. 

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

If these fucks are too scared to vote for him behind closed doors, why does he think the result would be different and they would change their votes when they are publicly on the record on the House floor? What am I not understaning here. 

24 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

The repeated updates of this clown show is a very welcome respite from the Israel thread.  

This is me being self-aware. 

20 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

this may scare the gop from ever wanting to be in the majority again.

Honestly it's their best position. Allow the Democrats to do the hard work of running the country and they can just sit back and bitch publicly about things that trigger the religious right idiots while holding their palms out to them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

So Mike Johnson is my Congressman.  He came to office in 2016 and wasn’t all in right away with Trumpism but he came around when Fox News started giving him more air time.  

Mike’s district here is solid red. 

Ironically, thanks to the Warren amendment, the military base in his district was recently renamed Fort Johnson after a WWI hero with the nickname Black Death. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Black Deat

Certified bad ass

While under intense enemy fire and despite receiving significant wounds, Johnson mounted a brave retaliation resulting in several enemy casualties. When his fellow Soldier was badly wounded, Johnson prevented him from being taken prisoner by German forces.

Johnson exposed himself to grave danger by advancing from his position to engage an enemy soldier in hand-to-hand combat. Wielding only a knife and being seriously wounded, Johnson continued fighting, took his Bolo knife and stabbed it through an enemy soldier's head.

Displaying great courage, Johnson held back the enemy force until they retreated. The enemy raid's failure to secure prisoners was due to the bravery and resistance of Johnson and his fellow comrade. The effect of their fierce fighting resulted in the increased vigilance and confidence of the 369th Infantry Regiment

https://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/johnson/

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Americans are simply too stupid self governance, can we apply to be a British colony maybe bring back the monarchy?

Well, part of me is surprised NIgel Farage hasn't been nominated for speaker, so there's that.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

I have good ole Trump cocksucker Troy Nehls. Texas gerrymandered his district.

I’m not in that district but supported and donated to Kulkarni and I was convinced he could win.  Very disappointed with that loss.  

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Well, part of me is surprised NIgel Farage hasn't been nominated for speaker, so there's that.  

Always cracked me up that a dude with a funny Luxembourg last name stood up on his hind legs and started deciding how to keep Britain pure. Luxembourg. That's one step from being a Fat Belgian Bastard.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

this may scare the gop from ever wanting to be in the majority again.

I think even they understand they suck at governing. They’re much better at tearing shit up. They’re lost when it comes to building anything of substance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1