Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Apparently all Asians look alike to @Incredulity

Good catch.  At first I thought, "Dude, that was Japan.  A totally different country and ethnicity and nationality."  

But then I pictured him being proud that he delineated "SOUTH Korea" instead of just "Korea" upon edit.  Like he wanted everybody to know that he knew  no way Pres. Bush would vomit, let alone eat a meal, in North Korea.  

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Good catch.  At first I thought, "Dude, that was Japan.  A totally different country and ethnicity and nationality."  

But then I pictured him being proud that he delineated "SOUTH Korea" instead of just "Korea" upon edit.  Like he wanted everybody to know that he knew  no way Pres. Bush would vomit, let alone eat a meal, in North Korea.  

Well duh, like any American President would be ignorant enough to give legitimacy to Lil Kim by visiting North Korea.  

Spoiler

Trump faces backlash after saluting North Korean general - POLITICO

The look on Kim's face as Trump salutes a NK General is priceless...like "what the fuck is this idiot doing?"

I still forget about that photograph from time to time.  It's arguably the crispest salute Trump ever gave while in office.  But it wasn't to any Marine NCO at the White House, or at West Point, or anything else in our 6 branches.  But rather to a tiny-handed 4-star in the North Korean Army.  

The guy in the way back is grinning ear-to-ear like, "There's no fucking way this is happening", Kim Jong-Un, as stated above, is almost in utter disbelief, the general is frozen in timid shock..  And the guy in the blue tie and eyeglasses is thinking, "I don't know how, but I'm probably getting shot for this."  

You see kids?  This is how you gain respect around the world.  Even a 5-star/Field Marshal would ever let a Commander-in-Chief salute first.  Ever.  Trump was briefed by State as he walked in saying, "It's customary with other general officers to just shake hands.  The general will likely extend his hand first and it will be up to you as CiC to release the handshake when you feel appropriate, Mr. President."  To which Trump no doubt replied, "Look, I know what I'm doing.  I know salutes.  I have the best salutes."  

But I never really appreciated the guy with his mouth agape like a kid at Christmas, "Oh goodie, this is too much fun."  

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

But I never really appreciated the guy with his mouth agape like a kid at Christmas, "Oh goodie, this is too much fun."  

He was thinking to himself, "There's no way in hell 74.2 million Americans will vote to re-elect this clown."

Edited by South Austin
derp

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

He was thinking to himself, "There's no way in hell $74.2 million Americans will vote to re-elect this clown."

I imagine the multi-millionaire crowd is fairly evenly split in their support for dotard, probably even leaning his direction because of taxes.  The hollywood crowd probably evens it out a bit.

Democrats didn’t want Obama to run or think he would win in 2012, in terms of 2011 polling. 

They’re not gonna sit out or vote Republican bc Biden is the nominee again. I promise you that. Trumpism has forced their hand

Media still in shambles bc the lack of a chaos presidency doesn’t drive engagement 

• Hook 'Em 5

I'm not concerned with the polling numbers. What does concern me is the propoganda and it's reach/spread, even among democrats about this guy's job as opposed to the actual results. His results are astounding. And we focus on his age solely, and then re-spread the narrative "Well, EVERYONE is concerned about his age!" I mean, that shit terrifies me, just like the data someone posted a few weeks back some that 20% of Gen Z and younger believe the earch is flat and we didn't land on the moon. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Agreed. He's done more than any president in my lifetime. I don't get the disconnect, but for whatever reason it's there. I think people just hate inflation that much and want to blame one person.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not concerned with the polling numbers. What does concern me is the propoganda and it's reach/spread, even among democrats about this guy's job as opposed to the actual results. His results are astounding. And we focus on his age solely, and then re-spread the narrative "Well, EVERYONE is concerned about his age!" I mean, that shit terrifies me, just like the data someone posted a few weeks back some that 20% of Gen Z and younger believe the earch is flat and we didn't land on the moon. 

One side has been in 100% campaign mode since January 22, 2021 and the other side has been actually doing work and getting results. 

One thing to remember - Biden's "approval" =/= his vote share.  Soft Dems/liberals, independents and young voters don't like Biden that much, but they're not going to suddenly wake up in November 2024 and be like "wow, I should vote for the GOP! Abortion is bad, gay marriage is bad, book burning is good, fascism is awesome!" 

They all seemingly want someone else to run - but they can't tell you who this perfect mythical creature is that would primary a sitting president who has done nothing bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Agreed. He's done more than any president in my lifetime. I don't get the disconnect, but for whatever reason it's there. I think people just hate inflation that much and want to blame one person.

Our inflation is literally the best, BY A LOT, of the fucking countries we measure ourselves against. BEST IN CLASS. And it ALL happened under his watch. 

7 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Our inflation is literally the best, BY A LOT, of the fucking countries we measure ourselves against. BEST IN CLASS. And it ALL happened under his watch. 

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

One side has been in 100% campaign mode since January 22, 2021 and the other side has been actually doing work and getting results. 

One thing to remember - Biden's "approval" =/= his vote share.  Soft Dems/liberals, independents and young voters don't like Biden that much, but they're not going to suddenly wake up in November 2024 and be like "wow, I should vote for the GOP! Abortion is bad, gay marriage is bad, book burning is good, fascism is awesome!" 

They all seemingly want someone else to run - but they can't tell you who this perfect mythical creature is that would primary a sitting president who has done nothing bad. 

I get all of that. But at the same time, the fact that in the information age the general truth that this motherfucker is doing a good job isn't reaching more people is not just concerning it's terrifying. Even among his own fucking party constituents. 

• Rage+1 1

58 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The propaganda machine is firing on all cylinders. Donald is three years younger, but nobody gives a shit

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

The problem with your logic is that total votes don't win Presidential elections.  A relatively small number of votes in the right states does.

Biden won the popular vote by over 7M, but he won the Presidency by less than 43,000 votes in Arizona (10,457), Georgia (11,779), and Wisconsin (20,682).  That's 0.6% of the 7M delta deciding the fate of the nation.

What's worse is those states went to Trump by a total of 325,123 in 2016.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

One more time for those in back!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

The problem with your logic is that total votes don't win Presidential elections.  A relatively small number of votes in the right states does.

Biden won the popular vote by over 7M, but he won the Presidency by less than 43,000 votes in Arizona (10,457), Georgia (11,779), and Wisconsin (20,682).  That's 0.6% of the 7M delta deciding the fate of the nation.

What's worse is those states went to Trump by a total of 325,123 in 2016.

Do you think the GOP is doing anything to win those states back?

RICO charges in Georgia 

State party implosions in Michigan and Arizona

Wisconsin GOP trying to impeach a Justice who won convincingly bc “reasons”

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills - what the hell has gotten into you people and your September 2023 freak out?

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills - what the hell has gotten into you people and your September 2023 freak out?

those lower on the intelligence spectrum are likely just now coming to the realization their party is fucked for the foreseeable future - likely past their lifetime. 

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

those lower on the intelligence spectrum are likely just now coming to the realization their party is fucked for the foreseeable future - likely past their lifetime. 

55 minutes ago, Js1 said:

RICO charges in Georgia 

State party implosions in Michigan and Arizona

Wisconsin GOP trying to impeach a Justice who won convincingly bc “reasons”

Watching literal fascism take root and organizing to take over our free country while we are relatively powerless to stop it makes people nervous. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Watching literal fascism take root and organizing to take over our free country while we are relatively powerless to stop it makes people nervous. 

This right here.

57 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Is this a joke?  Of course they are.  And have you ever been to Georgia?  I haven't seen the numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me if his poll numbers, among GQP voters, have gone up in that state since the RICO charges.  

I'm not saying he will win back the Presidency, but acting like it's going to be a cake walk for Biden is just not realistic.  I think you are severely underestimating the power of propaganda. The Saudis are already working against Biden, imagine what it will be like when Russia and China get their bot armies cranked up to full speed.  Saying nothing about Fox, Musk, and Tucker.

I consider myself an independent (although I haven't voted R since Bush's first term...my bad), and I'm sick and tired of the meek ass Democrats.  They need to go on the offensive (Like Fetterman) and call these clowns out instead of acting like the general populace is an educated, well reasoned lot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

He is a profoundly decent man: a man of faith, a man of compassion; a man who is willing to listen to different viewpoints, capable of evolving, and able to admit his mistakes. He is a man who loves deeply, mourns greatly, and gives fully. He is a man with actual meaningful, healthy relationships with other human beings. He is a humble man who sees others as more important than himself.

In other words, he is everything his opponent is not.

He is also, not perfect.

I’m okay with that.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2020/08/20/joe-biden-is-not-the-lesser-of-two-evils/

still applies.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I'm not saying he will win back the Presidency, but acting like it's going to be a cake walk for Biden is just not realistic.  I think you are severely underestimating the power of propaganda. The Saudis are already working against Biden, imagine what it will be like when Russia and China get their bot armies cranked up to full speed.  Saying nothing about Fox, Musk, and Tucker.

It's insane. I just looked at the latest polling of Texas. I just don't get it. You have a guy who literally tried to overthrow democracy, had the most tumultuous four years of any president ever, is under indictment for major crimes, makes completely insane threats of what he is going to do... and his net approval is better than Biden. 

I'm all ears for what exactly people think Biden is getting so wrong. Immigration? Ok. Is the impact on your life from that so bad that you're open to voting for the other guy and all that you know that entails? Inflation? The entire globe has battled that, and we're doing better than anyone. Government spending? Did you not care about the $8 trillion from the previous administration?

I just don't get it. 

22 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I get all of that. But at the same time, the fact that in the information age the general truth that this motherfucker is doing a good job isn't reaching more people is not just concerning it's terrifying. Even among his own fucking party constituents. 

I think it's terrifying, but it's not just that people don't think he's doing a good job; it's the consensus among the FNC injectors that the country is going to hell in a hand basket and it's all Biden's fault! I've told co-workers and family members that I think Biden is doing just fine and they look at me like I've got a third eye coming out of my forehead.

I'm not telling them that Biden is the best POTUS of all time (like many thought about Trump), just that I think he's doing a good job given the turd burger he inherited. Nope, the low unemployment rate and inflation lower than the rest of our global peers is just a giant conspiracy to hide the truth that the economy is in shambles. No one wants to work any more! Oil would be ~$50/bbl if we would just drill ANWR! The record number of Border Patrol apprehensions show that Biden's open border policy isn't working!

I told my dad a while back that we couldn't even agree on a shared reality any longer, much less discuss policy disagreements. He just shrugged and I'm sure thinks it's me who has been indoctrinated. But I'll keep banging my head against the wall whenever possible because I don't know what else to do.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, The Royal We said:

I think it's terrifying, but it's not just that people don't think he's doing a good job; it's the consensus among the FNC injectors that the country is going to hell in a hand basket and it's all Biden's fault! I've told co-workers and family members that I think Biden is doing just fine and they look at me like I've got a third eye coming out of my forehead.

I'm not telling them that Biden is the best POTUS of all time (like many thought about Trump), just that I think he's doing a good job given the turd burger he inherited. Nope, the low unemployment rate and inflation lower than the rest of our global peers is just a giant conspiracy to hide the truth that the economy is in shambles. No one wants to work any more! Oil would be ~$50/bbl if we would just drill ANWR! The record number of Border Patrol apprehensions show that Biden's open border policy isn't working!

I told my dad a while back that we couldn't even agree on a shared reality any longer, much less discuss policy disagreements. He just shrugged and I'm sure thinks it's me who has been indoctrinated. But I'll keep banging my head against the wall whenever possible because I don't know what else to do.

It's always good to ask them to tell you what they exactly don't like that Biden is doing.  99% of the time they can't name a specific fucking thing.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

It's always good to ask them to tell you what they exactly don't like that Biden is doing.  99% of the time they can't name a specific fucking thing.  

Oh they absolutely cannot offer much back other than a torrent of buzzword bullshit bingo that they hear everyday in their echo chamber. If it's someone I'm close with (and not a client or my boss) I'll tell them, "I'm sorry, I don't speak Fox News, you're going to have to explain to me what it is you're actually talking about."

But again, the lack of any shared reality makes it really difficult to make any progress. Facts don't care about your feelings and all of that such as.

3 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Facts don't care about your feelings and all of that such as.

more like feelings don't care about facts... doesn't matter how many facts you produce, their feelings that he's doing terrible things won't change. 

i've told the story here before about my dear mother, extolling some bs about Trump or Cruz or something, i picked up my phone to literally just check out of the conversation,  check surly or something... and she immediately jumped in with 'oh don't go trying to show me facts!'

4Wmv.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

Holy shit. Are you me?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, The Royal We said:

this has to be the Biden/Harris PR team's primary focus in the next 15 or so months. they can't merely skirt on their accomplishments - they need to be blasting them far and wide. not just on social media; they gotta get on traditional media, even fox news, and make  it blatantly clear how we the country is doing, especially compared to the rest of the globe. I get real tired real quick when people still mention inflation. they have no frame of reference. and since everyone is going to blame him anyway, Biden might as well take credit for that too. it won't change a lot of true believers, but it might be enough to convince some independents (and really, who the fuck are these people??) to give Biden another term. and miss me with the age thing. Trump is only 3 years younger than Biden and because of their relative ages Biden has only lived 4% longer than Trump. And Biden can ride a bike. Trump gets winded after every pathetic golf swing.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'd love to see them make the GQP politicians condemn the neo-nazis and white supremists.  

All I hear from the right is that they are government agents or ANTIFA pretending to the nazis.

Ok, let's enter crazy-town and assume they are plants from the left.  Do you condemn their message and white supremacy in general?  Will you explicitly say that that kind of thinking has no place in American society?  If not, you are implicitly supporting it.

Call them on their shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Oh they absolutely cannot offer much back other than a torrent of buzzword bullshit bingo that they hear everyday in their echo chamber. If it's someone I'm close with (and not a client or my boss) I'll tell them, "I'm sorry, I don't speak Fox News, you're going to have to explain to me what it is you're actually talking about."

But again, the lack of any shared reality makes it really difficult to make any progress. Facts don't care about your feelings and all of that such as.

When they do that shit, or throw out the buzzword bullshit, rather than try to convince them, just ask them "well, if you honestly believe that, then there is no point in you showing up to vote any more, is there? If the Democrats are that powerful and the Deep State and George Soros and Hunter Biden's dick are that powerful, then why do you bother caring about politics since nothing you can do can counter the Deep State or Soros or Hunter's dong? Why watch Fox News telling you to be angry when they aren't doing anything about this?"

• Like 1