Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this has to be the Biden/Harris PR team's primary focus in the next 15 or so months. they can't merely skirt on their accomplishments - they need to be blasting them far and wide. not just on social media; they gotta get on traditional media, even fox news, and make  it blatantly clear how we the country is doing, especially compared to the rest of the globe. 

side-eye-pete-buttigieg.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Biden looked and sounded like he has dementia today. He simply can’t run again. His family needs to step in. He is really the only person outside of Hillary who can lose to Trump.

Biden looked and sounded like he has dementia today. He simply can’t run again. His family needs to step in. He is really the only person outside of Hillary who can lose to Trump.

It's clear that the people who are ashamed of supporting Trump are desperate to make the conversation about Joe Bidden.  They can't defend Trump so they have to tear down Bidden.   Slowly all the Trump stuff is getting replaced with newer anti-joe stuff.  The height of their political argument is "Joe and the Hoe got to go!"  It's a winner because it rhythms!

Nevermind there's a decent chance their boy is in jail come next inauguration day.  And old Joe will still be working the back channels and getting shit done, like fedding hungry kids and other horrific crimes against capitalism.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Is he repeating himself over and over again?

So when @Fastbreak woke up this Monday and had his choice for his troll behavior of the week, he went with "Biden is a senile old man incapable of speech and basic motor skills” instead of the often used "Biden is a criminal mastermind.”

Tune in next week for the next exciting chapter of is Biden smarter than a 5th grader. Ratings are gooder than before.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Is this "duplicate statement" thing a joke?

If not, post the link so we can make our own appraisal.

I’m for Biden - he has done a great job. He has done what a president should do and has brought some dignity and sanity back to the WH.

However, he is just too old. If you watch the last of his G20 press conferences, he is showing severe signs of cognitive loss. His movements and speech patterns are slow and repetitive. There is no possible way he is going to last and function for another 5 years. The QDP is going to use this against him and it opens the door for Trump.

Hillary was seriously the only candidate who could have lost to Trump in 2016 and Biden will be the only candidate Trump can beat in 2024. If you can’t see that your head is in the fucking sand.

7 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

However, he is just too old. 

He's 3 years older than Trump.  If you honestly think Biden is "too old" but Trump isn't, then I seriously question your own cognitive abilities.

There is zero chance Biden will be primaried.  So, choose your old guy.  Both could die in office.  Both could die before election day.  Here we are.  I'm ridin' with Biden, because there is no chance to rally the Democrats behind anyone else.

• Hook 'Em 2

He's 3 years older than Trump.  If you honestly think Biden is "too old" but Trump isn't, then I seriously question your own cognitive abilities.
There is zero chance Biden will be primaried.  So, choose your old guy.  Both could die in office.  Both could die before election day.  Here we are.  I'm ridin' with Biden, because there is no chance to rally the Democrats behind anyone else.

Trump is too old also, but his age doesn’t matter to the base. Have you guys not been paying attention to the cult for the last 8 years?

A loss pretty much means the end of America, the stakes are fucking high.

27 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

I’m for Biden - he has done a great job. He has done what a president should do and has brought some dignity and sanity back to the WH.

However, he is just too old. If you watch the last of his G20 press conferences, he is showing severe signs of cognitive loss. His movements and speech patterns are slow and repetitive. There is no possible way he is going to last and function for another 5 years. The QDP is going to use this against him and it opens the door for Trump.

Hillary was seriously the only candidate who could have lost to Trump in 2016 and Biden will be the only candidate Trump can beat in 2024. If you can’t see that your head is in the fucking sand.

Did you post a link?  I haven't seen it.  

5 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Trump is too old also, but his age doesn’t matter to the base. Have you guys not been paying attention to the cult for the last 8 years?

A loss pretty much means the end of America, the stakes are fucking high.

You still don’t give up an incumbency advantage in this country. It’s the single most powerful tool in an elected official’s arsenal. There’s a reason only 10 presidents have lost re-election in our entire history. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Let's have your list of candidates that can beat Trump then. If you include Kamala then I know you're full of it. The only thing scarier to white Trump voters than a white liberal woman is a black liberal woman. You forget how they reacted when a black man was elected President and won a 2nd term? 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Let's have your list of candidates that can beat Trump then. If you include Kamala then I know you're full of it. The only thing scarier to white Trump voters than a white liberal woman is a black liberal woman. You forget how they reacted when a black man was elected President and won a 2nd term? 

This. Anyone who seriously thinks that  candidates are just plug and play replacements and that anyone younger than Biden would automatically be preferable to swing voters is a complete fucking idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1

He's too old. I wish he was 55 but he's not. I can barely function on less than 6 hours of sleep and Im not the most powerful man in the world. Hell, I'm not even the most powerful person in my own house. 

However, imo it does go to show that if you're a decent person who stays off Twitter, try to help people and not go out of your way to hurt them, be above the fray, get people jobs and be secure in who you are that you can be successful and have a positive impact.

Oh yeah, you can also build coalitions, grow NATO and understand the importance of completely wrecking Russia.

I wish he were more progressive. He wasn't my first choice but he'll proudly get my vote.

Edited by Post Oak
Holy run on sentence batman. Oh well.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

November 5, 2024 is the last day his age matters. We elect a Vice President along with him. He’s already accomplished more than any President in history and we should be BEGGING him for a second term.

After thinking about it, I am admitting defeat. Biden basically has to keep it together for another 14 months. He is the only hope right now. Maybe we should go with a different VP however. Maybe Buttigieg?

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

After thinking about it, I am admitting defeat. Biden basically has to keep it together for another 14 months. He is the only hope right now. Maybe we should go with a different VP however. Maybe Buttigieg?

You don’t change backup horses midway through either. Bad look and admits dysfunction 

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You don’t change backup horses midway through either. Bad look and admits dysfunction 

You especially don’t replace a black woman with a white man who has no appeal to the party’s base. Fastbreak doesn’t even have an elementary school understanding of American politics.

You guys are adorable with your "Let's Turn out the Vote!" strategery.  2024 is wholly and specifically about the middle 25mm Trump voters from bothering to vote at all.  His 25mm psychotic base is going to the polls for him, to write his name in, or hold election workers hostage until their ballots are tallied.  The flippant 25mm is voting straight ticket with Trump or Charles Manson at the top of the ticket no matter what.  It's the 25mm in the middle that held their noses each time, you gotta get a few million of them in a few key states to just stay home.  You can run a Pete-Kamala ticket for they give a shit, just make them feel bad about having voted for Trump the shithheap, so they stay home.  That's it, that's the whole deal.  Hard to raise money around that, and it's not a sexy strategy...but keep a few million of them from participating and this is a triple-digit EC win for Biden.  

5 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Incumbent’s who have lost a 2nd term have generally had an underperforming and unpopular VP (Quayle, Pence, Mondale). But keep jerking yourselves off with your superiority …. I bet you wanted to keep Charley String because of the optics of firing a black head coach.

This is a fundamentally stupid understanding of those 3 elections.

1992 - the economy, stupid
2020 - Jackass in Chief's completely botched COVID response + 4 years of reckless chaos
1980 - the economy again, stupid + a primary challenge that severely weakened Carter (which is what you apparently are advocating for in 2024)

12 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

12 hours ago, Js1 said:

Michael Moore thinks you’re an idiot - guy who called the last 2 elections said today as much today. Trump is not winning in 2024

Trump has done nothing to win back the states that went blue under him in 2020.  Nothing, and in fact, he’s insulted a lot of groups in those states by claiming they stole the election, and he’s whined a shitload which is a really bad look for him as it works against that alpha male image bullshit his followers try to claim.  

Trump is doing the equivalent of somebody declaring they are going to win the lottery, but they aren’t even bothering to buy a ticket.  If, after the 2020 election, he had started campaigning in those battleground states and spent the last few years canvassing every county and major city in those states, I’d think he has a chance.  Instead, he’s filed lots of losing lawsuits and whined.  And all of these indictments are causing him to spend his days melting down on social media like a chickenshit instead of mounting an aggressive in-person campaign in those states he lost in 2020.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Yeah, maybe this is another thread for another time closer to the primaries/convention.  But two big shifts in VP's in the last 50 years are the position no longer really sways incumbency-based election cycles.  And the selection, first or second time around, has almost nothing to do with geography.  

Biden has done a better job than most of us thought going in, though admittedly a low bar when compared to his predecessor.  But again, it's not about Biden getting another 80-90 million votes.  It's simply about beating Trump in a half dozen states by beating down Trump's middle-third electoral base into not voting.  Call me ageist, but Biden's age is a big fucking deal.  So yes, people will be talking about his VP more this time around.  I don't give a shit if it's Harris or he changes it as a bad look or if he drops out altogether.  That middle 25mm of Trump voters, a few million of them aren't going to bother to vote because "Biden is too old!"  That's not a convincing strategy for Trump.  His base and his party is doubling down on it, so let 'em fuck up.  Just get out of the way.  3 or 4 million people across a half dozen states realize that Biden is old and liberal, but "Meh, things aren't that bad and Trump is fucking annoying these days", so they just stay home.  I know it's hard to message that and the DNC doesn't like they can't raise money around that, but that's all this is.  "Turn out the GOP base because Joe stutters sometimes!" is not a convincing strategy for the middle-Trump voter.  Not when he's just whining on TV and pleading before Judges.  Suppress the moderate Trump voter, moderate in the sense of their passion for him-not politically moderate.  The lukewarm MAGA weekend enthusiast.  Crush a few million of their spirits and this thing is a triple-digit EC win for Biden.  But knowing the DNC, they'll manage to fundraise a billion dollars and find a way to fuck this up.  

The mainstream media is going to treat Biden's age like it did Hillary's emails. They don't have anything else to latch on to. But I don't think it will matter much. Trump isn't much younger and is noticeably less healthy, and a bunch of undecided voters are old themselves and if anything will probably be turned off by the age attacks.

I'm more worried about it raining in metro areas in swing states on election day than I am about the political efficacy of the age attacks.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Some throw around words like cognitive loss and they obviously have never experienced people in their lives with cognitive loss.  And adding non-clinical descriptions like severe loss, add to the ignorant statement. "Severe" cognitive loss is unable to control your body to the point of wearing diapers 24/7 and not being able to balance at all. It would also imply that the person is now losing the ability to recognize others, make new memories, and not be able to put together thoughts. 

I haven't see any ongoing examples of Biden's cognitive loss outside of edited/sliced videos. Biden stammering is not an example of cognitive loss. He's admitted to stuttering for his entire life and that isn't considered a mental disability.

Is Biden as sharp as he was 10, 20, 30 years ago? Nope. But that is the same for EVERYONE over 50. I don't know anyone over 50 that doesn't personally admit loss of certain memory or mental acuity.

• Hook 'Em 2

He's smart and will delegate if and when necessary, I have zero doubt about that, and is good enough for me. I also saw part of that speech and don't see any real problems, especially after learning his travel itinerary, he was probably exhausted, and still held up better than many much younger people under that schedule and stress. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

my head is not in the sand.  i am a man of logic and reason.  please explain the electoral math to me, including trump's path, and above all, show your work.

and while you're doing that - remember that the reason the trumpers are going so hard after biden (and his crime family) is because they know they can't beat him.  if this impeachment nonsense goes through, it's going to be an absolute bloodbath from president down to dog-catcher.

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said he is launching an impeachment inquiry against President Joe Biden, yielding to mounting pressure from former President Donald Trump and his allies in what’s shaping up as an election-year clash between Congress and the White House.

In a statement Tuesday, McCarthy said the House investigations into the Biden family this year have uncovered a “culture of corruption” that demands deeper review.

“These are allegations of abuse of power, obstruction and corruption,” McCarthy said.

McCarthy said he will direct the chairmen of the House Judiciary, Oversight and Ways and Means committees to lead the impeachment inquiry. The panels have been working together for months on various probes related to the Biden family and have yet to directly connect the president to any of it.

https://apnews.com/article/hunter-biden-congress-oversight-republicans-impeachment-57c5b1b40d19ede4ecf7fde08c027cee

1 minute ago, MC Fresh Breath said:
2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

and while you're doing that - remember that the reason the trumpers are going so hard after biden (and his crime family) is because they know they can't beat him.  if this impeachment nonsense goes through, it's going to be an absolute bloodbath from president down to dog-catcher.

This is the clearest sign that the internal polling that the Republicans have shows that Trump can't beat Biden, and that the Dems are possibly going to regain the House. This is a last-ditch effort.

The fact that the Republicans and Trump are not even trying very hard in the battleground states speaks volumes.

Here's hoping we get Hunter's dong pics added into the Congressional Record.

• Like 1

Consider another possibility.  Trump can't win in 2024 against even the most hobbled version of Biden.  They know Biden won't be removed from office, even if by some miracle they corral enough House votes for impeachment...it dies in the Trial by Senate. 

Biden wins in 2024, but Republicans by throwing red meat to a few key districts in the House, maintain their slim margin.  And like it or not Democrats on this forum, Class I favors the GOP this time around.  Not by much, but probably something like a 52-48/51-49 margin.  The idea is to let Trump burn himself down, keep the House and simple geographic chronography to take the Senate.  A year into Biden's second term, take out Joe's legs with an Impeachment and Senatorial Conviction.  Hobble the Democrats for 3 years while the Republican Party refashions itself as Donald Trump likely fades into a prison cell, a grave, or a long term care facility.  

It's a longshot, but it's about their only shot left.  Really bad news is a lotta people are gonna die along the way.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, pubs could ruin an orgy. just ask madison cawthorn. they are so bad at this. it's not just gonna backfire, it'll backfire spectacularly.

McCarthy didn’t even put an inquiry for a vote because he doesn’t have 218 for that. He just rolled the various committee inquiries into a full House impeachment inquiry 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Still no chance of a big enough majority for them to convict. Need 67. 

Yeah, to remove from office.  But a 51-49 "conviction" by a GOP held Senate is enough to stall everything, and I mean every single fucking initiative of a Biden 2nd term.  It warms and soothes the MAGA wing of the party who is distraught over Trump's loss again.  It opens up all kinds of new, more legit fundraising opportunities.  And most importantly, it allows the Chamber of Commerce wing of the party to rebuild itself from the inside-out while all legislation is stalled out.  You and I may not like it, but the imagery will be very powerful.  It's a photograph of Biden staring out the window of the Oval and a voiceover saying, "He may still be in office, but the Republican House and Senate kept this dangerous, senile man from further ruining America.  He'll wait out his term while we rebuild our agenda...and our country.  In 2028, you can count on.....(insert name here of the actual christo-facist authoritarian coming for us all)."  A hobbled Biden, both chambers, and SCOTUS while pretending to be sad that Trump is outta the picture finally.  That's a potent mix we can't ignore.  This first impeachment is purely performative and is 40% intended to fuck over Trump more than Biden.  

Y'all keep overlooking the number one driver for voters today. You don't vote for someone. You vote against someone. Women are pissed off. Look at what is happening in Wisconsin. They just elected a progressive woman to their Supremes and the Rs are so livid that they want to impeach her. That's going to go over like a fart in church. The burbs are trending away from the Rs in those swing states. 

Look, even Bern is behind Joe pushing the wagon. Michael Moore too now?

Yeah, I like my chances with Joe.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4