Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

“The August jobs report couldn’t be much better. Job growth is solid but slowing. Unemployment rose, but for that right reason — more labor supply as participation jumped. Wage growth continues to moderate and hours worked rose. The report has soft landing written all over it.” 

Happy Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

But but the economy is bad and we are in a recession!
There was a poll that showed like 75% of Republicans say their financial situation is good or excellent but only like 25% or so think the economy is doing well 

The reason only 25% feel that way is because OTHER people are also doing well. Republicans only think things are going well if other people are suffering. They need to see 1) themselves rolling in money, and 2) their neighbors falling into poverty. That’s how you can tell the economy is working!
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I'd like to see that same chart that excludes 2020 and 2021 for Trump Biden. I strongly suspect that it doesn't change the overall picture but regardless of president, there was going to be a large job loss in 2020 followed by catch-up / recovery in 2021-2022. Any chart for almost anything (social, economic, whatever) that includes Covid-19 era should either throw out that data or specifically look at the impact of the era. This does neither.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I'd like to see that same chart that excludes 2020 and 2021 for Trump Biden. I strongly suspect that it doesn't change the overall picture but regardless of president, there was going to be a large job loss in 2020 followed by catch-up / recovery in 2021-2022. Any chart for almost anything (social, economic, whatever) that includes Covid-19 era should either throw out that data or specifically look at the impact of the era. This does neither.

I think with the 08 job losses under Bush and later gains under Obama, probably looks about the same.

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

trump shows a negative net of 3 million, had been up nearly 7 million.  what's astounding to me is that there was net 0 jobs created by the time W was reelected - 132,698 jan 2001 to 132,633 dec 2004.  and he left office at 134,069 after we let aggy rewrite the banking laws to help crash the economy. 

the slope seems about the same from obama trough in feb of 2010 to trump peak in feb of 2020 (~187,360 jobs per month overall, 176,380 for trump). 

if we're going to start counterfactuals there were 312,070 jobs lost per month from the inauguration to obama's trough during the great recession, which lead to obama's first term having only net 2.2 million jobs gained. 

Edited by elfenix

You ever notice you never see Trump take his hat off?  He's usually sans hat, except on the golf course.  Which makes sense.  It's the only "outdoorsy" thing he does.  And he'll toss new MAGA hats to folks from a bag.  And every once in awhile you'll see him put a cap on his head.  But you never see him take it off, even to wipe his brow or whatever during a hot round.  Kinda weird.  

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

You ever notice you never see Trump take his hat off?  He's usually sans hat, except on the golf course.  Which makes sense.  It's the only "outdoorsy" thing he does.  And he'll toss new MAGA hats to folks from a bag.  And every once in awhile you'll see him put a cap on his head.  But you never see him take it off, even to wipe his brow or whatever during a hot round.  Kinda weird.  

Bc it’s bobby pinned to that dead cat on his head 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Dude wears a maga hat at every outdoor rally regardless of need. He’s got shit thin hair and is always trying to cover it when he can. 

58 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

What do you think happened here?

Potty break is my guess. 

Come on guys, you know that if it was 3 years ago and Trump was acting erratic in the same way, partisans would be all over it. I mean there were lots of serious people that got worked up about feeding goldfish ffs. We have some really old people in our federal government doing old people things. Not too dissimilar from my FIL or my own dad, but you just chalk that shit up to old guy getting old and doing old guy shit. If Biden gets re-elected 2026 gonna be lit. 

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Potty break is my guess. 

Come on guys, you know that if it was 3 years ago and Trump was acting erratic in the same way, partisans would be all over it. I mean there were lots of serious people that got worked up about feeding goldfish ffs. We have some really old people in our federal government doing old people things. Not too dissimilar from my FIL or my own dad, but you just chalk that shit up to old guy getting old and doing old guy shit. If Biden gets re-elected 2026 gonna be lit. 

You’d be wrong. He wasn’t acting erratic. But don’t let it stop you from both siding 

Edited by hobbes2702

That was pretty strange, TBH.  It caught that camera pool off guard because they were probably told they could expect photos in front of the framed flag and yadayada.  But Biden did make a weird beeline.  On the other hand, many of the senior officers in the front area weren't thrown off by it nor was his detail.  But yeah, it was strange.  But fuck, I've been watching Presidents do goofy shit in public since Reagan.  If we have to choose somebody over 75, I guess put me down for the one not passing state secrets and threatening witnesses.  But that's just me.  Joe, god bless him, better nail his VP selection for 2024 better than Trump's mushroom dick almost nailed Stormy Daniels with a shoehorn and the lack of a whiskey dick excuse.

15 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

That was pretty strange, TBH.  It caught that camera pool off guard because they were probably told they could expect photos in front of the framed flag and yadayada.  But Biden did make a weird beeline.  On the other hand, many of the senior officers in the front area weren't thrown off by it nor was his detail.  But yeah, it was strange.  But fuck, I've been watching Presidents do goofy shit in public since Reagan.  If we have to choose somebody over 75, I guess put me down for the one not passing state secrets and threatening witnesses.  But that's just me.  Joe, god bless him, better nail his VP selection for 2024 better than Trump's mushroom dick almost nailed Stormy Daniels with a shoehorn and the lack of a whiskey dick excuse.

He’s not changing horses. It’s Harris yet again

And that's fine with me.  Will give Trump something to whine on and on about to fill airtime.  It'll do nothing to draw in new voters to his side.  Keeping a few million of his middle 25mm is the whole key to burying this maniac.  So have him focus on meaningless shit is a good thing.  I'm sure he's been up sniffing glue trying to come up with clever nicknames for her again this cycle.

7 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Let’s see how long you can keep that going. 

Fortunately for 'ol Joe, he's not subject to the for-profit healthcare system so he'll probably actually get physical therapy and anything else he needs to maintain his health without forking over his family's entire savings or constantly getting his appointments rescheduled with no recourse. I can see why you're so upset about it on principle alone