Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

2 minutes ago, Constant said:

Craig Miller just dropped an odd nugget: the teams the Rangers defeated on the way to the Championship spell out ROAD. The Rangers were undefeated on the road. 

(R)ays

(O)rioles

(A)stros

(D)iamondbacks

Ha. I like the hidden coincidences people dig up.

Also I heard Bochy's secretary was named Lovullo and Lovullo's was named Bochy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Best part is you have no idea what I mean by tyne. He just did 5 weeks, got out in time to see our shit. 

I wondered what happened to him. Was picturing him somewhere in a Cruz jersey in rural Nebraska lighting things on fire. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Nadel said we weren’t dreaming, but I damn sure had to check when I woke up this morning. It really happened.

2 hours ago, Constant said:

Woke up hoping it wasn’t a dream and it wasn’t! What a night. Still can’t believe it. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Has anyone posted recently that the goddamn mother fucking Texas Rangers are World Champs?! 

What the fuck happened here? 

It's like I am in the morning after a long night of having too much fun.

What happened? Did that really happen?

I have some memories, but there's a gap or gaps in there.

Nope, it is all real. 

• Like 1

Best part is you have no idea what I mean by tyne. He just did 5 weeks, got out in time to see our shit. 

Wait, what happened to Tyne?

And what a fucking unbelievable thing to wake up to. I stayed up as late as I could watching post game reactions. I haven’t been active on the Rangers thread in a long time. I miss the old Rangers threads we had 13 years ago (really? It’s been that long) on Shaggy. The threads were so long they had to be divided into two parts so it didn’t break the server.

I’m so goddamn happy to have the ptsd of 2011 erased. It will never go away completely, but this makes it just a memory.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

I'm not gonna calm down, and I'm probably not gonna sober up for at least another 48 hours.

cc09e60b8fff54432d04cf494d974465.jpg

Nate fuckin Eovaldi. I think at one point last night he was 1 for 11 on first pitch strike/batters faced. SRV would have been proud because that motherfucker walked the tightrope. Dude eats concertina wire and pisses napalm.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

peter millar has some Rangers WS Champions stuff if you are inclined for more stuff to wear while yachting. 

Texas Live looked insane and fun as hell last night.  We strolled through there before Game2  and it was packed 4 hours before first pitch.

John Smoltz trending on X last night was tremendous.  Seeing all the memes and hot takes on his disdain for the Rangers was awesome.

If you did not catch Raymond on with the Musers this morning, he had a badass interaction with Boch after the game.  As the players were moving into the locker room for champagne fun, Raymond caught up with Boch and he said "finally got you that fucking ring, boy" (badly paraphrasing) 

• Hook 'Em 1

While we're giving props to people, I want to give some to Tom Vandergriff for getting the Washington Senators to move to halfway between Dallas and Fort Worth at a time when it didn't make a lot of sense to do so. Also want to give massive props to Death Ray Davis for putting his money where his mouth is. He was tired of losing and he invested in the team in a way no other has. He brought in CY who brought in Bochy. His investment paid off.  

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

Eovaldi was a menace last night.

Absolutely. Didn't have his best stuff and got in trouble seemingly every inning. But that mf battled and battled and never let a run cross the plate, much less give up a big inning to bury us early. He kept giving us 0's. Offense finally woke up in the last third of the game. Just like a defense keeping an offense at bay all game while giving the offense time to just put one drive together for the win.

35 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Haven’t been this excited to pick up the Dallas Morning News in a long time. Add it to the collection. The last titles my teams have won. 

IMG_1514.thumb.jpeg.084acded66d048110abf3e7df990230c.jpeg

Bad ass! Where can one pick up a DMN paper around town? I am so out the loop on newspapers. Even my parents got rid of their subscription. Would love one of these.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Bad ass! Where can one pick up a DMN paper around town? I am so out the loop on newspapers. Even my parents got rid of their subscription. Would love one of these.

I got mine at Tom Thumb.  Grocery stores will have tons of them.  There's 3 different versions.  I'm a sucker and bought all 3.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I saw DMN site indicated they would have pop ups around town next week.  Also looks like the DMN is doing some kind of a book.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

Have those bourbons man. 

I'm a Spurs fan, too, but didn't appreciate them until the '14 title.

This is the 3rd title I've appreciated during my life. '05 Texas, '14 Spurs, '23 Rangers.

Once every 9 years I guess. Not quite. I was born in '95. 

I count myself really fucking lucky to experience those 3. 

Once a decade feels like reason enough for me to show up absolutely shitty to work tomorrow. They'll understand. 

I grew up in SA so the Spurs have always been my first love. The feeling of that first title in '99 will never be matched. Last night was pretty fucking close to that feeling, though.

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Houston's hockey team hasn't won anything either.. 

...oh wait. 

The Aeros won a couple WHL titles 70's! Got to see Gordie Howe play with a couple of his kids as little tyke in Houston.

25 minutes ago, Hate said:

Wait, what happened to Tyne?

And what a fucking unbelievable thing to wake up to. I stayed up as late as I could watching post game reactions. I haven’t been active on the Rangers thread in a long time. I miss the old Rangers threads we had 13 years ago (really? It’s been that long) on Shaggy. The threads were so long they had to be divided into two parts so it didn’t break the server.

I’m so goddamn happy to have the ptsd of 2011 erased. It will never go away completely, but this makes it just a memory.

Half of my post count on hornfans was me and Longhorn_Al basically doing PBP on Rangers game threads in the early '00's. I wonder whatever happened to that guy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

Link?  That's bad ass.

Here's all of Johnnie-O's Texas Rangers stuff: https://www.johnnie-o.com/collections/texas-rangers

This is the one I got: https://www.johnnie-o.com/collections/texas-rangers/products/jmko3628tr_freeborne_texasrangers_ws23?variant=42859997561007

I love the blue puffer vest but I have so many vests already (yes, I'm one of those "vest guys").

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

Thanks! Never bought any of their stuff.  Do you find it runs true to size?

Yes, I'd say so. It's fairly typical "golf" apparel sizing. They don't run huge like Foot Joy. They don't run snug like Travis Mathew or even Greyson. I usually order L from Johnnie-O and Peter Millar.