2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Bringing Framber back on regular rest was a no brainer. Not sure I’d rather try to throw JV against KC and really try to lean into getting that game while we can, plus hasn’t he been ass against Seattle the last 2 years?  

At any rate- really nice to see good Javier back. I guess it’s good that we get 2 more JV starts and maybe 3 more Framber starts (if we need them) in our last 5 games. 

hopefully we win out next 6 and clinch the division in doing so. That would be nice to pop bottles in Seattle Wednesday night before the off day and then have Thursday to sleep off s hangover on an off day. 

if the Arizona series matters it will be interesting to see if they go Brown or France Friday.   

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

javier has my blessing to be sp3 in the playoffs if he's rested and limited to 4-5 innings.  hb/france/urquidy would need to piggy back for 2-3 innings, because i'm not dave roberts and fuck having 5 rp come in to get you 5 innings.

Urquidy should have no shot at the playoff roster, considering how bad he's been since coming back from the IL. Just shut him down already, he's likely not fully healthy.

Let's hope that non-tipping Pressly can regain his form, Baltimore looked more confused today than they did on Monday.

Edited by HtownHorn

Turned the game back on just in time to see Dubon win it. Walk offs are great but you have to go through so much hell to get there. Glad I missed it. 

Watching San Diego and Colo on MLB. I really wish there were some way to get Hader back on the Astros but unless Crane goes full Cohen there’s no way with everyone we have to pay. Sure would like another late arm next year.