45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

Gee, that's a shame #5128:

Eastman was arguing this while admitting that violence might result.  He also admitted that his election grab legal theory - via-Pence refusing to complete the electoral count (and waiting until states sent in new sets of Trump electors) would lose 9-0 if it went to SCOTUS. 
He also asked Rudy to tell Trump he wanted to be on the pardon list.  Which you bring up if you’ve done nothing wrong.
He’s gonna get J6 indicted. 
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just finished a 4 page catch-up. At least the last 2 didn’t include Hermanator blowing his Eric cartman explosive diarrhea all over the fucking thread with his pathetic both-sides bull shit. Jesus that was a beating. Maybe at least he had some sense of shame and retreated. I doubt it. But maybe. 

A close second was Snacks posting a multi-quote Ukraine war thread reply not only in the wrong thread, but the wrong fucking board. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Just finished a 4 page catch-up. At least the lady 2 didn’t include Hermanator blowing his Eric cart man explosive diarrhea all over the fucking thread with his pathetic both-sides bull shit. Jesus that was a beating. Maybe at least he had some sense of shame and retreated. I doubt it. But maybe. 

A close second was Snacks posting a multi-quote Ukraine war thread reply not only in the wrong thread, but the wrong fucking board. 

It’s almost like the new conservative right has one thing in common…..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Just finished a 4 page catch-up. At least the last 2 didn’t include Hermanator blowing his Eric cartman explosive diarrhea all over the fucking thread with his pathetic both-sides bull shit. Jesus that was a beating. Maybe at least he had some sense of shame and retreated. I doubt it. But maybe. 

7 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

It’s almost like the new conservative right has one thing in common…..

Both of you are fucking insane. I've never once supported anything republican and any of their bullshit.

I 100 percent want government to be regulated fairly and equally. The dream is peasants to presidents all judged equally by the law. It will never happen but the moment we stopped any semblance of striving for that dream was the moment we descended rapidly into the shit we're in now and will continue to get deeper in going forward. 

I’ve never said you supported Republican. I can’t recall you doing so. I also can’t recall Anastasia doing so. But equating unequal shit as equal is a tool, and it makes you a useful idiot, discrediting one side unfairly for the sake of “fairness.” 

Someone rapes a teenager, someone stole a car. “They’re both criminals.” Be better or be labeled as that guy. 

This. The false equivalency that ignores degree is fucking insane.
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Both of you are fucking insane. I've never once supported anything republican and any of their bullshit.

I 100 percent want government to be regulated fairly and equally. The dream is peasants to presidents all judged equally by the law. It will never happen but the moment we stopped any semblance of striving for that dream was the moment we descended rapidly into the shit we're in now and will continue to get deeper in going forward. 

That would be my bad then.  Granted, nothing about your posts would have indicated that. They were right wing both-sides talking points.  To minimize confusion in the future, maybe it’s best not to post well-known right wing talking points. 

And, it sorta sounds like you’re continuing to beat that drum in your second paragraph.  I honestly don’t think that YOU think that the Biden case was different.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Here is some blurb about the protective order that prevents public dissemination of the non-classified evidence in the documents case.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/justice-department-submits-protective-order-mar-lago-case

This, in a routine fashion, accomplishes the same thing as Merchan's order in Manhattan that took the form of a gag order.  And is even broader.

Protective orders like this are quite standard in federal courts where information exchanged may be sensitive.

It may be that they aren't so standard in NY courts like they aren't in Texas anymore.  A few years back, Texas enacted a rule of procedure that made such protective orders a real pain in the ass to obtain, except on a "temporary" basis.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Chickenshits.

A wariness about appearing partisan, institutional caution, and clashes over how much evidence was sufficient to investigate the actions of Trump and those around him all contributed to the slow pace. Garland and the deputy attorney general, Lisa Monaco, charted a cautious course aimed at restoring public trust in the department while some prosecutors below them chafed, feeling top officials were shying away from looking at evidence of potential crimes by Trump and those close to him, The Post found.

This is how fascism is able to take hold.  

• Like 2

Now, THEREFORE, I, GERALD R. FORD, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9,1974.

Ford's pardon of Nixon

On 6/16/2023 at 12:02 PM, Red Five said:

He also wasn't charged for any of the documents he gave back willingly. 

Anyone saying "Biden did the same thing and wasn't charged!!" is either gaslighting or has an IQ under 70.

The term you're looking for is willful ignorance.

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated