45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

3 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I don't think anyone here is bending over backward to justify improper acts by the Supreme Court by discussing how things ought or might go.  We may not like it, but we aren't going to go all insurrectionist on the high court either.

We should not be discussing it as a serious institution. Whatever it was before, it is now for the foreseeable future thanks to cramming it full of young fascists, a rubber stamp for the far right culture war machine. 

That message needs to be repeated ad nauseum, because it's what's happening before our very eyes. It is no longer a serious institution. It's votes on the very fabric of the law of our nation are for sale to the highest bidder. 

We must confront these facts. Otherwise we will be stuck here. 

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I don’t think SCOTUS will try to refute the language of the 14th or argue Trump wasn’t an officer. I bet they try to argue Trump was not an insurrectionist because he has not been convicted of it (yet). In addition, he did not aid or support the convicted insurrectionists because there were no documentable actions. Only free speech. That’s my guess. I disagree with it, but it’s their only way 

He brought them to DC, and then sent them to the Capitol to "fight like hell". Then he sat in a chair for four hours watching it on tv, and refused to do anything to stop it. He didn't even call the VP, or the Sec of Defense, etc. 

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He brought them to DC, and then sent them to the Capitol to "fight like hell". Then he sat in a chair for four hours watching it on tv, and refused to do anything to stop it. He didn't even call the VP, or the Sec of Defense, etc. 

I agree, but my wife Ginny didn't help pay for the fucking thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

We should not be discussing it as a serious institution. Whatever it was before, it is now for the foreseeable future thanks to cramming it full of young fascists, a rubber stamp for the far right culture war machine. 
That message needs to be repeated ad nauseum, because it's what's happening before our very eyes. It is no longer a serious institution. It's votes on the very fabric of the law of our nation are for sale to the highest bidder. 
We must confront these facts. Otherwise we will be stuck here. 
I think we can acknowledge what you're saying while still discussing the law. That's just my take.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Plenty crossed illegally under Trump.  And George W.  And George H. W., and Reagan.

Maybe we should disqualify Trump over that.

15 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I peacefully co-existed with illegal immigrants for the first 40 years of my life.  It wasn’t until the run up to the 2016 election that it was suddenly a problem.  Despite the protestations from the right, I still peacefully co-exist with them.  My yard gets mowed once a week, my house gets cleaned bi-weekly, and I have a lot of options for good Mexican food within a 5 mile radius of my house. I’m happy with the current state of affairs at the southern border.

Exactly. As many have said, Republicans have run Texas for 30+ years and NOTHING has ever been done about stemming migration at our South Texas border. NOTHING. Because our economy RELIES on Mexicans (and others) coming across the border to work jobs that Americans DO NOT want to work. This is pure theatrics. NOTHING more. And it's disgraceful.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Exactly. As many have said, Republicans have run Texas for 30+ years and NOTHING has ever been done about stemming migration at our South Texas border. NOTHING. Because our economy RELIES on Mexicans (and others) coming across the border to work jobs that Americans DO NOT want to work. This is pure theatrics. NOTHING more. And it's disgraceful.

It's not theater if it's real to the majority of the audience who turned out to "buy a ticket" (By that I mean, vote).  Small FoxNews anecdotes aside, and people thinking that every single human who ever voted for a Republican in Texas are all tied for stupidest human being in history aside.  Some of them, believe it or not, can still a modicum of simple maths.  So we can all agree there are roughly 10-15mm un-documented immigrants in our country at one given time.  Putting aside how they got here (overstayed visas to illegal bordering crossings to missing their return flight home).  So if they are, as Trump and Abbott would have us believe, all here to rape, murder, and bring fentanyl...don't you think you'd hear more about that?  Even on OAN or FOX?  If there was a roving group of 15mm people within the continental United States committing massive crime sprees, wouldn't that probably come up a little more frequently than the once a week "Man here from El Salvador illegally rapes local woman."?  Wouldn't that kinda be like a lead story?  Millions and millions of murders roaming the streets of America with no identification.  Wouldn't that maybe come up at an editorial meeting?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Well, you can only rape, murder and deal drugs so much when you're working your ass off picking crops, roofing houses, cleaning other houses, and cooking the rest of us delicious food.

Dumbest fucking culture war ever.  If Abbott and the other MAGAts actually have an impact, it is going to fuck small businesses all over the country.

• Hook 'Em 3

Well, you can only rape, murder and deal drugs so much when you're working your ass off picking crops, roofing houses, cleaning other houses, and cooking the rest of us delicious food.
Dumbest fucking culture war ever.  If Abbott and the other MAGAts actually have an impact, it is going to fuck small businesses all over the country.
All my paint contractors have had at least a one month waiting list for the past 5 years and can't find help anywhere at any skill level. Wages are insane.

25 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Routinely undervalued by whom?

Is this dipshit admitting to tax fraud?

It's always been a moving target depending on whether he's dealing with taxes, insurance, or loans.  I find it astonishing that I can go before the Travis County Central Appraisal District to dispute the value of my home and they will stick a flashlight up my ass to argue 1%, but Trump gets away with +/- 50% easily.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's always been a moving target depending on whether he's dealing with taxes, insurance, or loans.  I find it astonishing that I can go before the Travis County Central Appraisal District to dispute the value of my home and they will stick a flashlight up my ass to argue 1%, but Trump gets away with +/- 50% easily.

That’s the power of a fake tan, brah 

There really is legal precedent and an FMV evaluation process that can, with some acceptable accurateness to all parties, whereby properties or assets owned/operated/licensed by celebrities do receive a sizable markup given the name linked to it.  A private residence may be worth $5mm according to the tax rolls, but because it once owned by a movie star, it can be appraised at $10mm for their own loan needs or balance sheet.  Same with celebrity chef-owned restaurants where the building itself is owned in the name of the chef.  Or a retail store owned by some celebrity fashion designer, etc.  It can go the other way too, Neverland Ranch can be appraised for multiples more because Michael Jackson owned it...but can be negatively impacted at estate liquidation...you know...because of all the rape there.  But just like any other "expert" testimony from medical procedures to water rights to music IP...there are widely accepted guardrails on how real estate can tick up or down based on who is associated with it in/not in name only.  

But what Trump has suggested over the years, particularly before he became President is absolutely batshit insane.  And he has to have collaborators inside some of the lending institutions.  And some of them are gonna start flipping on him, if they haven't already.  Mar-a-Lago is worth 100x more than $18mm, Mr. President?  Even your most idiotic supporters would struggle on their iPhone calculators, but eventually would realize, "Whuh?  $1.8 billion dollars?  For that place?  I dunno, that seems like that would made the news.  I remember when that Kardashian broad sold her house for like $30mm and we thought was crazy.  This seems like it would have made the news at some point."  

It's perfectly normal to overinflate assets you hold near and dear, but when you start getting outside of any semblance of acceptable LTV/LTC parameters, there had to have been bankers assisting with this fraud. If it's just the AG saying, "I Say it's worth this" and Trump claiming "no, it's worth this."  The case is dead in the water.  But every single day in this country, loan officers cook balance sheets to get paid.  95% of the time it flies under the radar because a subpar credit score taking out a construction loan on a duplex isn't gonna set off any alarms with regulators.  But a gameshow host living inside a golf resort?  Hey now!  

32 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

There really is legal precedent and an FMV evaluation process that can, with some acceptable accurateness to all parties, whereby properties or assets owned/operated/licensed by celebrities do receive a sizable markup given the name linked to it.  A private residence may be worth $5mm according to the tax rolls, but because it once owned by a movie star, it can be appraised at $10mm for their own loan needs or balance sheet. 

It's not the overvaluation in a vacuum.  It's the sometimes way over, sometimes way under nature of it.  I don't know why insurance and tax appraisers don't account for the valuation data in his loan documents, but they don't.  It can't be that hard to access.  Shit, he admits to it.

Yeah, I wasn't even touching on the under nature of it at all.  That's other bag of shit to unpack.  In this fucking timeline, I'm 90% sure while he was the sitting President...while on some "official duties" trip to New York, he didn't reclaim different appraisal amounts on every single property or asset on term sheet updates/new tax rolls/new insurance enrollments so that when this day came.  Which he likely knew it would.  He could simply claim that he did while serving as President and therefore it's immune from legal scrutiny.  I know that sounds insane to you as a lawyer, and god knows i barely passed Contracts Law, but I'm almost certain in his head and given who is legal counsel was/is...he thinks that'll work.  Or again, as I've stated, there were enablers at the banks, LP's, and insurance companies all along the way that are complicit in this.  I don't know how the fuck else to explain it except that this should have been done long before he was ever President.  It's obvious this a half-century long bad habit on his part.  

37 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Voice recordings of Trump and Ronna McDaniel pressuring people who were actually a part of the certification process to not certify and that the GOP would get them lawyers if they would just walk away and not certify legal votes.

Merry Christmas GIF

old rona better start looking for a good lawyer ….

IMG_7615.jpeg

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Do I need to send you my CV?  Because them's fightin' words.

Shit, my bad.  I don't know I thought you were an attorney.  In all honesty, how some posters can keep such accurate track of who said what, and does what for a living, and all that.  I can barely, barely do that in real life with people I know and care about.  You seem to know a lot about music IIRC.  South Austin's Mom is a Saint.  Armybrat worked for the Pony Express.  And a site of thousands of white/latino male Texans, only 7 people admitted to voting for Trump.  Other than that, I got no idea what the fuck is going on.  All on a site By an Aggie hippie who looks like Jesus.  Signs and wonders...

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Shit, my bad.  I don't know I thought you were an attorney.  In all honesty, how some posters can keep such accurate track of who said what, and does what for a living, and all that.  I can barely, barely do that in real life with people I know and care about.  

Well, none of us know what the fuck you do because your professional life seems to touch about 8 different career paths.  For what it's worth, I'm an engineer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, none of us know what the fuck you do because your professional life seems to touch about 8 different career paths.  For what it's worth, I'm an engineer.

YGIFS is a reformed (failed) male stripper, amateur baker, professional “business man,” and bon vivant for hire, price negotiable.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

I didn’t fail being a male stripper, Brisket!   The industry failed me!  

my work in finance takes me into a lot of fields.  Works out well because I have the attention span and discipline of Donald Trump at a Puerto Rica hurricane refugee center.  While I care for thicc brown women, sooner or later I just start throwing paper towels. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Shit, my bad.  I don't know I thought you were an attorney. 

44 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

40 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

YGIFS is a reformed (failed) male stripper, amateur baker, professional “business man,” and bon vivant for hire, price negotiable.

jimmyjazz we can easily fit into the Surly demographics, but YGIFS, it's a little difficult:

• 46% of Surly are lawyers
  • 46% of Surly are doctors
  • 2% of Surly are both
  • 2% of Surly are pilots
  • 2% of Surly are engineers (1 member of Surly is a lawyer and an engineer, but the stats don't reflect it)
  • 2% of Surly are in the entertainment industry
  • 2% of Surly are math majors
  • Hook 'Em 1

Dumb fucking people doing it where they could be recorded.

At this point, Trump should assume that everybody around him is either recording what is going on, or getting ready to turn on him before he turns on them.

And Michigan is a one-party consent state, so the recordings are good.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 1