45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If Trump is elected, you'd be wise to take advantage of America's super-lax gun laws and arm the shit out of yourself.

Well, to quote Trump:

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida … to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence. “Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

Trump was responding to comments from Vice President Pence that families and local law enforcement should have more tools to report potentially dangerous individuals with weapons.  “Allow due process so no one’s rights are trampled, but the ability to go to court, obtain an order and then collect not only the firearms but any weapons,” Pence said. “Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court,” Trump responded.

The good news is, either he doesn't care about actually winning again, or he doesn't have a competent campaign staff, because his efforts seem to be focused on fundraising for his legal defenses and other expenditures, and he can't win the lottery if he doesn't bother playing it.

A competent campaign staff would having him back on twitter, and have him traveling far and wide across AZ, NC, GA, MI, WI, PA, and NV and holding lots of free rallies, and probably have him show up at one or two major debates where he drops the one-liners that MAGA used to love.  One or two actual large rallies a week.  He may easily win the primaries, but he actually has to get out and get people excited to vote for him, get people to publicly defend him at his courthouses, where he looks extremely weak.

He needs to walk out of a courthouse to throngs of adoring fans screaming about how much they love him and how persecuted he is, not walk out to a handful of cameras where he proceeds to rant about how unfair everything is.  He comes out sounding like some emo kid in the body of a 70 year-old man. Right now, the only people that are interested in voting based on his indictments are Dems/Indies.

if the Supremes say that a President is immune then I think Joey B should take them up on that and refuse to leave office along with Kamala refusing to count any votes cast for anyone other than Joe because what the fuck can anyone do to them as they are effectively immune from any sort of criminal prosecution so fuck all of you other branches of government. impeach? get the fuck out of here! i am an immune motherfucker who is also commander in chief of the US armed forces so i can do whatever the fuck i want from this point forward.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Well, to quote Trump:

The good news is, either he doesn't care about actually winning again, or he doesn't have a competent campaign staff, because his efforts seem to be focused on fundraising for his legal defenses and other expenditures, and he can't win the lottery if he doesn't bother playing it.

A competent campaign staff would having him back on twitter, and have him traveling far and wide across AZ, NC, GA, MI, WI, PA, and NV and holding lots of free rallies, and probably have him show up at one or two major debates where he drops the one-liners that MAGA used to love.  One or two actual large rallies a week.  He may easily win the primaries, but he actually has to get out and get people excited to vote for him, get people to publicly defend him at his courthouses, where he looks extremely weak.

He needs to walk out of a courthouse to throngs of adoring fans screaming about how much they love him and how persecuted he is, not walk out to a handful of cameras where he proceeds to rant about how unfair everything is.  He comes out sounding like some emo kid in the body of a 70 year-old man. Right now, the only people that are interested in voting based on his indictments are Dems/Indies.

Donald Trump thinks winning again is the only thing that will keep him out of prison. 

Jesus christ man, just try thinking "maybe I don't know everything" or "maybe they don't think like me" once or twice. Give it a shot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Donald Trump thinks winning again is the only thing that will keep him out of prison. 

Jesus christ man, just try thinking "maybe I don't know everything" or "maybe they don't think like me" once or twice. Give it a shot. 

This is accurate.  He wants to be President again more than anything.  He's terrified of going to prison.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I'm quite curious about his actual mindset.  I think most people try to map rational thought onto a man who is incapable of rational thought.  I don't know that he fears prison or bankruptcy -- he's spent his whole life avoiding the former and skating by after multiple episodes of the latter.

I think it's possible he doesn't actually desire a return to office, but his narcissism swamps that perspective and he wants to win because he can't comprehend losing.  I seriously doubt he sees prison as a possibility, but rather he's driven by ego and an insatiable need for power, all of which is optimally satisfied by a second term in office (or more, because he thinks he can will it to happen).

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Creating a sham corporation as the Trumps did to cheat the IRS is a classic method of perpetrating tax evasion. Indeed, it is no coincidence that the reporting by the New York Times of that alleged fraud led to Trump’s sister, Maryanne, to resign as a judge from the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals rather than answer to a judicial investigation.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

As others said, he’s not rational.  Right now, he seems solely focused on maintaining whatever is left of his “empire” because that’s his image that he presents to his fans.

And speaking of his mindset, he’s got way too many people around him who are turning on him, and multitasking seems to be something he can’t do, so it’s no wonder that he can’t focus on his trials, who is flipping, and also campaigning so he’s focused on the biggest danger in front of him - losing his empire or access to it   

That’s not to say that he won’t start campaigning and trying to win, in which case I’ll change my mind and say that’s what’s most important, but as of now, he has done nothing to flip any states that Biden flipped from him.

in my view he’s most worried about his empire. That’s his image.  That’s what is most at threat right now.   

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm quite curious about his actual mindset.  I think most people try to map rational thought onto a man who is incapable of rational thought.  I don't know that he fears prison or bankruptcy -- he's spent his whole life avoiding the former and skating by after multiple episodes of the latter.

I don’t think it is more complex than figuring out from the things he says what he wants other people to think about him - and then concluding that his biggest fear is that people will think those things are not true.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

I don’t think it is more complex than figuring out from the things he says what he wants other people to think about him - and then concluding that his biggest fear is that people will think those things are not true.

That's why I think he's most freaked out about the stuff in NYC affecting his little "empire" - that could completely expose his image (and a lot of his financial holdings/dealings) to the wider world and would be carried far and wide, or he could even lose a big chunk of it depending on what the Finding Out phase includes.

Most of us here in CR probably have a more realistic view of his finances/etc. than the MAGA types.

People forget that he thrived as a reality TV star (and arguably this goes back to the 80s/90s when he was popping up on various reality TV shows), because he was able to control the image people saw.  He has no control over what the courts can reveal/expose.

Edited by atomheartbevo

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

The J6 trial promises to be a doozy 

https://newrepublic.com/post/177606/binder-highly-classified-russian-intel-went-missing-trump

A 10-inch thick binder of highly classified raw data regarding Russian election interference went missing in the final days of the Trump administration, a new report reveals.

The loss of the massive binder, which has yet to be found two years after it was first reported missing, included details on Russian agents that informed the government’s assessment that Russian President Vladimir Putin had worked to help Trump win the 2016 election, according to a sprawling CNN investigation…

…In the waning hours of the administration, Trump ordered a host of documents, including the binder, to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for mass declassification in a scheme to prove that the FBI’s Trump-Russia investigation into his 2016 campaign ties was a hoax.

Republican aides spent days scrubbing the binder, redacting the most sensitive details so that an abridged version could be released to the public, even against the behest of other top Trump administration officials who repeatedly attempted to block the former president from releasing its contents, according to the outlet.

A day before his term was set to end, Trump issued an order to preemptively declassify most of the binder’s contents well before it was ready and regardless of some of the redactions. Multiple copies of the redacted version had been created inside the White House, with plans to hand them off to Republicans and right-wing journalists. But that’s not what happened. Instead, White House lawyers scrambled, forcing an immediate retrieval of some documents that had already been sent off, and demanding that the documents be stripped down more…

“The Crossfire Hurricane binders are a complete disaster. They’re still full of classified information,” White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson recalled a White House counsel, Pat Cipollone, telling her. “Those binders need to come back to the White House. Like, now.”

With minutes to spare before Joe Biden’s inauguration, Trump’s White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows hand-delivered a redacted copy of the binder to the Justice Department for a final review… 

…“I personally went through every page, to make sure that the President’s declassification would not inadvertently disclose sources and methods,” he wrote in his book detailing his time as Trump’s chief.

Meanwhile, the original, unredacted version had gone missing.

But Hutchinson believed she had a clue as to its location. In a closed-door testimony before the January 6 committee, Hutchinson pointed a finger directly at her old boss in relation to the possible whereabouts of the original binder.

“I am almost positive it went home with Mr. Meadows,” Hutchinson said, according to transcripts.

On 12/14/2023 at 1:07 PM, cactusflinthead said:

Creating a sham corporation as the Trumps did to cheat the IRS is a classic method of perpetrating tax evasion. Indeed, it is no coincidence that the reporting by the New York Times of that alleged fraud led to Trump’s sister, Maryanne, to resign as a judge from the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals rather than answer to a judicial investigation.

This is like the 10th time in the last 8 years an article like this has come out.  I'm not sure why people keep pointing this out.  It doesn't change a thing.

i-know-we-know-seth-meyers-r6z00cngpydgq

52 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The problem isn't Trump. He's a rapist criminal piece of shit dictator. 

The problem is the 40 million Americans that endorse a rapist dictator piece of shit. 

This.  When it all turns to shit, we're not going to have to shoot Trump.  We're going to have to shoot the assholes who are committing fascist crimes in his name and on his orders.  That's why we're fucked.  If it was just a few random nutbars, we'd be fine.  The fact that it's a sizable enough group to actually win elections (and then make sure there are no further free and fair elections, ever) in some locations is the problem.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

"You can do a lot with a telephone.  I did it with France.  They were gonna put taxes on American companies."

Just think about those three sentences this Christmas, with your families and neighbors.  First of all, good luck diagramming that sentence without peyote and a sharp knife.  Secondly, picture Trump like that tiktok video being offered $100mm to successfully place a phone call with a rotary phone.  Third, what exactly did he do with France that then prompted them to want to tax American Companies?  If any Trumper wants to list out specific taxes levied not by the EU, but by France alone not including tariffs or entry fees, on American companies...list them here and I'll donate whatever you want to Trump's non-legal fundraising PAC.  

I know he doesn't have to make sense or be smart or have the best words for 35% of this website to want to blow him for Festivus.  But I mean, at least have the decency to pretend you still give a shit about the illusion.  Telephones, France, and using telephones to prevent France from taxing American companies.  You know that thing that's a huge problem right now?  It's like the footlocker and phone records scene in "A Few Good Men."  Commander Trump, please tell me you have more than this...these MAGA dipshits are on trial for their lives.  

In related news, arch conservative (but not Trump appointee) Will Pryor and the 11th Circuit unanimously affirm the denial of Meadow's removal petition.

https://media.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/files/202312958.pdf

This is pretty interesting because all of these removal and immunity questions are related:  to what degree to federal officers enjoy privileges unavailable to ordinary citizens in the event of criminal prosecution.

The answers seem to center on to what degree they are related to their official duties and the courts aren't having much trouble parsing Trumpco's activities into the unprotected categories.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  When it all turns to shit, we're not going to have to shoot Trump.  We're going to have to shoot the assholes who are committing fascist crimes in his name and on his orders.  That's why we're fucked.  If it was just a few random nutbars, we'd be fine.  The fact that it's a sizable enough group to actually win elections (and then make sure there are no further free and fair elections, ever) in some locations is the problem.

ammosearch.com

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

It's going to force the Supremes to address the issue.  This is their chance to be rid of Trump once and for all, they just have to not be cowards.  

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

This will get overturned on appeal.

Yeah.  Between the fact that "it doesn't fucking matter" (Colorado wasn't going to vote for Trump in the general anyway, and no state that he has a chance of winning will similarly disqualify him), and the fact that the Supremes can't wait to step in and suck Republican cock, this is a nothing.

We have to beat Trump the old fashioned way: with votes.  Even though many states will try to prevent those votes, we have to fight through that and get the votes our there anyway.  And then, we have to root very, very, very hard for Trump to drop fucking dead, and right soon.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We have to beat Trump the old fashioned way: with electoral college votes. 

Ftfy.

Popularity doesn't matter for dick in this country. It's all about favor with the oligarchs and how much you can pack and crack votes 

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This will get overturned on appeal.

Well, as noted above, the only appeal at this point is SCOTUS.  Given that the administration and conduct of federal elections is a matter of state law (including, apparently now, judicial law as well as legislative law) and Congress has not seen fit to elucidate on this part of the 14th Amendment, it might well be upheld.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, as noted above, the only appeal at this point is SCOTUS.  Given that the administration and conduct of federal elections is a matter of state law (including, apparently now, judicial law as well as legislative law) and Congress has not seen fit to elucidate on this part of the 14th Amendment, it might well be upheld.

They'll go the chicken shit way and not hear it on it's merits.  

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Lmfao this guy thinks the supreme court isn't just out to make policy change through rulings. They've had several fact-optional cases and rulings now to enforce republican dogma. It ain't gonna fucking stop 

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Lmfao this guy thinks the supreme court isn't just out to make policy change through rulings. They've had several fact-optional cases and rulings now to enforce republican dogma. It ain't gonna fucking stop 

In case you haven't noticed, since Trump left office, the Supreme Court hasn't done him one single favor.

I didn't say they weren't jackholes or they weren't enacting whatever conservative policies they were chosen to enact.

It just so happens that conservative policies apparently don't quite line up with Trump policies, at least not those that keep him out of jail or in office.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In case you haven't noticed, since Trump left office, the Supreme Court hasn't done him one single favor.

I didn't say they weren't jackholes or they weren't enacting whatever conservative policies they were chosen to enact.

It just so happens that conservative policies apparently don't quite line up with Trump policies, at least not those that keep him out of jail or in office.

This is true, and like I said, because they aren't necessarily aligned with Trump, though aligned with right wing policy ideology, I don't think they will even hear the case.  This won't effect the electoral math one way or the other, and accordingly, sticking their necks out for it does them nor their ideology any favors.