Justified: City Primeval

Parliament

lol Raylan didn’t buy her flowers.

Clement sent them to Raylan to taunt him and he brought them to Carolyn as an excuse to see her and get information.

I must have missed that since my wife was probably screaming at the TV about how fucked up this show is.

I stand by it. This is bizarro world Raylan where he would be banging this version of Carolyn. I hope she dies soon.
  • Haha 1

I must have missed that since my wife was probably screaming at the TV about how fucked up this show is.

I stand by it. This is bizarro world Raylan where he would be banging this version of Carolyn. I hope she dies soon.

I am guessing she is also bad. I like how the Armenians just went on a cruise for a while.

On 8/23/2023 at 8:47 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

so random ditzy blonde girl, why do you continue to hang out with a certified lunatic 8 time murderer who will turn on you at a moments notice?

"He's Fun"

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST 

Nobody is that fucking stupid.  NO ONE. 

disagree. the news says otherwise

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

At this point it’s just a shit show. Everything we surmised early on has borne out. Raylan hooked up with the fat flat irritating attorney, the lady cop is dirty, Mansell is a Houdini, just very predictable. And Raylan is stupid as shit throughout this getting bamboozled by the locals good and bad.

I keep thinking, like the indiana Jones thing, if raylan is t in detroit does that affect any of the goings on?  Or are the killed people still killed, the alive people still alive, the Albanian mark still broken legged, and the bad guy still in the back seat of the Albanians?  Other than the lawyer getting laid, is he a part of this story?

There was more good writing in the epilogue than the whole series. It was like an EP of four good songs stuck in the liner of a shitty album. Except for the attorney planning on a vacation to Miami; they should have showed Raylan drinking that fancy bottle of whiskey in the hot tub with a somewhat rehabbed nekkid Sandy. His daughter just caint act.

I can't believe I hung around. I can suspend disbelief with the best of them but raglan isn't fucking that chick. And then the final 20 minutes were better than anything the entire series. 

But at least it looks like something is coming back. Luckily it can't be worse than this pile of shit. 

He finally just shoots him?   Really?   Fuck off. 

• Like 1

i haven't read the book, but this is the worst bad guy ever to appear in an elmore leonard-adapted movie/tv show.  just comically bad.  basically a serial killer.  but in the end, he thought he really had something with raylan, and just wanted him to listen to his music.  he thought they really got each other and were connected.  awful.  snoopy miller is rolling over in his grave.

they gave us a bunch of promise with all the cops, and actually had recognizable talent playing all of them.  then wasted wayyyy too much time with sweetie and then with raylan's love story (the bathtub scene i could've done without).  the evidence scene in the parking garage or the woman cop in the book interrogation/front door scenes would've meant something if we had spent more time with those characters.

was it a show about a corrupt judge?  finding his killer?  the black book?  the criminal enterprise where sandy finds a rich mark?  raylan trying to leave detroit but getting pulled in because of a connection from his background or a special skill he has?  am i getting warm?

clement just rolls into town (from where i don't remember or care but assume he was either locked up or killing people there too), parks it wherever he wants, walks around in his tighties, then starts killing people with zero agenda.  terrible negotiation scene with david cross provided zero clarity or plan.  oh, we didn't get the painting?  i'm gonna go back later and steal it.  then sandy can steal and sell it.  because reasons.

i'm gonna have to go watch insurrectionist actor nick searcy scream at raylan just to get the bad taste out of my mouth.  

• Hook 'Em 2

So I’ve watched all of the original Justified and haven’t gotten started on this one (and I’ve been carefully skimming the thread to avoid spoilers).

It sounds like hot garbage, is that the consensus?  Should I skip entirely and just read a wikipedia synopsis in the event there’s another season?

32 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

So I’ve watched all of the original Justified and haven’t gotten started on this one (and I’ve been carefully skimming the thread to avoid spoilers).

It sounds like hot garbage, is that the consensus?  Should I skip entirely and just read a wikipedia synopsis in the event there’s another season?

You should watch all 50 seasons of The Walking Dead instead.

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I can't think of anything worse that I kept watching for 8 hours.

i can think of lots, but yes this started out with promise and fizzled out quickly.   i agree with the poster there that pointed out raylen had no function, no effect on the outcome, there was no point of him being in the show.  there was some shit going down in detroit, and raylan was just walking around the city in a cowboy puzzled by it all.

Just finished it up and concur. The last 7 1/2 minutes were great. Did that make it all worth trudging through the whole season? Nope. But I bet that last few minutes with Boyd and the missed call on the boat is going to have us Googling the shit out of “is there a next season” and “when is the writers strike over”.

What a horrible climax to the end of Clement. Takes out all the Albanians...dies in kitchen shot by Raylan.  That the first shot he fired all season?...lost track.

The cameos in the end made me forget the shitty episodes and Raylan romance I watched.  Boyd is back!  Detroit was just a bad dream really. 

It's like they saved this Boyd ending as an alternate ending and decided to launch it due to all the poor feedback this season.

And those titties and Mustang were smoke.

• Like 1