2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

26 minutes ago, CockadoodleHorn said:

The sad part is he actually already missed one full half (minus 10 seconds).  Seems like you get a harsher sentence if you do it early in the half vs late.  Targeting 10 seconds before the end of the game, gives you first half of next game.  Targeting 10 seconds into the half gets you the entire second half plus another one.  They should go by a rolling 30 mins.  In this case he would only miss 10 seconds of the next game.

Even MLB figured it’s wrong and too harsh to an entire team by not making Abreu sit until next year, but I have given up on the NCAA doing anything that makes sense. Another being the portal opening before the end of the season. Does the NFL have free agency during the playoffs? I think we would all think that is lunacy. It also makes the bowl games even more irrelevant because now you not only have the guys going into the draft not playing, but now so are the transfers. 

Edited by utfan87
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I'm not sure you guys are missing out on much if Muk goes to Oklahoma. He's good, and I'm happy he's getting his payday. He also has problems in coverage that can be stroke inducing 

It would be a mathematical impossibility for him to cover worse than Key Lawrence or Reggie Pearson. He is welcomed in Norman.  

• Haha 4
  • Prepare your anus 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I'm not sure you guys are missing out on much if Muk goes to Oklahoma. He's good, and I'm happy he's getting his payday. He also has problems in coverage that can be stroke inducing 

That's interesting - PFF grades are obviously subjective - but his 'coverage' grades are by far the best part of his grade. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That's interesting - PFF grades are obviously subjective - but his 'coverage' grades are by far the best part of his grade. 

He was abysmal last year. Better this year, but the defensive coordinator was kind of learning on the job. I wonder how PFF grades, because in man coverage, that's where the qb is going 

• Hook 'Em 3

Some data points on Mukuba ... not sure of context/significance.

- Several outlets named Mukuba a Freshman All-American in 2021;  also Third Team All ACC (ACC Conference)

- In 2022 and 2023, he did not make the ACC Conference 1st, 2nd or 3rd teams All ACC (honorable mention only)

- In 2022 and 2023, he did not make the Associated Press 1st or 2nd teams All ACC

32 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

He was abysmal last year. Better this year, but the defensive coordinator was kind of learning on the job. I wonder how PFF grades, because in man coverage, that's where the qb is going 

His PFF grades were terrible last year, but this year he was more in line with his freshman year. Hasn’t he been battling through a lot of injuries the last two years? 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looch

20231205_125003.jpg

Comedy Central Lol GIF by Awkwafina is Nora from Queens

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

So he would be a more athletic Jerrin Thompson?

I'm going to have to take a shower after writing this, but in defense of Mike Roach,

- he did break the Filsaime/Dec 15-17 OV news first.

- and he just added this, in the thread:

image.thumb.png.79a78a07c8b8768a7d0994146f8172b4.png

Also, supposedly:

image.thumb.png.aded2f945567c81ad2e19cbfa67e2d9c.png

So yeah, for the timorous Roach to break some news and express an opinion ... he likely has a contact and has heard good things (beyond the scheduling of the OV).

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I mean, any Aggie player of note should express interest in Texas; I can’t imagine a better strategy for bilking more money out of them. 

Nolen taking a visit to us would absolutely cause their entire athletic department to burn down. Those yokels would be mortgaging oil wells trying to keep him. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That considered, some of the dire statements you may read elsewhere are coming from a key and sizeable donor who is concerned directionally and rightly fatiguing.

CTJ, could you please elaborate on that? Do you mean the program's direction or CFB/NIL in general?

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I don't know the rosters for Texas or Oklahoma, but he would either start or provide amazing depth. He's not bad, I just don't know why Clemson put him in the nickel. He has a kid and deserves his payday. 

Regarding the 2nd year "slump", didn't he play through quite a bit of injury last year?

26 minutes ago, RAMBONE said:

CTJ, could you please elaborate on that? Do you mean the program's direction or CFB/NIL in general?

I don't think anyone who has been near the program or any of us watching from afar should be worried about the program's direction. Mostly, there is concern regarding NIL. The inflation of it, the sustainability, etc. That's both an issue for Texas and CFB itself. At some point, if every single transfer or retention discussion starts and ends with a number, capitulation will occur and bluffs will get called, even for future 1st round picks.

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.