2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Get a fucking grip. You guys were tampering early and often with Riley at the helm, and benefitting significantly from it. Now everyone is doing it and the price of poker has gone way up and all of the sudden, "boo hoo, people are cheatin' momma! i want it to go back to the way it was, when we was cheatin' and only a few others were too!!"

The last few years of college football have been pretty awesome in terms of watching a bunch of dirty fucking cheaters whine publicly that their old school bullshit is now flaccid and it's not fair that a bunch of new meanies with bigger wallets have shown up and slapped purple mushroom stains on their foreheads in public. Fuck Clemson. Fuck Alabama. Fuck LSU. Fuck Ohio State. Fuck Florida State. Fuck Tennessee. Fuck Georgia. And Fuck OU. And thanks for scooting over, it's about time we got a seat at the table.

chair.jpg

30 minutes ago, Constant said:

The Cayden Green thing is an abomination. College football is ruined if starters can be poached before entering the portal. This whole thing is in a downward spiral. 

They have agents telling them their offers regardless of their portal status.  Actually entering the portal is just a formality.  It's meaningless.

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The last few years of college football have been pretty awesome in terms of watching a bunch of dirty fucking cheaters whine publicly that their old school bullshit is now flaccid and it's not fair that a bunch of new meanies with bigger wallets have shown up and slapped purple mushroom stains on their foreheads in public. Fuck Clemson. Fuck Alabama. Fuck LSU. Fuck Ohio State. Fuck Florida State. Fuck Tennessee. Fuck Georgia. And Fuck OU. And thanks for scooting over, it's about time we got a seat at the table.

Monday Night Raw Yes GIF by WWE

Saban going to congress to cry was particularly delicious

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

28 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Wednesday morning recruiting notes

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

👀  👀  👀 

(Assuming this is about someone new - not Golden, etc., presumably)

"Texas will host one of the top-ranked players in the transfer portal on a visit tomorrow. We've been asked by sources not to post who it is .." 

Reveal hidden contents

Wednesday morning recruiting notes

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

— After officially entering the transfer portal yesterday afternoon, several 247Sports Crystal Ball Predictions have already been placed in favor of the Texas Longhorns to land Houston wide receiver transfer Matthew Golden.

In speaking with sources throughout Tuesday night I was told that multiple members of the Longhorns staff are on the road in Houston and will be meeting with the No. 29 overall player in the transfer portal sometime today.

The Longhorns staff is telling Golden and his camp that he’s their No. 1 target at the wide receiver position in the transfer portal and Texas is making their presence felt as nearly two dozen players currently on the Longhorns roster have been reaching out to Golden over the last few days doing their fair share of peer recruiting.

While I do view Texas as the eventual landing spot and think things are trending that way, I’m going to hold off on putting in a crystal ball prediction for now.

Over the last week or two, I’ve reported that the schools to watch for Golden if he were to enter the transfer portal include Georgia, Louisville, LSU, Miami, and Texas. As of last night, Louisville was already making a very serious push and I was told by a source that Golden will be taking a visit to Louisville this weekend. There are other schools also pushing pretty hard as well, but as things currently stand Louisville is the main competition to Texas in my eyes. 

Louisville has shown in the past they can be very aggressive in the NIL game and like many other high-profile players in the transfer portal, NIL will certainly play a part in Golden’s portal recruitment.

That said, I still view Texas as the most likely landing spot for Golden but the Louisville visit is certainly something I’m paying attention to. On the same note, Texas is expected to make a push when meeting with Golden today and while I haven't been told if this is exactly the plan or not, I think it's certainly a possibility that the Texas staff could get Golden to change his visit plans from Louisville to Texas for this upcoming weekend. 

— At times throughout the last six months I’ve felt like I’d never be writing this, but we’re officially at decision day for Waco Connally 2024 four-star defensive back Kobe Black. Black’s commitment ceremony will be livestreamed on YouTube by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football with the ceremony set to begin at 4:20 P.M. CT.

I’ll be on-site for Horns247 bringing you live coverage from the commitment ceremony inside Connally High.

With four 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions currently in favor of Texas, the Longhorns are the leader and have been considered the leader going back to the spring. Much like the rest of the world will, I’ll find it extremely shocking if Black happens to choose any program that isn’t Texas come 4:20 P.M. today.

— Texas will host one of the top-ranked players in the transfer portal on a visit tomorrow. We've been asked by sources not to post who it is, but I’d expect it to leak out prior to the visit because that’s kind of just the nature of the beast in the portal nowadays. If it does leak, I will confirm it with y’all who it is. I don’t mean to tease anyone by doing this but I think many of you can understand that we’d like to keep our sources as happy as possible while also bringing y’all as much info as we’re allowed to.

Here are the top 34 prospects with committed players and players we dont have a need for crossed out. Curious if its an aggie transfer with that level of secrecy. 

Screenshot2023-12-13101838.thumb.png.e00eb5e419291edae6a2be23e8b77170.png

Screenshot2023-12-13101849.thumb.png.f912309bdd8baf3edfe2f076c9fad80c.png

Screenshot2023-12-13102005.thumb.png.a66435a228cde023bc5756cbad1da025.png

*Raleek Brown is #23 just didnt get in the screenshot but we have not reached out per Fawcett

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Here are the top 34 prospects with committed players and players we dont have a need for crossed out. Curious if its an aggie transfer with that level of secrecy. 

*Raleek Brown is #23 just didnt get in the screenshot but we have not reached out per Fawcett

Jake Johnson has been pretty fucking quiet. Why not just announce for UNC if that's what you're doing? That one would be delicious.

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The way it was described leads me to believe it's Nolen. There wouldn't be any secrecy around Nyland Green and after that we're out of "top" territory

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Jake Johnson has been pretty fucking quiet. Why not just announce for UNC if that's what you're doing? That one would be delicious.

He is who makes the most sense of those guys. Professional family with media experience. Also hes got 2  years to Max's 1 and trusting in Mack being there beyond one season would be unwise. 

Last point why the hell did they burn his RS last year for no reason? He played in 5 games and had 1 catch. 

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The way it was described leads me to believe it's Nolen. There wouldn't be any secrecy around Nyland Green and after that we're out of "top" territory

Nolen has been publicly linked to us so why would he keep it quite? Also a family known for driving the price up would have made it known from day 1 he was visiting Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

It would seem to be Nolen, Makuba, or maybe Overton. Even with Makuba I don't see the need for secrecy. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

He is who makes the most sense of those guys. Professional family with media experience. Also hes got 2  years to Max's 1 and trusting in Mack being there beyond one season would be unwise. 

Last point why the hell did they burn his RS last year for no reason? He played in 5 games and had 1 catch. 

Nolen has been publicly linked to us so why would he keep it quite? Also a family known for driving the price up would have made it known from day 1 he was visiting Texas. 

Unless Nolan, who still lives in college station, fears for his life. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Are you just now waking up to the last two years? I mean you fucking lived through Lincoln Riley violently buttfucing your roster on the way out the door, man.  How do you think a starter GETS poached? 

You guys need to stop being so poor. Or maybe he doesnt like Bedenbaugh or eating his own vomit. 

I'm pretty sure there is more to this. 

They promised Caden Green a tackle spot and he's been playing guard. I think that's a big issue. 

1 hour ago, Constant said:

The Cayden Green thing is an abomination. College football is ruined if starters can be poached before entering the portal. This whole thing is in a downward spiral. 

lmao... ou was one of the biggest benefactors and culprits of tampering and getting players to transfer and this was before the portal era.  You guys poached QBs from other rosters for years.  go cry elsewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm pretty sure there is more to this. 

They promised Caden Green a tackle spot and he's been playing guard. I think that's a big issue. 

Thats not true. Thats the internet searching for a reason other than money. Money is the reason. 

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Fisher's bidders bought the Nolan family a nice house in The Woodlands, so there's no rest for the weary here. Visit Texas and they could be under attack in both aggie stronghold towns.

That's pretty funny, in a way.

"If Walter comes to A&M, we'll buy y'all a house"

"Why the fuck would we want a house in a shithole like College Station?"

"No, no, no. We'll buy you a house in The Woodlands. It's close enough but not a dump."

"Oh, OK, that makes way more sense."

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Fisher's bidders bought the Nolan family a nice house in The Woodlands, so there's no rest for the weary here. Visit Texas and they could be under attack in both aggie stronghold towns.

Honestly, as talented as Nolan is, I just really don't want to deal with his dad if he were to actually come here. We have lived through Casey Thompson's dad getting Brian Jones to run with "Sark is a racist" on national television because he wasn't getting his way. 

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Honestly, as talented as Nolan is, I just really don't want to deal with his dad if he were to actually come here. We have lived through Casey Thompson's dad getting Brian Jones to run with "Sark is a racist" on national television because he wasn't getting his way. 

The biggest reason I don't want Texas going after Nolan is that I don't think he's a needle mover. He's fine as a player, but he was overranked and that's continued to be a problem. He thinks he's better than he is, he's on his own snap count for plays per game. He's softer than kitten shit. He has no interest in conforming to a team's culture. Let him go merc it up somewhere else. I will be disappointed if Texas does anything there other than lob in the courtesy phone call.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The biggest reason I don't want Texas going after Nolan is that I don't think he's a needle mover. He's fine as a player, but he was overranked and that's continued to be a problem. He thinks he's better than he is, he's on his own snap count for plays per game. He's softer than kitten shit. He has no interest in conforming to a team's culture. Let him go merc it up somewhere else. I will be disappointed if Texas does anything there other than lob in the courtesy phone call.

He's likely not worth the money. He's going to want top dollar when that could be allocated somewhere else. 

I wouldn't mind Nolan if you told me we could get him at a discount but that seems like a no go with him. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.