2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I don't keep up with Ohio State that much but was McCord slated to lose his starting spot to someone else? I just don't understand leaving a place like Ohio State if you're the starter at QB and then going to the ACC and a program like Syracuse.

Day believed they needed more athleticism at the position and nudged him out. I think there’s some scapegoat aspect to it as well. 

My gut feeling is fOSU has somebody lined up that’s not in the portal yet. It’s a big move to make without a plan in place. 

Day believed they needed more athleticism at the position and nudged him out. I think there’s some scapegoat aspect to it as well. 

My gut feeling is fOSU has somebody lined up that’s not in the portal yet. It’s a big move to make without a plan in place. 

“It’s a big move to make without a plan in place.”

Ross Bjork, is that you?
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

Hoo boy ... this was one of the biggest portal targets for the Aggies

Image being an SEC team and losing a portal face-off for a Sun Belt player at a need position, to a team that just laid an egg in the ACC Championship game and will likely be QB'd by a guy who has started a total of 17 games in 6 seasons of college football.

That's gotta sting.

41 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think the bigger issue was his perceived lack of development. He was locking onto MHJ more than he should have. 
Stroud wasn’t a dynamic athlete either, but he saw the field and showed signs of being special pretty early on. 
McCord didn’t really do that, and Buckeye fans are restless. 

1 hour ago, thepop said:

So out of the 3 short term options for aggy they ended up choosing the worst one. Their priority was being good in 2024. Jimbo would have kept everyone and a top class. Erob would have kept everyone and most of the recruiting class. Elk is doing neither. 

Crazy, the more time goes by after the firing the more mind bottling it gets. Wow

2 hours ago, thepop said:

So out of the 3 short term options for aggy they ended up choosing the worst one. Their priority was being good in 2024. Jimbo would have kept everyone and a top class. Erob would have kept everyone and most of the recruiting class. Elk is doing neither. 

Looney Tunes Running GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Don't care, got Jumbo

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, WBT said:

I've seen rumors of Cam Ward.  Which, if true, lol.

Ohio St has Devin Brown. He is that high four star QB from last cycle that we were chasing as our backup plan for Arch. Kid almost beat out McCord for their starting job as a true FR. Supposedly they are using the bowl practices and bowl game itself as a test to see how he is progressing and to decide whether they need to go big at Qb in the portal or not. The guys they have been linked to so far are basically just floor setters that would come in and 'compete' with Brown but realistically Brown is overwhelmingly likely to be their starter next year. They really like what he has shown.

edit: My mistake, I was off by a year, Devin Brown was class of '22. So was a RS FR not true FR. Either way that is their presumptive starter if they don't hit portal. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself

spacer.png spacer.png

Aggie transfers are from weak schools like Youngstown st probably because Elko is the only recruiter right now and he was chasing lower ranked players at Duke. It’s the only guys he has a relationship with or knows. 

Love all of the Aggie responses of “the coaches like them so we should like them”. What coaches????
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I just don't understand where the money is coming from at Ole Miss.  I wouldn't think they have a very deep roster of wealthy alums.

I keep hearing this. There are a lot of wealthy kids that attend Ole Miss from all over the South and Texas. Ole Miss has plenty of wealthy donors. Not our level but they are fine. They also have a bunch of people giving small amounts.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I just don't understand where the money is coming from at Ole Miss.  I wouldn't think they have a very deep roster of wealthy alums.

I posted the answer upthread. Ole Miss has taken the Salvation Army approach to NIL and installed kiosks in many Mississippi grocery stores. They have 8k monthly donors. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You don't understand where a program who was buying 5 star players with bags gets money from?

That's a false equivalence.  Buying players pre-NIL was cheap.

I just drove through Mississippi yesterday and it's a total shit hole.  I can only assume that most of the folks bankrolling Ole Miss NIL deals don't live there anymore.

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

That's a false equivalence.  Buying players pre-NIL was cheap.

I just drove through Mississippi yesterday and it's a total shit hole.  I can only assume that most of the folks bankrolling Ole Miss NIL deals don't live there anymore.

Ole Miss, at the time, was essentially doing what A&M was recently doing.

2024 Texas Transfer Tracker (Updated 12/17/23 4:15pm)

Spoiler

On3 Transfer Portal Wire: https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/wire/football/2024/
This is the quick hits for Texas-related transfers only.

Out:
Offense
WR Casey Cain, WR Isaiah Neyor, OL Sawyer Goram-Welch, QB Maalik Murphy
Defense
S BJ Allen, Jalen Catalon, CB X'Avion Brice (North Texas), S Larry Turner-Gooden 

In: 
Offense
WR Matthew Golden
Defense

Targets (Estimated Needs): 

Italics indicate message board speculation only

TE (0-1)

WR (1-2)  Antwane "Juice" Wells Jr. (South Carolina); Deion Burks (Purdue)Matthew Golden (Houston; visited 12/15)

DE (0-1) Trey Moore (UTSA; visited 12/9)

DL (0-1) Jamaree Caldwell (Houston)

DB (1-2) Andrew Mukuba (Clemson; visited 12/15)

K/P (1) 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Another transfer living off his high school ranking...5 tackles in 2 years ain't exactly ripping it up.  I'm sure LSU is crying over this loss.

You don’t just walk in and start on that LSU defense. You have to wait your turn behind future NFL players like . . . Ovie Oghufu

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The cost is relative to the time. It's pretty fucking stupid of you to believe that Ole Miss doesn't have money, regardless.

Lol.  You can always tell when someone doesn't have a strong argument when they jump to the ad hominem attack.

Point to where I said they didn't have any money.  All schools have money...I just didn't expect them to have the kind of money it takes to land this type of transfer class.

39 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Ole Miss transfer portal acquisitions:

#1 EDGE Princely Umanmielen
#1 LB Chris Paul Jr.
#2 EDGE Tyler Baron
#2 WR Juice Wells
#2 IOL Gerquan Scott
#11 S Key Lawrence
#14 CB Tahveon Nicholson
#16 S Tamarion McDonald
#19 S Louis Moore

and the favorites for Walter Nolen.

I gotta admit, I didn't expect anyone to be so touchy about a shitty school like Ole Miss.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

You heavily implied it. Holy shit you're giving an Eric Nahlin esque walk back. 

Walk back?  Don't act like you had no idea what I meant.  That would be a pretty poor reflection of your critical reasoning skills, and I know you're not an idiot.  

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.