2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Update from Anwar. Some of it seems too good to be true 

Here are a few notes about players I have gathered after checking in with multiple sources on Friday night:

1. Texas tight end Ja'Tavion Sanders is leaning toward returning for the 2024 season. There is nothing definitive at this moment. However, Texas football coach Steve Sarkisian outlined to Sanders why returning for his senior season makes sense and the tight end is listening. 

2. EDGE Barryn Sorrell is contemplating entering the NFL Draft. Sorrell is weighing his options but people inside the building want him to stay. 

3. There is nothing new to report about receiver Adonai Mitchell. No news is good news for the Longhorns at this point. 

4. Texas is working on backup plans if Mitchell leaves. However, everyone inside the building wants Mitchell back next season. 

5. Ketch previously reported Texas LB David Gbenda is expected to return. 

6. Longhorn QB Quinn Ewers has not officially announced he will return but that seemingly remains a formality. 

7. Houston defensive lineman Jamaree Caldwell to Texas is trending in the right direction.

I'll take all the koolaid coming off the season we had....even if it's from Anwar.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

3. There is nothing new to report about receiver Adonai Mitchell. No news is good news for the Longhorns at this point. 

Nahlin was pretty adamant this morning that he will declare.  Source off!

8 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

ae76f467133fd4b46d255525f3c0b868.gif

8 hours ago, chad.ihrig said:

I’ll be honest, I have no idea what that .gif means. Help me out.

It was a response to a tweet from someone celebrating the fact that he’s going to play football at the University of a Nebraska.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The only thing I could see anyone selling Mitchell on returning for a fourth year would be injury history and to prove to scouts he can stay healthy for a 2nd straight year. But that's also a big risk if he can't. 

Dude won 2 NCs, played in the playoffs a third year, and was one of the best receivers in the country this year. He's not going to magically gain speed next year and already has the good size and great hands. I can't see him lasting longer than round 3 in the draft and is probably a 2nd round pick. Coming back makes zero sense. 

I wish Sanders would make up his mind quickly so we can go get a TE for next year if he's leaving. By now he should have the NFL draft grade of 1st round, 2nd round, or back to school so go ahead and decide. He could possibly improve his grade by showing improved in line blocking in the SEC but I can't imagine as the 2nd best TE in the draft he would go past the 3rd round either. NFL coaches would believe they can improve his blocking in year 1 better than college coaches will. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I wish Sanders would make up his mind quickly so we can go get a TE for next year if he's leaving. By now he should have the NFL draft grade of 1st round, 2nd round, or back to school so go ahead and decide. He could possibly improve his grade by showing improved in line blocking in the SEC but I can't imagine as the 2nd best TE in the draft he would go past the 3rd round either. NFL coaches would believe they can improve his blocking in year 1 better than college coaches will. 

NFL is for money. If he makes enough NIL vs a second round contract, maybe he can to learn to block, have some fun, win a championship and get first round money next year. One can dream.

The only thing I could see anyone selling Mitchell on returning for a fourth year would be injury history and to prove to scouts he can stay healthy for a 2nd straight year. But that's also a big risk if he can't. 
Dude won 2 NCs, played in the playoffs a third year, and was one of the best receivers in the country this year. He's not going to magically gain speed next year and already has the good size and great hands. I can't see him lasting longer than round 3 in the draft and is probably a 2nd round pick. Coming back makes zero sense. 

If either of them come back it’s because they frankly really want to first and foremost, and that NIL resources were found to at least make it not a financially disastrous decision to stay. Neither really has anything left they really need to put on tape.

The knock on Sanders is blocking but it’s been adequate when he’s not asked to stay in and pass protect on defensive linemen. NFL teams aren’t drafting Sanders to stay in max protect, that’s just not going to have a huge impact on his draft stock. There’s really no reason for him to come back individually.

Mitchell may have slightly more to gain, not from anything done on his part but because the top end of this WR class is just stupid talented. His draft stock could benefit simply from not being compared to MHJ, Odunze, etc.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

But the fact that Sanders and Mitchell haven’t immediately jumped to the draft yet is good-ish news. Means they’re thinking about staying.  Worthy barely waited (and that’s fine, that’s his prerogative) 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Good reminder that James Brockermeyer was this guy's backup and sucks more

I know we’re supposed to be magnanimous and shit following a CFP appearance, but fuck the Brocks.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Good reminder that James Brockermeyer was this guy's backup and sucks more

Fuck the Brocks.

Here's all the games Tommy played in this year for TCU btw.

IMG_3438.thumb.jpeg.c4cd5c57f855cd3808a0c1de3adedf95.jpeg

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.