2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

22 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Bolden reminds me a lot of the TCU kid Turpin with the Cowboys. Could be a highly specialized guy, doing some Keilan things (Robinson’s value wasn’t at traditional RB) plus punt return, but not sure we would have room for another receiver if we land Liberty Biberty or another full-sized player 😛. Probably depends on DeCamilas/Banks persuasive skills.

Bolden brings a lot to the table that Keilan did not. He's a good route runner with solid hands. He doesn't have the straight line speed but is much shiftier - certainly wouldn't expect many handoffs to him. In a way, I could see him replacing some of what Whittington did in the slot with better YAC ability. I'd be pretty happy to add him and the Liberty kid and call it a day. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

Bolden brings a lot to the table that Keilan did not. He's a good route runner with solid hands. He doesn't have the straight line speed but is much shiftier - certainly wouldn't expect many handoffs to him. In a way, I could see him replacing some of what Whittington did in the slot with better YAC ability. I'd be pretty happy to add him and the Liberty kid and call it a day. 

Yeah, we couldn't really throw Keilan the ball beyond the line of scrimmage.

Completely different players.

27 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - Bobby confirmed this morning that Texas is still evaluating WRs and are considering CJ Daniels (Liberty), LaJohntey Wester (FAU), Dorian Singer (USC by way of Arizona), and Silas Bolden (OregonSt) from the portal. 

I would like Daniels or Singer out of those. 

• Hook 'Em 3

CJ Vogel (TFB & OnTexas Football) reported that he spoke with Bryson Rodgers (WR Ohio St) this morning and Texas is trying to schedule a visit. Rodgers said that if they can’t figure out a schedule today he’ll likely move on. 

Rodgers is a 4 star 2023 who appeared in one game and recorded no stats at Ohio St this year. 

https://247sports.com/player/bryson-rodgers-46110420/

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

CJ Vogel (TFB & OnTexas Football) reported that he spoke with Bryson Rodgers (WR Ohio St) this morning and Texas is trying to schedule a visit. Rodgers said that if they can’t figure out a schedule today he’ll likely move on. 

Rodgers is a 4 star 2023 who appeared in one game and recorded no stats at Ohio St this year. 

https://247sports.com/player/bryson-rodgers-46110420/

I'd much rather take productive (ideally, P5) veteran receivers. Texas has many young receivers with potential. What they'll be missing next year is production and experience. Give me one of Daniels/Singer/Wester with Bolden before Rodgers. Although, I get the feeling Texas is only taking one more at WR.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

He may be leaving but I'm pretty sure he'll be loyal forever.

I am shocked. Never thought he’d go. Didn’t realize he got his degree already so it makes sense in that light. 
Wish him all the best. 

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Everyone of you fucking idiots participating in the uniform discussion on this thread should be banned. It is nauseating when it inevitably pops up weekly on the football board, and there is absolutely no value in having it here as well. 

What does everyone think about an orange color-rush uniform and capes? 

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, SuckitKevin said:

I’m trying to understand Auburn’s allure in the new NIL era. Are they throwing stupid aggy type money at players or is Freeze running whores again?

Yes

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SuckitKevin said:

I’m trying to understand Auburn’s allure in the new NIL era. Are they throwing stupid aggy type money at players or is Freeze running whores again?

I think they are smartly picking their battles rather than making it rain like a euphoric Aggie.  Trill isn’t getting Alfred Collins money.  

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

152 lbs, is he a freshman in HS? He gonna get broken.

He played in arguably one of the best conferences this year. From the highlights I’ve watched of him he’s a strong runner with ELITE quickness and speed. At 5’8 he’s actually better at catching deep balls than Worthy fwiw. 

My broader question is wonder if it’s one or the other for Daniel’s/Bolden or we’d take both?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.