2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

Brian Kelly hires 2 OCs who have very limited play calling experience despite having $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to throw around.

evidently, per Zenitz, looking for a TE coach who has play calling experience to help them out.

Kelly calls plays already, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

Brian Kelly hires 2 OCs who have very limited play calling experience despite having $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to throw around.

evidently, per Zenitz, looking for a TE coach who has play calling experience to help them out.

BOB was taken by tOSU. - probably.

30 minutes ago, NoName said:

Are you sure they have money to throw around.  They spent a lot of money on a DL coach. 

1 minute ago, TankedBevo said:

PK and Sark must see something that I don't. This dude has done fuck all at the college level and isn't a run stuffer like we need to be replacing. 

I hope I'm wrong though. 

TankedBevo < Sark/PK

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, texasdago said:

TankedBevo < Sark/PK

How dare you

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

He's 6'4, 305, and graded well at AZ. He's not a replacement for Sweat. He's a rotational piece. If he's a Nansen Loyalist he was probably cheap in terms of NIL too. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth brother.

Not looking at anything, we just heard from Sark himself that the first thing he prioritizes from portal players is 1) culture fit and 2) productivity at he college level. Tiaoalii seems like a culture fit from everything we know, but #2 doesn't seem there. He could blow up though which is what I'm hoping.

2 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

How dare you

Not looking at anything, we just heard from Sark himself that the first thing he prioritizes from portal players is 1) culture fit and 2) productivity at he college level. Tiaoalii seems like a culture fit from everything we know, but #2 doesn't seem there. He could blow up though which is what I'm hoping.

He and Kendrick Blackshire are here to be good culture guys, eat some good situational/rotational snaps, and fill holes in the roster.

• Hook 'Em 4

Rare miss by Sark getting this Savea guy. He had 18% of his season total of tackles last year in the first game of the season. Did absolutely nothing the last 11 games of the year. Not saying he’s a bad player but we need pass rushers, and that’s not what he is.

• Haha 8

11 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

PK and Sark must see something that I don't. This dude has done fuck all at the college level and isn't a run stuffer like we need to be replacing. 

I hope I'm wrong though. 

He is more prepared to contribute than an incoming true freshman we just released from his NLI. It is a win and you should accept that.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Rare miss by Sark getting this Savea guy. He had 18% of his season total of tackles last year in the first game of the season. Did absolutely nothing the last 11 games of the year. Not saying he’s a bad player but we need pass rushers, and that’s not what he is.

You're trying to use tackles as a measure of effectiveness for a DT.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I believe he lined up at DE mostly last year though, and was seemingly ineffective. Maybe DT suits him better and that’s Sark’s thinking I guess

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

that's it. he's probably going to win the Heisman next year now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I believe he lined up at DE mostly last year though, and was seemingly ineffective. Maybe DT suits him better and that’s Sark’s thinking I guess

he was listed as a DT at Arizona. he was listed as a DT at UCLA on their depth chart.

last game of the season for Arizona: listed as a DT

image.thumb.png.6c87307f7ccb9ffe509d27fad3a2e4ad.png

6th game of the season: listed as a DT:

image.thumb.png.e40708490cc70ff377cff146ebeba84c.png

1st game of the season: listed as a DT

image.png.d402d232b65d044bb0aca27b4e4efd6d.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Helobious said:

and now I know he's going to win the Outland Trophy next year

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

he was listed as a DT at Arizona. he was listed as a DT at UCLA on their depth chart.

last game of the season for Arizona: listed as a DT

image.thumb.png.6c87307f7ccb9ffe509d27fad3a2e4ad.png

6th game of the season: listed as a DT:

image.thumb.png.e40708490cc70ff377cff146ebeba84c.png

1st game of the season: listed as a DT

image.png.d402d232b65d044bb0aca27b4e4efd6d.png

I googled him and had seen some photos of him lining up at what looked like end. Admittedly not the most scientific approach I guess. 

29 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

The funniest thing about this is so many people groaned when we lost Trill Carter and he only had 9 tackles all season.

People aren’t even using the stupid measurement consistently.

• Hook 'Em 2

Forget it, he's futureman'ing.

Kinda hack really to essentially steal another poster's jokes/bit/posting "style".

Petition to change his username to Helobious Mencia.

Edited by hookemATL
to keep on topic: happy to have another polynesian dude on the roster
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I googled him and had seen some photos of him lining up at what looked like end. Admittedly not the most scientific approach I guess. 

man, idk what to tell you.

GIS results for a position player is literally as far from scientific as you can get.

searching for his name, his name and arizona and his name with UCLA and the only image i see that looks like he is an end is this one:

image.thumb.png.bf5f97a402f550c2df8867b4f5243f15.png

which isn't him, his UCLA # was #98

image.png.f0e653b5df21953e7bfefd67c0fc53a0.png

it's some LB/EDGE dude

image.png.27b2f9d557eb1e8ebc1452b888b8dc3c.png

idk what to tell you. but you running to make a comment about how a guy is a miss and played a position based on a GIS result is just...so you.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.