2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The surprise transfer visit could be Jardin Gilbert. 

Good safety that was thought to be a lock to LSU. First come first serve between Makuba and Gilbert? 

Mukuba is being recruited for the star/nickel from what Bobby as said. Taking that role plus a Gilbert type at one of the safety positions wouldn't overlap.

Also it's Walter Nolen until it's not! lol

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

That's pretty funny, in a way.

"If Walter comes to A&M, we'll buy y'all a house"

"Why the fuck would we want a house in a shithole like College Station?"

"No, no, no. We'll buy you a house in The Woodlands. It's close enough but not a dump."

"Oh, OK, that makes way more sense."

Wrong. Its Houston, it's all a fucking dump.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

When you offer a guy ... and the first post is the question below ... and it's not rhetorical ... 

image.thumb.png.fd231a6db5f47150c601496ced8c1c48.png

For reference Tucker-Dorsey at James Madison before coming to Texas had 116 tackles 2.5 sacks and 4 INTs on a 12 win team. This kid had half that on an 8-5 team. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean it's almost too much right now. We're in the playoff, OU fans are complaining about other teams tampering and paying players, A&M is begging mediocre FCS type players to transfer in while in the midst of a complete program implosion brought about by exactly what we have been saying would bring it about. I'd be worried we are going to have to pay the piper down the road but I think we prepaid from 2010-2022.

Has anyone done a wellness check on @Ghost of LL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AugieBall said:

This.  Wherever Nolan goes, he will be expensive.  And if you want to build and maintain a winning culture,  the team needs to see guys getting paid for doing things the right way.  

Worthy is expensive,  but he works hard, plays hurt (even when he shouldn't), and produces on the field.  Bijan Robinson was the same.

If the team sees expensive players taking plays off, or running off the field every other play, what motivation do they have to do things the right way? The right way is hard, and painful.  Being soft is a lot easier. 

By all means, we should pay up for warriors.   Pussies like Nolan can get fucked.  

100% agree. This is spot on.

Also, username checks out.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

13 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Yes they are. My gf is a gorgeous Dutch woman. The Dutch women and the women from the Baltics (Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia) are tied for the most beautiful women per capita on the planet. I think Riga, Latvia has the most insanely amount of gorgeous women per capita but Vilnius, Talinn, Amsterdam etc... are right there. 

Shits borked.  Pics aren’t loading 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Now that I think about it, 22 years is long enough for us to get an update or sequel to this classic: 

https://www.hornfans.com/threads/do-we-realize-how-good-weve-got-it.325/

If only @SydneyCarton could help us find that horndfl fella.

Asked him what he was up to, got this weird non sequiter resposne:

Consumed by Star Wars Feelings — Darth Vader vol. 3 #1 (2020) | Greg Pak &  Raffaele...

Honestly, par for the course for that guy. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby mentioned something on the OTF Live today that Texas may just take Golden and go all in on Ryan Williams or something of that sort.

Seems to verify what we were talking about yesterday. 

They view all these WRs to be a similar mold. There's no need to take 2 of the same type WRs. I bet this changes though if a big time down the field threat type WR enters the portal. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Seems to verify what we were talking about yesterday. 

They view all these WRs to be a similar mold. There's no need to take 2 of the same type WRs. I bet this changes though if a big time down the field threat type WR enters the portal. 

Doesn't Golden have a spotty injury history? Seems like taking someone similar to him might not be the worst idea.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Who Is This Guy?
2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I remember in 2021, OU had lost a key WR to an arrest or injury or some such during spring ball, and two days later Mike Woods from Arkansas was magically in the portal and was in Norman shortly after.

I remember when Joe Mixon shattered a girl's face and OU protected him and let him redshirt rather than punishing him. Fuck OU.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

Huh - didn't see anything public from the IT guys (may have missed it ... )

in case you missed it, on texas football != inside texas anymore. they split Bobby off and Gerry is now exclusively at the corporate on3 level vs the IT level (although he still posts at IT i think)

9 minutes ago, Yesh said:

Has there been any discussion about what percentage of quality players will portal now vs in the spring?  You would think the majority would be now, but maybe there are guys who will wait because they are close to graduating?

Get through bowl games, maybe graduate, or maybe get passed up in the spring by an early enrollee or portal player. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.