Paxton is Investigating Dell Children's Medical Center Over "Gender Transitioning Procedures" for Minors

atomheartbevo

Yeah Crazy Eyes, fuck around with the Dell folks.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/ag-paxton-to-investigate-dell-childrens-medical-center-cites-reports-of-hospital-providing-gender-affirming-care-to-minors/

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced an investigation Friday to “uncover whether ‘gender transitioning’ procedures were unlawfully performed on minor children” at Dell Children’s Medical Center in Austin.

“It is now alarmingly common for fringe activists to use their positions in medicine and health care to force experimental, life-altering procedures onto children,” Paxton said in a press release, “Across the country, there are doctors and health care professionals who appear willing to sacrifice the long-term health of American children, all in service to the increasingly dangerous fad of ‘transgender’ extremism. It is deeply disturbing, and there is no place for it in Texas. Along these lines, there have been a number of recent reports about potentially illegal activity at Dell Children’s Medical Center, and this investigation aims to uncover the truth.”  

The hospital responded in a post on Twitter, saying that the hospital takes Paxton’s allegations seriously and that it prohibits surgery and hormone therapy for the treatment of gender dysphoria in minors.

“We are conducting a thorough review of this situation,” the statement reads, “To the extent that care provided at our clinic may have been inconsistent with our organization’s position on this important issue, we intend to take appropriate action.”

KXAN has also reached out to Ascension Seton, who runs Dell Children’s Medical Center, with questions.

The request does not use the term “gender transitioning procedures.” It does ask the hospital for information about “gender-affirming care,” defining it as “any treatment, including any ranging from surgery to speech therapy, which supports a person in their gender transition.” Beyond that definition, it does not specify any treatments.

The provided documents are due by June 4, and will then be examined by the agency to determine if any laws were broken. Currently, gender-affirming care for minors is legal in Texas.

Yeah, Seton?  That totally left wing, trans loving hospital group?  No, Ken.

did he have a staffer even google Seton?  Were it up to seton, they’d only offer childbirth services and dog bites.  

$50 says this is because the head of the seton foundation left the GOP and has been extremely critical of Paxton and has some serious dirt on him.  

I’ve been watching the Paradise Lost documentary series on HBO - a gruesome murder of three young boys behind a truck stop results in three teenagers who wear black and listen to metal having their lives thrown away because the police/community/etc are hysterical about satanism. Trans is the new satanism, jtfc

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, safe sex said:

(They aren't)

You sure about that?

This is the video that seems to have triggered the whole thing.  Is this a staged video with actors?  Is the clip from Dell really from somewhere else?  Is the Dell Clip taken completely out of context?  Or should it just be categorically rejected because of the source?   Or is this actually legit? 

Based on the video, it doesn't seem unreasonable for an AG to ask some questions.

Edited by 0xdeadbeef
typo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 17

30 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Or should it just be categorically rejected because of the source? 

Yes? And don’t put a scorpion on your back. There have been several times people have asserted in these kinds of discussions that you shouldn’t simply reject information on the basis of its source, and that is a stupid assertion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

You sure about that?

This is the video that seems to have triggered the whole thing.  Is this a staged video with actors?  Is the clip from Dell really from somewhere else?  Is the Dell Clip taken completely out of context?  Or should it just be categorically rejected because of the source?   Or is this actually legit? 

Based on the video, it doesn't seem unreasonable for an AG to ask some questions.

Pretty simple.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

To be honest I haven’t looked around, but since when are “gender affirming procedures,” which I take to mean irreversible medical intervention, being done to minors?

Haircuts and wardrobe changes don’t count. 

You've never had speech therapy I see

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You've never had speech therapy I see

Wait, are stupid people now claiming there's transgender speech therapy?  My wife is an CCC-SLP and I'm just waiting for the next dumb fucking thing out of a parent's mouth on "Behalf" of their child.  She's had to tell more than one fucking moron over the years that "Yeah, your son's voice sounds feminine because he's only 7.  He's not trans and he's not Barry White, he's 7.  Your concern should be that he has the vocabulary of a 3 year old." 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Wait, are stupid people now claiming there's transgender speech therapy

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It does ask the hospital for information about “gender-affirming care,” defining it as “any treatment, including any ranging from surgery to speech therapy, which supports a person in their gender transition.”

Okay, well that's the dumbest fucking thing I'll read today and I read a blog by Brick Tamland's even more retarded gay niece from Brown.  

I missed that post.  What in the flying fuck is gender-affirming speech therapy?  Holy shit.  Now I gotta tell my wife and she and the other clinicians at their private practice are huddle on this and most of them have served in leadership in TSHA (Texas Speech Hearing Association) and ASHA.  If it was a thing already, she would have said something because they stay on top of statewide shit like this.  But I'm guessing, as of right now, they don't know it's coming.  

But as per usual, nobody can even describe the issue, let alone the inherently "bad" treatments BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST.

Jesus, we're fucking a week away from Critical Race Theory-based speech therapy being a thing, aren't we?  What in the flying fuck.  Only thing I'm more pissed at than this stupid shit is that I didn't see any of it coming.  For a literal living, I point out blindsides to funds, investors, and operators.  And I'm just the most naive fucking dumbass apparently.  

It's just voice training to deal with the permanent effect of vocal cords being lengthened and widened by puberty. No hard numbers of course, but I reckon it's up there with the worst causes of dysphoria for many trans women.

I'm sure there's vocal training for trans men, but I don't really know what that would entail. Most trans men get the voice they want by...going through male puberty on testosterone.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I get that, wife has talked about that before.  But it's usually part of an overall therapy case to just deal with the young person's uneasiness about their voice changing.

But outlawing it and coming after people like my wife and her coworkers for trying to help kids literally trying find their voice?  

Before sex, and gender, and treatments, and surgeries, and hormones, and drugs.  There's just basic communication.  If your child is prohibited from rudimentary speech, then their transitioning is way down the list of important.  Kids that can't properly communicate face far more issues than gender paranoia from their parents and the government.  This is so beyond fucked.  I didn't even think this was gonna be a thing.  Thanks for the nightmare fuel.  Good news is TSHA is one well-oiled machine filled lotsa boss fucking women ready to tangle and protect kids.  That's kinda their fucking jam.  

7 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

You sure about that?

For instance, Project Veritas, an alt-right group, has a track record of attacking movements through misleading editing of videos and through fabricated ...

16 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Wouldn't the puberty blockers they give gymnasts fall under this?  Or are they considered growth hormones, not transitioning ones?

I don’t know that they give puberty blockers to gymnasts. I would assume that is banned. A friend of mine has a daughter who is an elite gymnast on the cusp of national ranking.  He is an orthopedist as well and has not mentioned this as an issue. Most of the world class gymnasts have delayed onset of menses due to being very thin and adipose tissue is a trigger for puberty. 

If you want to learn about puberty blockers google precocious puberty. Usually due to inborn errors of metabolism 

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Bullneck said:
For instance, Project Veritas, an alt-right group, has a track record of attacking movements through misleading editing of videos and through fabricated ...

Not to mention the snips on that video were so obviously edited out of context that it should lack credibility offered by any partisan outfit, let alone a bunch of lying propagandists like PV.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, safe sex said:

Hooooooly fuck, even if puberty blockers are being given, that is a recognized, accepted, and recommended treatment for gender dysphoria by pretty much every legit medical association.

Every medical association is totally woke fwiw 

• Fuck You 16

30 minutes ago, naija said:

it's only a matter of time before a doctor gets shot over this at a children's hospital. death threats at CHOP in Philly and Lurie in Chicago

And boston

22 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

Every medical association is totally woke fwiw 

Define woke

12 hours ago, safe sex said:

Hooooooly fuck, even if puberty blockers are being given, that is a recognized, accepted, and recommended treatment for gender dysphoria by pretty much every legit medical association.

This is misinformation. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2