2025 QB KJ Lacey

Getafix

24 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

No.  They didn't even know that Sark and Milwee were focused on him. 

I doubt anyone would know as it’s extremely early and it seems he probably killed it in camp.  From that they said, pretty sure Sark and one of the staff have a long relationship with him from their time in Bama.  They mentioned Sark hadn’t even offered anyone in state.  I’m excited about him.  He looks so much like Bryce Young to me but I have no damn idea.  

7 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Fwiw the IT guys, are very boned up about this. Not stuff they posted on the boards just side texts, they are very hyped

You knew commas were needed, now just focus a bit on where they go. 

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

He’s already bigger than the recent #1 overall pick in the draft/former Heisman winner, and its not hard to see similar traits. And I had no awareness of his HS teammate and #1 target Ryan Williams, who’s allegedly a better college prospect. I watched a 4:50 Hudl, and I’m pretty sure I never saw him tackled once. Fellow sophomore, Bama commit, and they allegedly want to play together in college. (OK, because I don’t want to be an asshole, here’s a link to Williams’ tape.)

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/14986612/6390be2cd21ae40d38a66bf7

Williams is the Bama commit whose dad played at Auburn? Texas a potential middle ground team?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

You know who DID speak well? Tom Brady.

Advantage: the well-spoken.

we're talking texas football here.  vince was a better college quarterback than tom brady by 1,000 miles.  advantage: the grammatically challenged.

• Hook 'Em 1

tenor.gif?itemid=14036282

I happened to know about the kid as I was listening to ND recruiting, by accident, radio a few weeks back. Those dudes thought they might have a shot at a true hidden gem.  On first impression, he does have the frame of Bryce Young and their game is similar, but KJ plays with more ease and swagger.   

Edited by RollLeft

On 6/3/2023 at 6:30 PM, Lou_Sassle said:

He's kind of a little bitty guy, no? With that being said... I'm a fucking idiot and what do I know? Fucking hook 'em!

He just turned 16 y/o in late January. Those highlights are of a 15 y/o tearing shit up.

He has a lot of growing and development left to to do.

Great pickup!!

• Hook 'Em 1

Watching his highlight, the kid has great footwork and pocket presence.  Has an extremely quick release.  He's going to end up a top 50 player nationally.  Not too many QBs with his tape at his age and he plays 6A ball in Bama so the competition isn't shitty either. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More from Brandon Huffman at the same event

Committed to Texas earlier this month and said he wanted to get others on board as soon as he can.

Said Sark’s quarterback development was a big part of his decision making process.

Loves the vibe in Austin and good relationship with the UT coaches.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...