Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

Thought of this thread when I went to Spec's for lunch. Ordered a chili dog for $3.50. Go to pick up my order and there are two. 

"Oh, did I order two?"
"No, but we're out of the normal dogs, so we are putting two in there now until we get the new shipment in."

It was delicious.

image.png.b57d0606f882502efb50a3a4599f1008.png

On 5/7/2021 at 2:28 PM, BabaYaga said:

Yep.

• Season and smoke as you would a brisket for about 3-4 hours
  • Then ddd to foil pan.  I add a rough cut onion and diced hatch chilis and a cup or so of beef broth and cover with foil
  • Smoke for another 3 hours +/- until it gets to around 200+
  • Pour out the broth/onin/pepper juices into another bowl to save
  • Chuck shreds like pulled pork, then put back over how ever much of the broth and peppers you want.

Served with those Hawaiin roles, diced pickles and onions, makes the best sandwiches.  I like it better than chopped brisket for sandwiches and it cooks in half the time for a fraction of the cost.  Every time I make it the kids and guests devour.  

Smoked chuck4.jpg

Since I usually cook for just two people I have stopped smoking brisket and just smoke prime chuck roasts and they turn out muy delicioso. Will definitely try this with the broth. Would make great Chicago beef sandwiches. 

Edited by Ten Bears
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Wait a minute. Spec's serves food? 

Best kept secret. Cheap and tasty. I used to get the shrimp poboy and up until about a year ago it was $5.99 and would easily serve two. Now I think it's $10. It's not the best poboy but pretty good.

One day they have half-off desserts, which are normally $4. So you can get a couple of pieces of cheesecake for $4.

We will go have lunch or dinner and fill up for under $20.

On 8/7/2023 at 12:41 PM, Hammerin Hank said:

In South Padre Island so lunch today is leftover pizza from D’Pizza Joint and leftover shrimp and fries from Dirty Al’s. Washing it down with a margarita on the rocks

IMG_4588.jpeg

God I love SPI.

Wife has these shitty gluten free tortillas I’m trying to get rid of. We had leftover venison ring bologna, bacon, and fried potatoes. I made a Parmesan, cheddar, and giardenara omelette and threw it along with the meat and potatoes onto said shitty tortilla and topped with kraut, salsa, and hot sauce

0b4c49d1bb874c2a7622afa150c617e6.jpg

fbb46b41240fbaf9f53fdf86dbc959b7.jpg

I’m pretty sure I just heard one of your farts here in texas.

Well-done.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Wife has these shitty gluten free tortillas I’m trying to get rid of. We had leftover venison ring bologna, bacon, and fried potatoes. I made a Parmesan, cheddar, and giardenara omelette and threw it along with the meat and potatoes onto said shitty tortilla and topped with kraut, salsa, and hot sauce

The innards look great but that tortilla looks as edible as that plate. Gluten is a critical part of the science of a tortilla.

12 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Bra-fucking-vo! The only thing missing is the kitchen sink. 

Bad marks for improper plating, I know. Fried Spam, Kraft cheese food slices, dill pickles on a sesame seed hamburger bun. That last pickle from the jar had a lot of skin but the crunch was satisfying.
IMG_1052.thumb.jpg.e840c2782138e71d8650584e234a3dc5.jpg

A few ear to my eye. The old man loved a spam sandwich. Usually cold out of the can with lots of that cansnot on it, a hunk of velveeta, miracle whip. Can’t say I ever cared for it. But he loved it.