2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

Fuk Rodgers, but everything he's saying sounds true based on what I've been bitching about for at least two years now. Dak does not suck, but I'm not going to even bother making that argument anymore, nobody hates the Cowboys QB more than Cowboys fans. I'll just say that Baker Mayfield is just the most recent example of a shitty QB that can win games with good coaching. I don't know yet if Jordan Love is any good, but he has good coaching, and anybody could have completed some of those passes when there wasn't a db within 5 yards. Even if Dak were average we'd have far more success if our dumbfuck coaches were actually coaching and finding ways to beat good defenses instead of just running the same shit over and over without midgame adjustments. Even if McCarthy is axed (the fact that we still don't know says all we need to know about Jerry's ineptitude), he'd just hire another oldhead or retread that nobody else wants and who will do the same shit. Who needs young innovative coaches who are running the league these days? Just do the same shit and hope it works. Fuck it all.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Fuk Rodgers, but everything he's saying sounds true based on what I've been bitching about for at least two years now. Dak does not suck, but I'm not going to even bother making that argument anymore, nobody hates the Cowboys QB more than Cowboys fans. I'll just say that Baker Mayfield is just the most recent example of a shitty QB that can win games with good coaching. I don't know yet if Jordan Love is any good, but he has good coaching, and anybody could have completed some of those passes when there wasn't a db within 5 yards. Even if Dak were average we'd have far more success if our dumbfuck coaches were actually coaching and finding ways to beat good defenses instead of just running the same shit over and over without midgame adjustments. Even if McCarthy is axed (the fact that we still don't know says all we need to know about Jerry's ineptitude), he'd just hire another oldhead or retread that nobody else wants and who will do the same shit. Who needs young innovative coaches who are running the league these days? Just do the same shit and hope it works. Fuck it all.

Any coach with balls would tell Jerry to get out of the way and cut it out with all the interviews and nonsense. So thats why coaches with balls dont get hired.

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Baker Mayfield has as many playoff wins as Dak Prescott.  Which also includes a win with the Cleveland Browns, who have 5 total playoff wins since the AFL/NFL merger 54 years ago.

But Dak is better than Lamar. I remember a certain bitch @Vic Mackey and others saying this dumb shit

• Haha 1

Yes. I don’t think he will insist on being the GM, and will actually hire a football guy for that role 

That would be Will McClay who is essentially the head of personnel. He turned down several GM interviews. He built a team with 9 pro bowlers.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yes. I don’t think he will insist on being the GM, and will actually hire a football guy for that role 

Same. I think Stephen will be a different kind of owner than Jerry.

14 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Don't know if you're wrong or right; but what indication of this future behavior have you seen?

If Stephen had that inclination, why wouldn't he have reasoned with Daddy to make that very decision yet?  I don't believe for a second that it is going to change.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Don't know if you're wrong or right; but what indication of this future behavior have you seen?

If Stephen had that inclination, why wouldn't he have reasoned with Daddy to make that very decision yet?  I don't believe for a second that it is going to change.

It's wishcasting.  Because the alternative is really hard to accept.

4 hours ago, slorch said:

He’s reasoned with Daddy enough to get Will Mcclay here and keep him here, and he’s the guy that is the GM in all but title. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Charlotte will be the president or CEO. She’s the real brains. I’ve met her. She’s Lorraine from Fargo but nice.

Whichever one takes over will not meddle on the football side as much as Jerry does.

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Whichever one takes over will not meddle on the football side as much as Jerry does.

Man I hope so but I’ll believe it when I see it. Does Stephen work any of the other family businesses or does he just dick around the Star all day?

I accepted reality a few years ago. The Cowboys are nothing more than the Jones family's playground. I still watch the games from time to time but I dont follow the team or have any real kind of emotional stake. I mostly just have nostalgia from being a kid and watching the super bowls but I've moved on. The only hope for cowboys fans is for Jerry to make a sudden trip to lower heaven and for Stephen to decide he's too busy being a fat boob to try to GM the hell outta this team. 

54 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He’s reasoned with Daddy enough to get Will Mcclay here and keep him here, and he’s the guy that is the GM in all but title. 

so almost sort of.

mkay...

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Man I hope so but I’ll believe it when I see it. Does Stephen work any of the other family businesses or does he just dick around the Star all day?

I mean what would you do if you were lil stevie?

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Hopefully she does the franchise equivalent of hiring the smart cop who will kick out the bums.  Or plot lines to that effect.

Kurt Warner does awesome breakdowns.  He's got some great insight on Dak's INTs and shows why McCarthy is a fuckin' idiot and why Dallas' offense was so inept.  

We have had bad routes, terrible we coaching, and morons for WRs since Garrett if not further back. Fire them all.
  • Hook 'Em 1