The Big 12 is fucking awful

GreenspointTexas

10 hours ago, Bookman said:

Holy shit, Houston, Cincinnati, and UCF are in the Big XII?

Yes, the Big 12 has reconstituted itself by combining the bottom six of the SWC (less Rice and SMU), the bottom six of the Big 8, three perennial MW-CUSA teams (UCF, Cinc, and BYU), and the last three teams allowed in the PAC. They are staking their claim as the third best conference. 

The PAC is good this year. Arizona, Colorado and ASU are not. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, FartingDreamer said:

I'm pretty sure y'all say the same thing each time facing Kansas State.

That would have been a great retort 7 years ago (the last time Kansas State beat Texas).

edit:  I see a lot of others have pointed out the same thing.

Edited by Paul Wesley
  • Hook 'Em 3

This BYU team has issues for sure (horrid run game for one, despite a promising freshman RB that took over the starting role in game 2), but we will be a tough out. We are overperforming vs expectations coming into this season. This does seem to be a pretty good Texas team, so I anticipate a loss here. Kinda wish you left the Big 12 before we joined so we could hold scoreboard over your heads, but you will probably avenge your recent losses to BYU. I hope you do overlook us. Don't think Sark will though. 

50 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Boy, that's a lot of FS1 when Texas and OU have the weekend off.

I hope Yormark gets a good, long gander at that.  Next year will feature 13 weeks of those ho-hum matchups with regional (at best) interest.  That's your future, asshole.

Imagine generating half the fucking revenue for a league where the rest of the schools don't merit a worthwhile TV slot on their own, and then having that league's commissioner openly mock and root against you year after year... 

Someone should start a thread and call it "The Big 12 is fucking awful."

Edited by Paul Wesley
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, mdmost said:

FS1 seems to be our (K-State) home channel. That’s ok with me. Until the conference realignment discussions started, I didn’t realize the absolute gap in viewership between Texas and everyone else. Even though my entire half of Kansas shuts down to watch a good K-State game, half of Kansas is….still not a lot of people. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul Wesley said:

I hope Yormark gets a good, long gander at that.  Next year will feature 13 weeks of those ho-hum matchups with regional (at best) interest.  That's your future, asshole.

Imagine generating half the fucking revenue for a league where the rest of the schools don't merit a worthwhile TV slot on their own, and then having that league's commissioner openly mock and root against you year after year... 

Someone should start a thread and call it "The Big 12 is fucking awful."

Big 12 will be fine and has a bright future...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck You 10

34 minutes ago, FartingDreamer said:

Her are UT’s 2023 game channels, in order- Fox, ESPN, LHN, ABC, ABC, and next week, ABC (ESPN Gameday). 

So, the good news for the B12 is that those major network appearances will be shared by the IR8 and the eight newbies next year. 😂

52 minutes ago, FartingDreamer said:

Yeah, no one outside of your regional footprint cares about any of the left-behinds.  The only game featuring a Big 12 team most of the country will see is when your one playoff team gets the 65-7 TCU treatment.  After about 3 years of this, you'll all be lucky to scrape together some leftover 3-stars.  Also, Joseph Smith was full of shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, statsman said:

Yes, the Big 12 has reconstituted itself by combining the bottom six of the SWC (less Rice and SMU), the bottom six of the Big 8, three perennial MW-CUSA teams (UCF, Cinc, and BYU), and the last three teams allowed in the PAC. They are staking their claim as the third best conference. 

The PAC is good this year. Arizona, Colorado and ASU are not. 

"The Bottom 12" has a good ring to it.

6 hours ago, mdmost said:

Does anybody have the number from the Cincy - BYU game on Friday night. Big 12 better own that window or it’s going to be an even tougher ride than most of us expected. 

I think they’re going to need occasional bone from FOX on their Big Noon locations. 

31 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Does anybody have the number from the Cincy - BYU game on Friday night. Big 12 better own that window or it’s going to be an even tougher ride than most of us expected. 

I think they’re going to need occasional bone from FOX on their Big Noon locations. 

Should come out tomorrow here: https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

3 hours ago, statsman said:

Her are UT’s 2023 game channels, in order- Fox, ESPN, LHN, ABC, ABC, and next week, ABC (ESPN Gameday). 

So, the good news for the B12 is that those major network appearances will be shared by the IR8 and the eight newbies next year. 😂

They get FOX’s 230 slot to themselves next year which is GREAT for the Big 12.

Currently they share ABC with 40 P5 teams (PAC12(12), B12(14), ACC(14)=40) but next year they’ll share with 49 teams (Big12(16), ACC(17), SEC(16)=49) and ABC will have access to broadcast SEC games for the first time (despite the overhype they are the ones that historically have the highest ratings most weekends).

ESPN this last weekend just put 3 SEC games in every available window on ESPN and put Texas on ABC in the 230 window. The only other teams were Clemson at the noon window and Notre Dame in prime time.

ESPN this upcoming weekend is a similar story. UT/OU on ABC at noon, FSU at 230, ND in prime time; SEC on ESPN noon and prime windows with a ranked UNC covering the 230.

Take away the ND away games and the the ACC gets about 1.5 games a week on ABC/ESPN and that’s with some bigger schools like FSU/Clemson.

Maybe with Colorado/Prime the new Big 12 can have a similar slotting but with FOX having their pick of top games as well, I think they’ll average around 1 game a week on ABC/ESPN not including Thu/Fri games nor late kicks for their Western members.

6 hours ago, FartingDreamer said:

I’m telling y’all, fatwa this clown. I haven’t expended the energy but he’s negging rando posts of mine. Fatwa. This. Clown. 

38 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Maybe with Colorado/Prime the new Big 12 can have a similar slotting but with FOX having their pick of top games as well, I think they’ll average around 1 game a week on ABC/ESPN not including Thu/Fri games nor late kicks for their Western members.

I don't think they're enough to consistently carry the slot on their own. If they were, they would be in the big 10. It's one thing if they are playing Nebraska or Oregon or USC, but nobody is going to give fuck one when they're playing Houston or Arizona. And  spare me the TCU example. I think that's a one off due to the first game of the prime era and tcu coming off a final appearance. That game will never again carry that kind of number. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/1/2023 at 10:10 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Your four wins were as follows:

1987: 7-5

1988: 4-7

2013: 8-5

2014: 6-7

Those are the records UT finished with in those seasons.

Congrats on consistently catching us at, shall we say, less than our best.

I don't think you'll have that luck this year.

To expand on that:

2013 win was against one of the worst DCs in Texas history and a performance that got him shitcanned.

2014 was against an offensive line that's comparable to this year's Baylor squad, Tyrone Swoopes' first start at QB, and Shaun fucking Watson calling the plays... Same offense that would later get shutout by KSU and put up 59 yards of offense in the Bowl game.

• Rage+1 2

22 hours ago, mdmost said:

Yeah.  I've been wanting to say this in the "left behind" thread everytime one of them says they will have a better shot at TV slots with TX/OU gone.  That's not how it works.  They are still competing with the 20 or so other P5 games that they always have been.

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I don’t see Aggy-Arkansas on that list. Thought that was a big time rivalry game 😂😂😂. Hell, you’ve got Oregon State and Utah on that list.

Arkansas/aggy was a Tier 3 game this year (comparable to Mizzou/Vandy) and was on the SEC Network which does not release its viewership data.

USC at Colorado 7.2 million
Kansas at Texas 3.3 million
Utah at Oregon St 1.2 million
Cincy at BYU 1.2 million (Friday)
Iowa St at Oklahoma 800k
WVU at TCU 700k
Baylor at UCF 300k
Houston at Tech 100k

Arizona and ASU on PAC 12 Network (unrated)

K State and Oklahoma St BYE

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

15 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I’m telling y’all, fatwa this clown. I haven’t expended the energy but he’s negging rando posts of mine. Fatwa. This. Clown. 

He's almost as bad as the derrel.  Going back weeks to neg rando posts of mine.  He must really be upset about that Kansas loss or something.  

14 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

He's almost as bad as the derrel.  Going back weeks to neg rando posts of mine.  He must really be upset about that Kansas loss or something.  

He’s been terrible since he’s been here.  Look at his goddamned profile pic  

image.gif.3ac6811c7b7b76441ff24e24b7bf2d68.gif

47 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

USC at Colorado 7.2 million
Kansas at Texas 3.3 million
Utah at Oregon St 1.2 million
Cincy at BYU 1.2 million (Friday)
Iowa St at Oklahoma 800k
WVU at TCU 700k
Baylor at UCF 300k
Houston at Tech 100k

Arizona and ASU on PAC 12 Network (unrated)

K State and Oklahoma St BYE

It’s hilarious to see one of the biggest MSAs in Houston give zero fucks about Coug High. 
Cracks me up. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1