Week 4, 2023: Texas @ Baylor

Wulaw Horn

Someone mentioned this a few days ago and it made sense when I heard it (even if I don’t agree with it). Apparently in college, spot of the ball can only be reviewed or challenged if it’s impacting a first down or change of possession. I guess they put that rule in place because if not teams would be challenging 1 yard differences on a 2nd and 8 vs 2nd and 7. Rulebook probably wasn’t created with the thought that a ref would miss a spot as badly as they did Saturday.
So that is why the ref said the play was not able to be challenged.

This makes no sense. If the refs aren’t fucking up the review should cost the coach. Its not like he has infinite challenges.

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

So, due to ennui, I subscribed to the crazy Baylor site that left 247 during the Briles scandal. These people are fucking nuts, but I'm only giving them one dollar for one week. 

I've spoilered a team injury update below. The net-net is that their big NT might be playing significant snaps this weekend. He's been out since the spring and they've been playing an undersized guy at NT in his stead. They also may be getting their starting CB back from injury.

Hide contents

SicEm365 Lead Recruiting Analyst and Co-Editor Grayson Grundhoefer provides insight into the Bears program heading into a key matchup against Texas.

- Baylor’s nose tackle position is finally starting to get healthy after some very unfortunate injury luck in the spring. JUCO lineman Jerrell Boykins was brought in to solidify the nose tackle position for this team during the 2023 season but he went down with a knee injury in the Green & Gold Game. The 6-foot-4, 330-pound prospect was expected to be a high level run stuffer the moment he stepped on the field and his sheer size will make a drastic impact for this team. Boykins practiced last week and this week but he is still getting his conditioning to the point where he can play a full amount of snaps. We will see how much of a workload he can handle but the good news is that he has been working towards this for a couple weeks now so he should be close. My expectation is that we get our first glimpse of him this Saturday.

Rapelor, Cougar High, and the other cockroaches from the former SWC pull this shit for the TEXAS game all the time: 

They'll practice good players all season in some other number (in case their supposed to be "hurt"), but not play them, not unveil them, until it's time to play the TEXAS game. Run the ringers out there that Texas has no recent video on.

I wonder if the "knee injury" was contrived/faked for this very purpose -- it's not like millions, if anyone, were watching their spring scrimmage.

The timing is *too perfect* to suspect otherwise. He would be key in stopping Texas run game, and just happens to get healthy for the TEXAS game?  Fucking yeah.... RIGHT!

There are no coincidences.

At this point, I expect all of Cougar High's running backs and wide receivers to likewise be coated in cooking-oil for their game with TEXAS like Chuck Weatherspoon was (and got away with it) during their chuck-and-duck days Andre under-Ware and David Klingler.  All the cheats and tricks get used now for these final shots at TEXAS.

Fuck Rapelor and their toilet-seat stadium, soon to be gathering cobwebs as this will be its final sellout!

Hook' Em!

• Haha 1

Looking forward to the start of our farewell tour of domination.  However, I'm in Europe for two weeks and will be trying to stream this thing in the middle of the night in Paris (#humblebrag).  I know it's on ABC so maybe that helps?  I've got a couple of fairly reliable sites bookmarked just in case, but I also may be checking here for tips if I get desperate.

52 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Looking forward to the start of our farewell tour of domination.  However, I'm in Europe for two weeks and will be trying to stream this thing in the middle of the night in Paris (#humblebrag).  I know it's on ABC so maybe that helps?  I've got a couple of fairly reliable sites bookmarked just in case, but I also may be checking here for tips if I get desperate.

Go to the game thread and someone will have a stream

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/18/2023 at 4:14 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

Lots of discussion in this thread about what an strange cat Aranda seems to be, in that "why do you appreciate everything so much" and "is he an average guy or a closet axe murderer" kind of way.

I've always enjoyed coaches who are outside of the normal mold and seem like they have no business in the profession.

That said, this guy comes across as equally ill fitted to college coaching as Mike Leach, only without any of the interesting or endearing qualities.

Not hard to imagine why he struggles to get a team fired up and build a culture.  I nearly fell asleep listening to him talk about likely the biggest game he'll play this season.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Dvoracek is a shockingly even-handed announcer about Texas. Far better than Brando giving the other team a handjob from the box every time he calls our games.

I agree.  I think he's shockingly decent.  There were enough indicators that he was a complete meathead, that I am surprised at how decent he is.  Demonstrates the redemptive power of recovery from alcoholism, methinks.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I agree.  I think he's shockingly decent.  There were enough indicators that he was a complete meathead, that I am surprised at how decent he is.  Demonstrates the redemptive power of recovery from alcoholism, methinks.

Yep.  Got to give him credit.  When he was a roided up and raging drunk he was a violent sociopath.  Now he seems to have conquered those demons and turned into a good person.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Yep.  Got to give him credit.  When he was a roided up and raging drunk he was a violent sociopath.  Now he seems to have conquered those demons and turned into a good person.

I don’t know if he’s a good person or not, but he is excellent on XM84 and a quality tv analyst. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t know if he’s a good person or not, but he is excellent on XM84 and a quality tv analyst. 

Maybe I should have said productive person as I also have no ide whether he is a good person.  He has not had any public incidents of violence or drunkenness in about 15 years.  So it appears he has turned a corner.  In high school and college he was a violent menace. He is a smart guy, and I also like listening to him.

He was basically Lattimer from The Program when he was at OU.  OU managed to use his third or fourth incident of roid and booze fueled aggravated assault where he put his friend in a coma to swindle another year of eligibility (medical redshirt) because they were paper thin at DT.  Dvoracek kept up his drunken antics for a few years and then later got clean.  Don't let OU fans try and bullshit you that Stoops and that program had anything to do with it.  He was still a violent drunk asshole who terrorized Norman after he got his medical redshirt and fourth chance.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Maybe I should have said productive person as I also have no ide whether he is a good person.  He has not had any public incidents of violence or drunkenness in about 15 years.  So it appears he has turned a corner.  In high school and college he was a violent menace. He is a smart guy, and I also like listening to him.

He was basically Lattimer from The Program when he was at OU.  OU managed to use his third or fourth incident of roid and booze fueled aggravated assault where he put his friend in a coma to swindle another year of eligibility (medical redshirt) because they were paper thin at DT.  Dvoracek kept up his drunken antics for a few years and then later got clean.  Don't let OU fans try and bullshit you that Stoops and that program had anything to do with it.  He was still a violent drunk asshole who terrorized Norman after he got his medical redshirt and fourth chance.

Dvorcek is a very lucky man.  He received many more chances than most humans get given the things he did.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Dvoracek is a shockingly even-handed announcer about Texas. Far better than Brando giving the other team a handjob from the box every time he calls our games.

Yeah he's honestly not a bad color commentator.

20 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Rumor per Bobby Burton, Baylor might start this guy who passes better...

Screenshot_20230923-102623_kindlephoto-8799509.thumb.png.0405d38e9745a00b0926d744ec715f6d.png

Baylor trying to wrok the backup QB angle when the regular backup no longer qualifies. Brilliant.

This Martinez kid is an undersized transfer from Northern Arizona. Looks like he threw 5 balls for them the other game. His numbers last season in FCS weren't good - shitty Y/A and 16 TDs to 8 picks.

If we lose to this kid tonight just shut the fucking program down. Seriously. There is no excuse for our D to not seriously fuck his weekend up.

Dvorcek is surprisingly good on XM84. He's light years beyond that moron Gabe Ikert, and the morning dude (Ari something) truly has a hard-on for anything anti-Texas. So yeah, not disappointed he got the call for this game. He's been in our corner even before this season started. He should do a good job on the telecast. 

Still, he's a dirty fucking sooner and he needs to be beaten mercilessly. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Dvorcek is surprisingly good on XM84. He's light years beyond that moron Gabe Ikert, and the morning dude (Ari something) truly has a hard-on for anything anti-Texas. So yeah, not disappointed he got the call for this game. He's been in our corner even before this season started. He should do a good job on the telecast. 

Can someone jog my memory?  Was Dvorcek the white DL who almost beat a guy to death or the one that attacked his girlfriend with a screwdriver?  I always get those two confused.

Edited by conVINCEd

13 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

He's been good in the Texas games he has called as well. Much better than that fuck stain Tim Brando.

I can agree with this, especially the last part. Preferably bludgeoned with Bobby Stoops bag o' dicks.

I listen to the Dusty and Danny Show every morning. Even though Dusty is a dirt burgler, he does bring fair insight on Texas, and frankly is pro-Horns, except for State Fair day.

Hook’em!!!