Week 4, 2023: Texas @ Baylor

Wulaw Horn

Definitely an interesting start to the year. Both G5 opponents have P5 wins, and the three opponents are 2-0 in games against not Texas. 

Think inconsistencies still are a problem as we are young as some key positions (RB, RG, whatever position Hill is playing). However, this season seems like everyone is going through some growing pains, so time to hopefully see week by week improvement. 

All that said, Baylor is probably the worst opponent we’ve played all year. We tend to play down to opponents, so who knows how we’ll respond on the road against a team that really doesn’t like us. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Babers will talk all week about how the Texas OL really struggles blocking baylor's pass rush from their "Amoeba Fronts" 

Can not wait to be done with that "shitshow school on the brazos"

Just Win next Saturday Texas, and get the hell out of waco as fast as you can...  🤘

• Hook 'Em 5

35 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Baylor is complete garbage, like convincing argument they’ll be the worst team Texas has played to date terrible.

Texas has legitimate issues and this game is no doubt Baylor’s season at this point; even so, a 2+ score win should be the expectation. Baylor is just that bad. Anything less and it’s hard to be optimistic about Texas doing what it needs to in conference play.

Also on the happy to never play Baylor again train. They are really the only B12 team I strongly feel that for. Shit program, shit institution, shit fans.

I concur 

Baylor's talent is way down, and I am not convinced that their QB is going to be back this week off of the MCL.  Aranda is great with scheme, but I don't think  that their defense is even as good as Wyoming personnel wise. I want to mash these motherfuckers into the ground and wipe our feet on them on the way out.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• Wulaw Horn changed the title to Week 4, 2023: Texas @ Baylor
1 hour ago, BornOrange said:

We don't hate Rice and Wyoming, and they don't hate us.

Fuck the rest of our schedule.

I would bet that Bohls hates Texas. He is a Nebraska guy. Played there and coached there from '95-'02. We own his ass. 

Wonder why Nebraska never went after him..

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Baylor's talent is way down, and I am not convinced that their QB is going to be back this week off of the MCL.  Aranda is great with scheme, but I am don't yhink  that their defense is even as good as Wyoming personnel wise. I want to mash these motherfuckers into the ground and wipe our feet on them on the way out.

well, fuck that means he will play and wear a knee brace.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I would bet that Bohls hates Texas. He is a Nebraska guy. Played there and coached there from '95-'02. We own his ass. 

Wonder why Nebraska never went after him..

Seemed like I heard his name tossed around last year as a possibility after they shitcanned Frost.  But I guess they were more jazzed about hiring Rhule.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Baylor is complete garbage, like convincing argument they’ll be the worst team Texas has played to date terrible.

Texas has legitimate issues and this game is no doubt Baylor’s season at this point; even so, a 2+ score win should be the expectation. Baylor is just that bad. Anything less and it’s hard to be optimistic about Texas doing what it needs to in conference play.

Also on the happy to never play Baylor again train. They are really the only B12 team I strongly feel that for. Shit program, shit institution, shit fans.

You are looking for something to cling on to in order to support your idea we are going 8-4?  I don’t believe you. 

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I know Baylor is coming up, but I just realized that with LHN shutting down, what in the hell are we supposed to do about having Bevo on the TV during Christmas Day? I’m panicking. 

One more Xmas and you are ok. 
I would suggest dvr it and watch it forever. You won’t watch it enough to remember. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Will need to keep up with the strong 4th quarter play. I imagine it’s a one 6-9 point kind of game.  20-13 or something. Until we show we can move the ball at will against a D putting guys over the top I won’t believe we will, and I’m certain Baylor will mimic Wyoming’s D approach. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces