Week 4, 2023: Texas @ Baylor

Wulaw Horn

6 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

No clue. I know the buyout went up substantially when they extended the contract in 2021. Aranda's gone from the penthouse to the shithouse faster than any coach I've seen that didn't pull a Briles or Tucker. 

Gene Chizik does exist 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

No clue. I know the buyout went up substantially when they extended the contract in 2021. Aranda's gone from the penthouse to the shithouse faster than any coach I've seen that didn't pull a Briles or Tucker. 

I hate the private institution bullshit a school like baylor gets to hide behind... no pun intended.

Dave Aranda's contract extension is finalized through 2029

Baylor University and head football coach Dave Aranda have finalized a contract extension, Vice President and Director of Athletics Mack B. Rhoades IV announced Tuesday. The new deal results in an extension through 2029. As a private institution, Baylor does not disclose specific contract terms.

https://247sports.com/college/baylor/Article/Dave-Arandas-contract-extension-is-finalized-through-2029-182894386/

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I hate the private institution bullshit a school like baylor gets to hide behind... no pun intended.

Baylor University and head football coach Dave Aranda have finalized a contract extension, Vice President and Director of Athletics Mack B. Rhoades IV announced Tuesday. The new deal results in an extension through 2029. As a private institution, Baylor does not disclose specific contract terms.

https://247sports.com/college/baylor/Article/Dave-Arandas-contract-extension-is-finalized-through-2029-182894386/

That seems like a stupid decision. They gave him an extension after a 6-7 season?

Edit: nvm, it was after the 12-2 season. Either way, it's not going to work out like they hoped.

Edited by MuellerHorn

Feels like the writing is on the wall regarding Neyor. He’s frustrated, he’s a backup and he’s coming off a serious injury. The wind certainly seems to be blowing a certain direction.

It’s a blessing and a curse to basically only play 3 receivers. Your best guys get all the touches but the guys behind them are going to get very little playing time, which can suck some for the development of younger guys. You have to wait for your turn and get into the circle of trust. We are going to be replacing all 3 starters after this season so the opportunity will be there for Cook, Moore, Niblett, the incoming freshman and any transfers added. I guess Neyor could stick around and compete for a bigger role but I have a tough time seeing it.

Edited by Hookem2147

Neyor is going to have a difficult time getting on the field because teams are running a lot of zone against us due to the big play threat of Worthy, Mitchell, and Sanders. 

We don't need another big play/deep threat at WR in combination with Worthy and Mitchell. Somebody like Whittington, who is a blocker and possession receiver, is a better option with those 2. 

28 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Is Neyor healthy? Haven't seen him much this year. 

Bobby / Gerry said that while he's 'healthy' he's not fully recovered from the knee surgery (at least from what they saw/told in fall camp).  He's not cutting full speed - and he doesn't have the same explosion he had before the injury.

• Hook 'Em 1

Something I’ll worry more about after the season, but I have to think we will be portal shopping for another big name WR this offseason. Definitely think we have some talent with the young guys, especially Cook, but you gotta get some proven production in that room to help out the new QB in 2024. Especially considering we will be replacing Sanders as well at TE.

Around 8 scholarship receivers a year moving forward sounds right considering how Sark likes to deploy them. Don’t miss the days of Malcolm Epps taking away snaps from Collin Johnson.

22 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Bobby / Gerry said that while he's 'healthy' he's not fully recovered from the knee surgery (at least from what they saw/told in fall camp).  He's not cutting full speed - and he doesn't have the same explosion he had before the injury.

If that's the case, Neyor probably isn't even the first guy off the bench when Worthy or Mitchell need a breather.  Hope he sticks around 

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Important note: a Tuesday in February, 2022.

9 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Something I’ll worry more about after the season, but I have to think we will be portal shopping for another big name WR this offseason. Definitely think we have some talent with the young guys, especially Cook, but you gotta get some proven production in that room to help out the new QB in 2024. Especially considering we will be replacing Sanders as well at TE.

Around 8 scholarship receivers a year moving forward sounds right considering how Sark likes to deploy them. Don’t miss the days of Malcolm Epps taking away snaps from Collin Johnson.

We'll see how Worthy grades out. I don't think it's impossible he returns.