The Deion (Colorado) @ Oregon - ABC

mdmost

5 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
50 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:
Haven’t been able to watch the game but wow what an ass kicking. Did Colorado just no show or what?

OL and DL didn't show up at all.

I think they were just that physically overmatched. And you can’t really scheme around that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I'm sitting here with two Aggies who are saying the Aggies are going to go after Lanning.  I'm thinking that if Lanning does extremely well this year there's no way Phil Knight lets him go and I'd love to see the Aggies get into a bidding war with Phil Knight, whose net worth is ... 28.5 billion dollars. 

Lanning signed a 6 year, $45 million extension before the season.

1 hour ago, Vermin said:

I now understand why Oregon didn't call off the dogs.

Yeah, that's a bit like castrating a steer on the 50 yard line the day before your football game.  

But Lanning giving me Herman vibes with his brashness.  

Edited by Bullneck

2 hours ago, The Tres Leches said:

Lanning signed a 6 year, $45 million extension before the season.

And Phil Knight is certainly back filling Oregon’s delayed revenues for the Big 10.   I will say, Eugene is kinda a shit hole.  Not College Station, but it’s def not Bend. 

I like Deion’s confidence. If he can get this team to 9-3 and have a big offseason, this will all be forgotten. If USC pushes in his shit next week and he ends up 6-6 or worse, that transfer portal might not be as forgiving. Now that he’s popped the cherry on turning over your whole roster each year, the uniqueness of it will be gone.

Edited by Bateshorn

And Phil Knight is certainly back filling Oregon’s delayed revenues for the Big 10.   I will say, Eugene is kinda a shit hole.  Not College Station, but it’s def not Bend. 

I like Deion’s confidence. If he can get this team to 9-3 and have a big offseason, this will all be forgotten. If USC pushes in his shit next week and he ends up 6-6 or worse, that transfer portal might not be as forgiving. Now that he’s popped the cherry on turning over your whole roster each year, the uniqueness of it will be gone.

If Deion can get top recruits to Jackson State, he will most definitely recruit amongst the best this off-season, high school and the portal. I’m sure their NIL programs will be nicely funded too.

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

I've only been to Eugene once (for three days about 10 years ago) but I thought it looked like an awesome college town. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

All in all they're 1 or 2 games ahead of where I thought they'd be pre-season. I had the Nebraska as a toss up so had them at 1-3 or 2-2 at best. 

They're probably going to get their shit handed to them most of the rest of the season but instead of a 4 win max they look like a 6 win ceiling team now. Better than most thought preseason. 

Thing is now their resolve will be tested. Usually "all flash" dudes like Deion don't attract people to their orbit that handle adversity very well. We'll get to see how well he and his staff can manage the backslide after all the premature hype was thrown on them, and especially if they get blown out next Saturday too as predicted. 

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I've only been to Eugene once (for three days about 10 years ago) but I thought it looked like an awesome college town. 

UO is great, but the charm wears off pretty quick once it starts raining and you realize how much scuzzy meth life is right below the surface. 

All in all they're 1 or 2 games ahead of where I thought they'd be pre-season. I had the Nebraska as a toss up so had them at 1-3 or 2-2 at best. 
They're probably going to get their shit handed to them most of the rest of the season but instead of a 4 win max they look like a 6 win ceiling team now. Better than most thought preseason. 
Thing is now their resolve will be tested. Usually "all flash" dudes like Deion don't attract people to their orbit that handle adversity very well. We'll get to see how well he and his staff can manage the backslide after all the premature hype was thrown on them, and especially if they get blown out next Saturday too as predicted. 

Not like he didn’t bring in a roster full of guys that quit on their on teams or anything. They may bounce back and still be decent. They may get skull fucked the rest of the way. One this is for sure, he’s not gonna stop yapping no matter what.

16 hours ago, Vermin said:

Having your own son get smashed down 42-0 with 6 minutes left is...something. Prime is a narcissist sociopath.

What is it then when you lose one of your top offensive weapons likely for the year when you are up 6 scores late in the third? Lanning really showed the doubters lol. Beat that 3 TD underdog by 5 TD’s. 

eta Lanning is asking everyone to pray for the kid so that’s better

Edited by Sawbonz