Coach Sark Press Conference 9.25 - 11:00am LHN

BigOrange1

In celebration of the greatness that is "You look at...just all about the tradition".. Here is the list of postings from the Herman years - 2018

You look at the bye week over there and it’s just all about the tradition of feeling empty inside because there’s no Texas football to watch.

You look at Oklahoma over there and it's just all about the tradition that OU sucks. 

You look at Texas Tech over there and it's just all about the tradition of the whole town of Lubbock smelling like cow shit when the wind blows in the from the West.

You look at Kansas over there and it's just all about the tradition of David Booth Memorial Stadium only having artificial turf so I'm not sure what Les Miles is going to snack on next season. 

You look at West Virginia over there and it's just all about the tradition of them having the worst teeth in America because they drink nothing but Mountain Dew.

You just look at those Terrapins and it's all about us coming out and not stepping on our dicks, again. 

You look at Kansas State over there and it's just all about the tradition of Bill Snyder looking like Emperor Palpatine. 

You look at Tulsa over there and it's just all about the tradition of having a name that makes no sense given your geographic location. 

You look at USC over there and it's just all about the tradition of their band being a focal point at the end of the song "Tusk" by Fleetwood Mac. 

You look at Iowa State over there and it's all about the tradition of...hold on, let's all just stop and appreciate her again.

Iowa_State_Cheerleader.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I've never understood some of these questions. "Coach talk about the job that Leopold has done at Kansas."

The only way I'd care about that answer would be if he said something like "Honestly I'm not really impressed." 

I've always hated those "hey coach can you talk about...." type of questions. It would be funny if a coach just said "no. I can't."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I've never understood some of these questions. "Coach talk about the job that Leopold has done at Kansas."

"I could, but since I coach Texas, more relevant topics would be our practice focus this week and an injury update, so I'm gonna riff on those for a while.  You, and the rest of y'all reporter types, can go take a smoke break.  I'll drive this thing."

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The only way I'd care about that answer would be if he said something like "Honestly I'm not really impressed." 

Yep. The, "talk about..." approach has allowed lazy, stupid sportswriters to not even bother to try to think up an interesting question. "Coach, do you think your back-up QBs are getting enough work? Are you just trying to get Ewers more reps? What's the strategy there?"

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Coach Sark, can you give us your impressions of the job that Leopold has done at Kansas"?

"I'm sorry, I don't do impressions. My training is in coaching".

D79UZ2qU0AE1D85.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I've always hated those "hey coach can you talk about...." type of questions. It would be funny if a coach just said "no. I can't."

And then there's the post-game zinger...."Coach, how does it feel to beat Kansas by 35 to move to 5-0 headed into the game against Oklahoma?"

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

This entire thread is packed full of the kind of hard hitting information that makes Surly special. For those of us who couldn't listen to the press conference, reading this thread makes it seem as if we were actually in attendance. Well done Assholes!

You didn't miss anything. "Coach, Kansas is a state in America. Your thoughts?".

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

"I could, but since I coach Texas, more relevant topics would be our practice focus this week and an injury update, so I'm gonna riff on those for a while.  You, and the rest of y'all reporter types, can go take a smoke break.  I'll drive this thing."

I'm sure everybody knows this but some of those questions are writers/TV reporters gathering info for Kansas-centric stories that they'll be doing for later in the week as we get closer to the game. Are they lazily constructed? Perhaps, but they'll get Sark (or whoever) talking in the direction they need him to go for info for these articles. You want to do everything you can to avoid yes/no answers so sometimes you try and lead somebody somewhere. This is a better forum than the daily, post-practice scrum (assuming they still do those) that will almost 100% center around daily Texas football subjects.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Yep. The, "talk about..." approach has allowed lazy, stupid sportswriters to not even bother to try to think up an interesting question. "Coach, do you think your back-up QBs are getting enough work? Are you just trying to get Ewers more reps? What's the strategy there?"

My favorite has become the "talk about...." question but then the reporter goes ahead and gives the answer he wants to hear:

"Coach, can you talk about the changes Quinn's made to be a better leader like how he's lost a lot of weight, seems to be taking things much more seriously, has a better command at practice, generally seems to be having more fun, and understands the offense and the team's goals a little better. Can you talk about that?"

No. You just did. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

This entire thread is packed full of the kind of hard hitting information that makes Surly special. For those of us who couldn't listen to the press conference, reading this thread makes it seem as if we were actually in attendance. Well done Assholes!

dude.  kansas basketball cheer is a destination program.   and this thread delivers with actual fucking pics.

unlike all of the fuckers in attendance at actual games who deliver jack shit.   so the talent was out for wyoming....  how the fuck would we know since no one seems to be able to operate one of these newfangled 3rd-decade Cell Phones.....

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

"As someone who took a basement dweller and turned them into a decent team, I can tell you that it's not that hard. Hell, you don't even have to be sober most of the time. I mean honestly, how hard is it to be a better coach than Les fucking Miles? But by all means, keep fellating Leipold because he won a bunch of games at a D3."

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

RickJamesandLindaBlair(1).jpg.f45d9461e8d81b55d963f42a58869cdc.jpg

It's funny that you posted this picture because, during today's press conference, Sark told this story from the memoir of Rick James:

While staying at Stephen Stills’ place circa 1966, James woke up to find a young guy sitting cross-legged on the floor, “stoned as a motherfucker,” watching blood drip from his wrist, “saying things like ‘Isn’t the blood beautiful? Isn’t that the deepest red you’ve ever seen?'” Alarmed, James woke up Stills, who said, “Oh, fuck, he’s doing it again,” and bandaged the young man up. Which is how Rick James met Jim Morrison.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

"Coach, can you talk about the changes Quinn's made to be a better leader like how he's lost a lot of weight, seems to be taking things much more seriously, has a better command at practice, generally seems to be having more fun, and understands the offense and the team's goals a little better. Can you talk about that?"

That's the Bucky Godbolt Special, except he's less focused.

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

You want the Lane Kiffin press conference. Of course, the PC will be more entertaining than the game.