Jonathon Brooks is a Bad Mother Fucker

immamac

It happened right in front of me, they were working hard to get his pads on right before he went on the field.

4 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

You think Sark put him in because Brooks had decided to go pro?  I think Bobby button was saying a scout told him he’d go 3rd or 4th even with the injury.  I wouldn’t blame him either way

1000%

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

He's definitely going pro. RBs don't get shit these days and next season the backfield will be crowded with an improved Baxter, improved Blue, and Wisner needing some run. Then add in Gibson (if he signs) and the kid from AZ as talented true freshmen. This was Brooks year to stand out to get drafted and he did. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If he comes back next year and stays healthy, he could go first round like Bijan did. I think there’s a lot of upside to coming back

No matter when he plays again, He probably wouldn’t be 100% the entire season.  Would split time with at least Baxter.  Remember 4 months ago Sark decided that Baxter was better.  Baxter will be better and Brooks recovering.  Dude should take the money, get paid to rehab and thr nfl team wouldn’t expect much from him in 2024 except getting back to 100%

• Hook 'Em 3

On 12/7/2023 at 12:58 PM, dingleberryswitzer said:

No matter when he plays again, He probably wouldn’t be 100% the entire season.  Would split time with at least Baxter.  Remember 4 months ago Sark decided that Baxter was better.  Baxter will be better and Brooks recovering.  Dude should take the money, get paid to rehab and thr nfl team wouldn’t expect much from him in 2024 except getting back to 100%

I might be proven wrong but the RB room will hurt big time without Brooks next year.  Baxter didn’t break many tackles all season,  hopefully he changes that before next season.  We went from top in the nation to not great, here’s his YAC and yards per carry per game.  It was pretty frustrating watching him go down so easy most of the season.  

IMG_5102.png

Edited by Hook1997

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I might be proven wrong but the RB room will hurt big time without Brooks next year.  Baxter didn’t break many tackles all season,  hopefully he changes that before next season.  We went from top in the nation to not great, here’s his YAC and yards per carry per game.  

IMG_5102.png

Not terrible for a freshman… I just think the last 5 star RB spoiled us. Baxter operates well in the offense, he will just need to take that next step next year. No telling how beat up he really has been. This month of rest  might benefit him more than anyone on the team. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

Not terrible for a freshman… I just think the last 5 star RB spoiled us. Baxter operates well in the offense, he will just need to take that next step next year. No telling how beat up he really has been. This month of rest  might benefit him more than anyone on the team. 

I don’t think people understand the contact balance thing that all 3 bijan Roschon and Jonathon had as being elite. They all had more broken tackles per touch than any other backs in the country basically. That wasn’t an accident and CJ Baxter was definitely learning it and showing it the last 2 games. He found something in the 2nd half of the tech game. Going into next year I expect him to be much better in this regard. 

• Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I might be proven wrong but the RB room will hurt big time without Brooks next year.  Baxter didn’t break many tackles all season,  hopefully he changes that before next season.  We went from top in the nation to not great, here’s his YAC and yards per carry per game.  It was pretty frustrating watching him go down so easy most of the season.  

IMG_5102.png

I saw that stat on another thread, along with a highlight reel of Baxter’s carries, and in my eyes, he had way more YAC in that single reel than he was being credited for. I’m not saying he doesn’t need to improve, I just don’t get how his YAC were that low. 

• 4 weeks later...

Brooks is a stud and I wish him nothing but the best. Am I wrong in thinking this is probably best for both parties next year? 

Brooks likely wasn't going to be fully healthy to start next year and him returning likely would have scared off one of Blue or Baxter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

No doubt but probably not to start the season based on his injury. 
He won't be starting the season for an NFL team either. Not sure this is the best thing for JB since running backs are already devalued by the NFL and he won't be providing value right away to any team who drafts him.

Having said that, hookem JB! Thanks for helping us to achieve what we did this year
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, immamac said:

Like this. 1 of 2. Good luck ever finding one of these again. 

IMG_3806.jpeg

If that is signed on the coin holder, then doesn't that need to be inside another case to keep someone from rubbing off the signature?

Asking for some friends