2024 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

damn, has 2 of the fastest mofos in the game and still struggled vs UW.  /debbie downer (but serious question) 

...because X was hurt, UW was a deserving #2 in the nation, and our offensive numbers were still quite solid?

• Hook 'Em 4

Today's OL session starts at Noon on NFL Network.  

One of the best ways to improve your NFL team is finding quality OL players.  Gerry Hamilton mentioned that Christian Jones really helped improve his NFL draft stock at the Senior Bowl by showing he can move inside to guard.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Desean Jackson played 16 seasons in the NFL at 5-10 175. Xavier Worthy just measured 5’11 165.

5'11 165 is the equivalent of 153 or so at 5'10.

X is the size I was coming out of HS, but a lot faster.

He needs about 15 pounds.

49 minutes ago, Slacks said:

5'11 165 is the equivalent of 153 or so at 5'10.

X is the size I was coming out of HS, but a lot faster.

He needs about 15 pounds.

He’s been 165 since he stepped on campus. At this point, I don’t think it’s happening. 

1 hour ago, pacman said:

I heard the announcers agree, the story of the day was not only Worthy but the entire Texas football program.

$$ https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39623027/2024-nfl-combine-top-draft-prospects-workouts-risers-40-every-position

Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas: Worthy's combine-record 40-yard dash had Lucas Oil Stadium buzzing. The 5-foot-11, 165-pound receiver blazed down the sideline for a 4.21-second run, the best at the combine since at least 2003. It wasn't just his speed, though; his explosiveness was also on display. Worthy jumped 41.5 inches in the vertical and 10-foot-11 in the broad jump. I recently ranked him as my No. 35 overall prospect due to concerns about his frame, but record-setting speed will ease any concerns about his weight. He is one of the most electric players I've had the pleasure of scouting in person, and he has easily earned the right to be drafted in the first round to one lucky team. -- Miller

Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas: Mitchell's draft range improved after his impressive day, as he ran a 4.34-second 40-yard dash, posted a vertical of 39.5 inches and leaped 11-4 at 6-2 and 205 pounds in the broad jump. I put him at No. 38 overall in my most recent mock, but I'm not sure he'll make it there in the real draft. He's the fifth wide receiver since 2003 to run a 4.34 or better at 6-2 or taller, according to ESPN Stats & Info. Notably, all four of the previous players to hit those marks were drafted in the second round. But Mitchell's explosive speed, huge catch radius and 11 touchdown catches in 2023 should make him a first-round selection. I see him as a top-20 player in the class at this point. -- Miller

Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas: Sanders (6-foot-4, 245 pounds) opted not to do the jumping drills at the combine and turned in a 4.69-second run in the 40-yard dash. Where he impressed in the workouts, though, is also where he has impressed on tape: catching the ball and operating in space. Sanders showed off great arm extension and concentration on two clean runs during the gauntlet drill. He's more explosive in the short area than he is as a sprinter, which explains the slower 40 time. Sanders is my clear-cut TE2 with a Round 2 grade on tape. -- Miller

Byron Murphy II, DT, Texas: Murphy had a tremendous amount of hype coming into combine week, and he certainly lived up to expectations. His game revolves around explosiveness, and his burst and change-of-direction skills simply looked different from his counterparts. With Jer'Zhan Newton not participating, Murphy had a prime opportunity to prove he was the top interior defender in the draft -- and that's what he did in my eyes. His 4.87 time in the 40-yard dash and 33-inch vertical jump both ranked in the top three at the position Thursday. It's unlikely Murphy -- who measured at 297 pounds and just under 6-foot-1 -- gets outside the top 20, and he could go as high as No. 13 to the Raiders. -- Reid

T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas: Sweat weighed in at 366 pounds, which is the second heaviest defensive player measurement at the combine since 2003. Even at that size, he posted a 5.27-second run in the 40-yard dash. That's good for the second-fastest time by a defensive player at 350-plus pounds since 2003, according to ESPN Stats & Information. This event isn't catered to a traditional nose tackle like Sweat, but his movement ability, power and burst at a near-record size were impressive. He's not for every NFL team or scheme, but those that value a two-down run-stuffer with occasional bursts of pass-rush ability will likely find him available in early Round 2. -- Miller

Sounds like Becton is earning his money.

• Hook 'Em 2

The idea we went from 0 picks two years ago to potentially 9 this year is incredible.  And yes, Sark didn't recruit all of them, but his staff did develop them.  

And the fact that no one is shying away from Horns for being soft is another check for Sark and his change of culture. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Wonder if one reason for such a quality OL class is due to all of the older, more experienced players who received an extra year to play CFB due to Covid.  

• Hook 'Em 1

San Francisco and Green Bay in great shape to add more quality players to their rosters...

NFL Teams With Most Picks In The 2024 NFL Draft

As stated above, the 2024 NFL Draft begins on Thursday, April 25, 2024, and ends on Saturday, April 27, 2024.

Below, you will see the teams that have the most picks in the 2024 NFL Draft, with expected compensatory picks.

1. Arizona Cardinals (13 Picks)

The Arizona Cardinals will enter the 2024 NFL Draft with the most draft picks at 13.

After trading out of the third spot in last year’s draft, the Houston Texans gave Arizona future draft picks in this year’s draft, including a first-round pick (27th) and a third-round pick (90th).

That gives the Cardinals six picks inside the top 90, including the fourth overall pick.

What Arizona plans to do with that pick remains a mystery.

However, selecting the best wide receiver prospect in Marvin Harrison Jr. seems like the most logical selection for a team that does not need a quarterback.

Arizona being able to select Harrison Jr will depend on what the Patriots do with the third pick in the draft.

If QBs go 1-3, the Cardinals are in a prime spot to give Kyler Murray the best WR in the draft.

Marvin Harrison Jr has the upside to be an elite WR in the league.

Arizona can use the 27th pick to trade up in the draft if they like a player or trade down to accumulate more draft capital.

The Cardinals are in an excellent spot to boost their team.

2. San Francisco 49ers & Green Bay Packers (11 Picks)

The San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers are projected to each have 11 picks in the upcoming 2024 NFL Draft.

Green Bay will have the better picks as they will have two second-round picks (one from the Aaron Rodgers trade) and two third-round picks (one from the Rasul Douglas trade).

Green Bay should also gain three compensatory picks.

The Packers shocked the Cowboys in the NFC Wild Card round and stomped them.

They also played very well in the NFC Championship game against the 49ers, which they could have easily won.

Green Bay is an up-and-coming team that will just get better this offseason.
As for the 49ers, they will first pick at 31st and again at the end of the second round.

But they should gain four compensatory picks in this year’s draft, including an extra third-round pick with Jimmy Garoppolo leaving.

They also gained an extra fourth-round pick from the Cowboys in the Trey Lance trade this past season.

San Francisco made it to the Super Bowl last year and will have a lot of draft capital to boost their roster more.

3. Washington Commanders (Nine Total Picks)

Six of the nine draft picks the Commanders hold are top 105 picks.

They hold the number two overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Washington will likely draft a QB, most likely Jayden Daniels number two overall.

They also now have the draft capital to boost their team and help Daniels in his rookie season.

NFL Teams With Least Amount Of Picks In The 2024 NFL Draft

Now, we will get into the teams with the least amount of picks in the 2024 NFL Draft.

It is a four-way tie between teams with the least amount of draft picks in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Chicago Bears, Miami Dolphins, Carolina Panthers, & Denver Broncos (Six Picks)

All four of these teams are expected to have the fewest amount of draft picks in the 2024 NFL Draft, with six picks.

The Bears, however, are in the best spot with two picks in the top nine, including the number one overall pick.

After that selection, they won’t pick again until the third round because they sent a second-round pick to Washington in the Montez Sweat deal.

The Broncos (12th) and Dolphins (21st) still have their first-round picks, while the Panthers will first pick at 33rd after giving up their 2024 first-round pick in last year’s draft for quarterback Bryce Young.

All four of these teams are also not expected to gain any compensatory picks in the 2024 NFL Draft, which further explains why they might have the fewest draft picks.

https://thesportsdaily.com/news/which-teams-have-the-most-picks-in-the-2024-nfl-draft/#:~:text=NFL Teams With Most Picks In The 2024,... 3 3. Washington Commanders (Nine Total Picks)

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Wonder if one reason for such a quality OL class is due to all of the older, more experienced players who received an extra year to play CFB due to Covid.  

Most of these guys are 3rd or 4th years 

8 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

damn, has 2 of the fastest mofos in the game and still struggled vs UW.  /debbie downer (but serious question) 

It’s almost like we had a football game and not a track meet…

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

It’s almost like we had a football game and not a track meet…

Underwear Olympics aside, Texas had a badass roster.

According to the NFL Network reporter lady on the field at the combine:

Dallas Turner was so athletic. The outside linebacker out of Texas was so impressive.”

She didn’t really bathe herself in glory in her closing segment. 

16 hours ago, Fud said:

This is why the Cowboys are saying  “Goodbye” to Tyron Smith.

16 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Sounds like Becton is earning his money.

Did any of the players stay in Austin and train? 

Usually the players go to specialty training centers for a month or two to train specifically for the combine. 

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

According to the NFL Network reporter lady on the field at the combine:

Dallas Turner was so athletic. The outside linebacker out of Texas was so impressive.”

She didn’t really bathe herself in glory in her closing segment. 

He’s from the state of Texas, pedant. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

He’s from the state of Texas, pedant. 

When I saw that he was born in Florida, went to high school in Florida, and went to Alabama for college, I did not add “Texas” to his bio.

Apparently no one but you has either. 

Pedantic > Idiot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Turner

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 3

I think Mitchell improved his stock more than Worthy. Everyone expected Worthy to be fast (although not THAT fast). Mitchell throwing down a 4.34 at his size along with the rest of his performance probably makes him a definite first rounder. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This is why the Cowboys are saying  “Goodbye” to Tyron Smith.

Did any of the players stay in Austin and train? 

Usually the players go to specialty training centers for a month or two to train specifically for the combine. 

The ones I know trained in Dallas.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I think Mitchell improved his stock more than Worthy. Everyone expected Worthy to be fast (although not THAT fast). Mitchell throwing down a 4.34 at his size along with the rest of his performance probably makes him a definite first rounder. 

In 60% of the mock drafts, he’s a first rounder every time. 

• Haha 4

crikey sorry for the word salad. oof. 

not changing it.

I'm blaming it on watching draft gurus try to tell me that McCarthy improved his draft stock even though they didn't learn anything about him at the combine. Yes, that was an actual take.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Have to define "improved his stock more"

Worthy might have moved up 20 spots by running his 4.21 forty, while A.D. moved up only 5-10 spots. 

So Worthy probably improved his stock more... however, A.D. was expected and is likely to still be drafted earlier than Worthy.  😋

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

When I saw that he was born in Florida, went to high school in Florida, and went to Alabama for college, I did not add “Texas” to his bio.

Apparently no one but you has either. 

Pedantic > Idiot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Turner

Yeah but he’s named after a high school in Texas-RL Turner in the Dallas area. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1) Caleb Williams
2) Drake Maye
3) Trade- Atlanta- Jayden Daniels
4) Marvin Harrison Jr
5) Trade- Chicago- Rome Odunze
6) Malik Nabers
7) Trade- Minnesota- JJ McCarthy
'8) Trade- New England- Joe Alt
9) Trade- LAC- Taliese Fuaga
10) Olu Fashanu
11) Trade- Tennessee- JC Latham