2024 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

All that bullshit from those morons is going to end after this season. I can’t motherfucking wait for the last game of the regular season…

You really don't get aggy.

They will NEVER fucking shut up. We could shut them out five years running and they would still run their fucking mouths.

Stupidity is an endless resource in Collieville. 

• Hook 'Em 1

First I’m like damn we must a been good, then I remember semis in the CFP, wow. Then I think but 11 drafted? Then I remember we played to win at the end and had one play gone right the horns are in a favorable match up gainst Michigan. Double wow, we back baby?!

• Hook 'Em 4

Not talking college angle, but from he NFL angle…

WHICH NFL TEAMS DID THE BEST IN THE DRAFT?

My View:

Both of the Los Angeles teams and both of the Pennsylvania teams did really well. 

I think that several teams got a B grade, but the four above seem to deserve A grades. 

Who else?

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

One reason Rattler fell in draft...

Shows you how stupid people making NFL decisions are. 

I had never of it before right now, but I wouldn’t base a hiring decision on some promo doc from when someone was in high school. Then again, I will never be in that position. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

He’s also not very good at football.

That should be the main thing to consider along with how he has behaved since arriving in South Carolina. 

But they knew how good/bad he was, so there shouldn’t have been a “fall”. Just being drafted where his talent & position dictated.

I had never of it before right now, but I wouldn’t base a hiring decision on some promo doc from when someone was in high school. Then again, I will never be in that position. 
Lol! If you saw the show, you would understand. He was a complete D bag. I know people change, but I have a hard time after watching his parents support that type of behavior.

Tigers don't change their stripes, just their environment.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

How does your GM still have a job? And is he on some kind of bender? In the last few months he has:

1. Passed on Bill Belichick in favor of Raheem Morris

2. Gave Kirk Cousins $45mm/year, same as Mahomes makes

3. Despite 2, reached for a QB at 8th overall

4. Traded a 3rd rounder to move up 8 spots in the 2nd, then reached with that pick

Belichick sucks without Brady

Otherwise I got nothing 

49 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Lol! If you saw the show, you would understand. He was a complete D bag. I know people change, but I have a hard time after watching his parents support that type of behavior.

Like you, I believe people change. I can’t really say that I’m good at understanding the limits to that change with an individual, especially one I don’t know. 

That considered, it’s more than just that show to me. The guy almost got expelled from high school for getting caught fucking a girl in a bathroom. I know we’d like to think we’d take that shot if we could, but I don’t think that’s really true. Bad judgment. 

Bad judgment is also why he wound up at SCar with a middling college career. Dude can be a turnover machine. Riley had a better answer and went with that guy eventually. 

One of my friends whose opinion I, and countless others, hold in high regard when it comes to evaluating and following recruiting and college sports told me this of Rattler when I asked about him during that cycle: “I think he’s a fucking idiot and wouldn’t want him in my roster. His arm is great, but he’s got issues that everyone is choosing to ignore. “

He’s not always right, but he’s someone that puts in the work to be more right than most on these things. I asked him if he’d take him now as a GM. “Nope. “

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I watched the show when it came out.  He was basically Bo Callahan.  His own teammates hated him.  He was an ass to everyone.  Complete dick and perfect for OU was my final assessment.  Karma will always show her face and it was the last 3 days for Spencer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

You've never seen Spencer Rattler be a complete fucking selfish douche?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

Yep, and that attitude continued at OU where he alienated everyone. If he has been humbled st usc, maybe he will make it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

One reason Rattler fell in draft...

He is also still a front running cunt today. That and the fact that he kind of sucks is probably why he fell in the draft. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harvdog said:

I watched the show when it came out.  He was basically Bo Callahan.  His own teammates hated him.  He was an ass to everyone.  Complete dick and perfect for OU was my final assessment.  Karma will always show her face and it was the last 3 days for Spencer. 

If karma for entitled douchebaggery is getting drafted in the fifth round, then the universe appears to be rather forgiving of it.

2024NFLContractsbyDraftRound.thumb.jpg.f5f15082cf96ff7fb69952a2dc985714.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sith_horn said:

If karma for entitled douchebaggery is getting drafted in the fifth round, then the universe appears to be rather forgiving of it.

2024NFLContractsbyDraftRound.thumb.jpg.f5f15082cf96ff7fb69952a2dc985714.jpg

Pretty sure that those are 4yr totals and not fully guaranteed.

Crazy what Purdy signed for:

Screenshot_20240428-151103_kindlephoto-6644778.thumb.png.943b62a2a6af29611825265ebb1cff97.png

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

Well maybe Spencer and the Rattlers should have come clean on what he did to get kicked off the team.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/04/27/xavier-worthy-chiefs-locker-room-fans-jokes

Worthy came from one of the best locker room and football facilities to Mr F minus Clark Hunt’s directional school level shit facilities. He just finally added AC a year or two ago.

And two going to Carolina. If you recall Hard Knocks the Panthers place didn’t look as good as a Planet Fitness.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/04/27/xavier-worthy-chiefs-locker-room-fans-jokes

Worthy came from one of the best locker room and football facilities to Mr F minus Clark Hunt’s directional school level shit facilities. He just finally added AC a year or two ago.

And two going to Carolina. If you recall Hard Knocks the Panthers place didn’t look as good as a Planet Fitness.

NFL facilities have never been as good as college in modern times. Why is this even a thing?

18 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I know these guys live in a world that goes through money like shit through a goose, but a few mil SHOULD be able to set a smart person up for life.

It never does.  Maybe They're not smart.

12 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

NFL facilities have never been as good as college in modern times. Why is this even a thing?

The Hunt family wants the citizens of Missouri to buy them a new football stadium so they've been spending lots of money on media

20 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I know these guys live in a world that goes through money like shit through a goose, but a few mil SHOULD be able to set a smart person up for life.

It never does.  Maybe they're not smart.

The average NFL player plays 3.3 years.  For every guy that hits a second contract, many more wash out after a couple of years.  Once you figure in the agent, taxes, and living expenses, a player taken after the 2nd round would be lucky to have 2 million in the bank at the end of his rookie deal.  It's a nice nest egg, but if you're trying to live off of it the rest of your life, you're looking at about 60-80K a year (3-4% of 2 mil) to live on without touching your capital. If you get chosen in the first round or early second round, yes, that's life-changing money if you can hold onto it.  But everybody else, unless you hit that second contract, odds are you're going to need an income-producing career after the NFL to live a comfortable middle-class lifestyle.        

1 hour ago, bejezuz said:

The average NFL player plays 3.3 years.  For every guy that hits a second contract, many more wash out after a couple of years.  Once you figure in the agent, taxes, and living expenses, a player taken after the 2nd round would be lucky to have 2 million in the bank at the end of his rookie deal.  It's a nice nest egg, but if you're trying to live off of it the rest of your life, you're looking at about 60-80K a year (3-4% of 2 mil) to live on without touching your capital. If you get chosen in the first round or early second round, yes, that's life-changing money if you can hold onto it.  But everybody else, unless you hit that second contract, odds are you're going to need an income-producing career after the NFL to live a comfortable middle-class lifestyle.        

Not for nothing, but the NFL pension also vests after 3 years. I don't think it's much - maybe $50k/year - and you don't start drawing on it until you're much older, but it is another benefit to playing in the league even if you don't make it past your first contract.