Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

I want to watch that final series where they scored one more time because I couldn't understand what the hell was happening when I saw it in person. Then again, I don't hate myself enough to watch it. I've seen the replay of the blown assignment on the TD. Just horrible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Good
> Cotton Bowl atmosphere. Could barely hear loud speaker but heard 4-5 long Texas Fights without the aid of a DJ
> Quinn Ewers after 1st quarter. Dude was throwing dimes

Bad
> JT Sanders physicality. Was getting rag dolled. He should be dominant especially against DBs
> Officiating
> Pussy start to game. Credit Sark for making some ballsy 4th down calls to wake them up.

Ugly
> The Gooners
> Soft zones
> Red zones
> Not milking the clock then turtling

Ugly: Whatever the hell Jaylan Ford was doing out there.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, LonghornsFan12345 said:

It is sad and pathetic that you are butthurt because I am being honest, now fuck off 

I just negged all 16 of your trolling bitch posts.

Say something else so I can finish getting you banned myself.  What kind of pathetic loser has nothing better to do all day?

I bet you've got a little dick, too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Ugh, I know Mettauer’s dad very well. I literally texted him 3 plays before his injury to tell him his son is balling out. 

I feel like a shit right now.

Talked to his dad, according to him, there was no fracture. 🙏 

14 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

who blocks?

That’s fair.

• Like 3

Everyone watches the QB and that’s fine. He was crazy nervous to start. He delivered later. They scouted our protection well and Sark mixed moments of absolute brilliance with too many moments of wtf.

But our defense was dreadful nearly all day. Every ball carrier fell forward. We were held all fucking day but Jaylon Ford watched the parade go by all day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Definitively, OU was the better prepared and coached team; and they played harder and executed better. Texas played and coached an uninspiring game for the most part, and was only even in the game because of OU’s own coaching and execution errors (the hurry up 3 and out and then failing to protect the punt in an insipid rush situation was hysterical).

Texas essentially handed OU 7 points with an interception into triple coverage on the second play of the game. Texas also had first and goal at the one and failed punch it in. That’s finding a way to lose. The officiating was not good, culminating in that insane red zone PI call on the last drive, but frankly you deserve what you get when you do things like that.

I still think Texas is probably the better team on balance and would win 6-7 of 10 but man if 0 points on four tries from the 1 doesn’t say it all about this game. It was a weird one that will take a while to process and will be a defining moment of this season.

• Hook 'Em 4

This was a painful loss but we deserved it, to be honest. We simply didn’t play like we wanted to win almost the entire game.

That being said, OU has been on the losing end of this game twice and ended up getting the last laugh (2008 and 2017). Let’s return the favor. We should be heavily favored in all 6 of our remaining games. Roll into Jerry World at 11-1 and win the conference.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Roll into Jerry World at 11-1 and win the conference.

Fucking this. If the offense doesn't open the game shitting runny turds down their legs they win this game. Quin and Brooks had stat lines that look like absolute steam rolling on offense. Just don't spot them the points early and this is a W.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I still think Texas is probably the better team on balance and would win 6-7 of 10 but man if 0 points on four tries from the 1 doesn’t say it all about this game. It was a weird one that will take a while to process and will be a defining moment of this season.

Been long enough to get off a post - Texas honestly looks ahead of OU.  Better depth imo.  Better top end talent.  OU coaching was better except special teams - and that was enough to nearly cost them.  BUT - There's always the 'it' factor in this game and Texas very rarely has it.  OU comes in pissed and looking for blood - it's not always enough, but it sure as shit helps.  That's only reason I'd debate the 6-7 of 10 thing.  Takes a while to beat that narrative out of the back of the coaches/players minds.  But UT is way too good for anyone to expect 2 wins.  OU could win the rematch but when it comes down to it, Texas should likely be favored.  Reality is it was two really good teams and it was pretty much taken for granted that OU was total trash and would wander the desert for the forseeable future.  That narrative is mostly dead but Texas season sure isn't.  See you assholes round 2 in that sterile shithole...

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Godfuckingdamnitalltofuckinghellmotherfuckingshitfuck.

I thought I would feel better after several hours, but I feel worse.

Way to step on your own dicks guys. Fuck man. Just fuck.

yup.  same.

drunk.  and accepted all txt/calls from family, friends and colleagues expressing near-identical sentiment: "hey dude, you ok?  i saw the game.  game, tough loss.  texas always cheezes up against ou.  you'll get them next time"

feels like 20 years of this shit

• Like 2

yup.  same.

drunk.  and accepted all txt/calls from family, friends and colleagues expressing near-identical sentiment: "hey dude, you ok?  i saw the game.  game, tough loss.  texas always cheezes up against ou.  you'll get them next time"
feels like 20 years of this shit

So far any sooner acquaintances I have have known they are better off not reaching out to me. I am very standby right now.

Honestly, this sucks way worse than losing to Kansas because we absolutely should have pushed their shit it.

Fuuuuuuuuuiiijck

https://fansided.com/posts/steve-sarkisian-press-conference-texas-loss-oklahoma

The "powers that be" have yet to post Sarkisian's postgame press conference (that I can find).  Damage control ?  The link above has quotes from  IT's Joe Cook including the below.   Note the OU, aggy and Alabama postgame press conferences have all been posted on YouTube.

"In 15 minutes from now,  you won't give a fuck.   I've got to live with this fucking embarrassing game for the rest of my life"   .... Augie Garrido 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

90976d284e73d0e7c39674c699121cd3.png

I believe the coaches felt the tempo was aiding the offense in their drive success.  The drive stalled after bowman got hurt and their defense got to break, regroup, and substitute.  I think the plan was tempo to decent fg range and then burn clock. Came up one first down short. 

• Hook 'Em 5

On the ou bad snap that Gabriel ran back and threw oob- aside from how lucky that hood bounce was so far back- did the officials even discuss the elements of intentional grounding?  I didn’t see if the ball passes the LOS or if there was a receiver over there, but I didn’t feel like he broke the tackle box before throwing it. 

I think the next play was the punt that we ran into the kicker to give the ball back, so that play being an incomplete pass was a big deal. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Been long enough to get off a post - Texas honestly looks ahead of OU.  Better depth imo.  Better top end talent.  OU coaching was better except special teams - and that was enough to nearly cost them.  BUT - There's always the 'it' factor in this game and Texas very rarely has it.  OU comes in pissed and looking for blood - it's not always enough, but it sure as shit helps.  That's only reason I'd debate the 6-7 of 10 thing.  Takes a while to beat that narrative out of the back of the coaches/players minds.  But UT is way too good for anyone to expect 2 wins.  OU could win the rematch but when it comes down to it, Texas should likely be favored.  Reality is it was two really good teams and it was pretty much taken for granted that OU was total trash and would wander the desert for the forseeable future.  That narrative is mostly dead but Texas season sure isn't.  See you assholes round 2 in that sterile shithole...

I’m so fucking mad about this game but I honestly would be worried to hell going into Arlington 2-0 against OU with the last conf title and the playoffs on the line. I’ll never explain away a loss, I’ll never accept a loss, I’ll never prefer the loss but it happened. Margin for error is now zero, but assuming Texas goes 11-1 I’d feel much more comfortable in that position than 12-0 and 2-0 in our last two OU games. I love Sark as the underdog in that game. His Phoenix/Lazurus personal story fits much better in that place than being the front runner. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

On the ou bad snap that Gabriel ran back and threw oob- aside from how lucky that hood bounce was so far back- did the officials even discuss the elements of intentional grounding?  I didn’t see if the ball passes the LOS or if there was a receiver over there, but I didn’t feel like he broke the tackle box before throwing it. 

I think the next play was the punt that we ran into the kicker to give the ball back, so that play being an incomplete pass was a big deal. 

It made it nearly to the first down marker and a TE was near - at least that was my read in real time. But yeah he was inside the tackle box.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

I believe the coaches felt the tempo was aiding the offense in their drive success.  The drive stalled after bowman got hurt and their defense got to break, regroup, and substitute.  I think the plan was tempo to decent fg range and then burn clock. Came up one first down short. 

So it was 4th down sure, but we had them out there with their fg block team right? And they called time out with 16sec left? It seemed like they were completely unaware of the idea that they should minimize the time to give Gabriel the ball back…

It made it nearly to the first down marker and a TE was near - at least that was my read in real time. But yeah he was inside the tackle box.
I certainly thought it was intentional grounding in real time. He was inside the tackle box.

So it was 4th down sure, but we had them out there with their fg block team right? And they called time out with 16sec left? It seemed like they were completely unaware of the idea that they should minimize the time to give Gabriel the ball back…

Yeah, I remember the announcers saying it was the fg block team. They should have either ran a play wide or took the clock down to :01.

So we did give up 7 points on 3 turnovers. But that really didn’t decide the game. The OU offense tempo kept us from rotating guys and the defense was gassed subsequently there was almost no pass rush and we gave up way too many points. Given that it was clear we couldn’t stop their offense, we gave the game away by not running the clock out with the 4min offense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

So we did give up 7 points on 3 turnovers. But that really didn’t decide the game. The OU offense tempo kept us from rotating guys and the defense was gassed subsequently there was almost no pass rush and we gave up way too many points. Given that it was clear we couldn’t stop their offense, we gave the game away by not running the clock out with the 4min offense.

Yep.

I had to fucking leave at 27-20 for a family event.

So I "watched" on the ESPN app while driving. And I knew with that much time left the game was going to overtime at best.

I couldn't see the play clock time but that is infuriating seeing it listed out like that.

Just one more thing in a long list of them from this game. So damn many missed opportunities.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SilasCoade said:

Fucking this. If the offense doesn't open the game shitting runny turds down their legs they win this game. Quin and Brooks had stat lines that look like absolute steam rolling on offense. Just don't spot them the points early and this is a W.

This is our concern dude.  It happens on the reg, we just played shitty QB's that couldn't punish us for the shitshow that is Steve Sarkisian

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Been long enough to get off a post - Texas honestly looks ahead of OU.  Better depth imo.  Better top end talent.  OU coaching was better except special teams - and that was enough to nearly cost them.  BUT - There's always the 'it' factor in this game and Texas very rarely has it.  OU comes in pissed and looking for blood - it's not always enough, but it sure as shit helps.   

This. Drives me nuts. DKR knew this. Sark needs it pile-driven into his skull. Fuck that relax and have fun crap. Come into the game fired up and ready to knock MF'rs out of their cleats.

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Reality is it was two really good teams and it was pretty much taken for granted that OU was total trash and would wander the desert for the forseeable future.  That narrative is mostly dead but Texas season sure isn't.  See you assholes round 2 in that sterile shithole...

Only by some delusional dumb asses.

Congrats on the win, btw, much as I hate typing those words.

• Like 1

I love Quinn and think that he is plenty capable of getting us to the conf title game if our defense gets back to form . . . . but I do really miss having a true dual-threat QB.  Gabriel’s 113 yards rushing were killers today.  When protection breaks down, having some explosiveness with those first four or five steps is so crucial to extending plays or tucking it to move the chains.   Our big D-linemen were just a hair too slow to get their hands on him today and Quinn was a hair too slow to escape.   That said, convert from the 1-yd line in four tries and don’t run into the punter and it’s all moot.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is exactly what he was trying to do. His press conf talked about it. RPO on second / down sack. Third down he had to get to FG range. He said his mindset changed only after that sack.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BarthHollamew said:

I love Quinn and think that he is plenty capable of getting us to the conf title game if our defense gets back to form . . . . but I do really miss having a true dual-threat QB.  Gabriel’s 113 yards rushing were killers today.  When protection breaks down, having some explosiveness with those first four or five steps is so crucial to extending plays or tucking it to move the chains.   Our big D-linemen were just a hair too slow to get their hands on him today and Quinn was a hair too slow to escape.   That said, convert from the 1-yd line in four tries and don’t run into the punter and it’s all moot.  

We won’t really ever have a dual threat with sark, it’s not his offensive style. He doesn’t recruit for it. 

Just now, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Generally don’t want to switch to up tempo offense when trying to execute a 4min offense.

Unless you think that’s the best way to get down field. You still have to have a successful drive to take the lead.

• Hook 'Em 1