Outcoached

Pancho

Just now, Smax said:
2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:
  You guys always say this when things don't go our way. We got outplayed. This game was won on the OFF SCRIPT plays. Period.

We did get out played, and Sark was out coached, and as usual, Sark got in his own way

How was he outcoached again? remind me.

I knew we were in trouble when OU had their player lay down and fake an injury with 2:30 to go. When out of rhythm, we either call an obvious draw or get a penalty immediately after. Sark went Bill O'Brien, wasted a timeout playing games on 4th, and kicked a field goal. Then Coach K decides to play soft zone, which got us killed at the end of the first half and cost us the game at the end. Some coaching mistakes are obvious in hindsight, but those simply should never have happened multiple times.

• Hook 'Em 7

PK with a horrible gameplan so I agree he was outcoached. They played tentatively all day. Gave up way too many yards on basic plays, and put zero pressure on the qb.  I'm fine with what the offense did... other than the penalties. We scored enough to easily win. 

• Hook 'Em 4

blOU is going to take the rivalry series lead in my lifetime. I've more or less resigned myself to this. The margin has shrunk to 12 now (63 wins, 51 losses, five ties).

Venables, Riley, Stoops - every fucking coach blOU hires turns them into a juggernaut by year 2. Meanwhile we dick around with coaches who always need 'more time', or 'better player execution', or 'just one more recruiting class', or whatnot.

Edited by satyanash
  • Fuck You 6
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, RichUT said:

There were issues with player execution and issues with coaching. The coaching issues were by far the biggest reason we took the L today. Piss poor job by Sark and PK both.

Disagree. Player execution was by far and away the primary problem. Ford was completely lost and ineffective all game. We missed tons of tackles, including on the last drive. And let's not forget 3 turnovers and inability to get any push up front when it mattered. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 9

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

blOU is going to take the rivalry series lead in my lifetime. I've more or less resigned myself to this. The margin has shrunk to 12 now (63 wins, 51 losses, five ties).

Venables, Riley, Stoops - every fucking coach blOU hires turns them into a juggernaut by year 2. Meanwhile we dick around with coaches who always need 'more time', or 'better player execution', or 'just one more recruiting class', or whatnot.

Being you must be so exhausting 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

The 4 runs on the goal line?

Up tempo with 4 min left?

Running the ball on 3-9?

Im sure there are plenty of other instances.

The runs on the goal line were there we just didn't block the guy we were supposed to. When we increased the tempo it slowed down OU's pass rush the same way it worked for them. On the 3rd and 9 if we throw it and don't get it you clowns would say that was a mistake. Point is anytime the coach calls anything that doesn't work its a bad call. You guys are a beating. The plays were there to make and we just didn't make them. Drops. Guys not tackling/communicating. O-linemen whiffing on blocks consistently. Letting Gabriel get loose time after time despite having a guy there to get him on the ground. Sometimes GUYS just don't make plays. We didn't today.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Fickle people. The OL and DL played pretty poorly. Quinn played much better after the first quarter. Sark had his lunch eaten early, but he adjusted. 

OU came ready to play at every level. We shouldn't have been in this game, but instead we were up with a minute and change to go.

The defense shat down its leg when they needed to tighten up the most. It happens. 

Lots of big injuries too. 

The only way this was gonna be an easy game was if the OL/DL controlled the game like some expected. It didn't happen, we turned the ball over, and still barely lost.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It’s funny being negged by @ztejas @Atticus and @Sir Ulrich without an explanation on their end why this WASN”T coaching that lost this for us

Negged for being an emotional overreactive pussy. The team got punched in the mouth and took a while to get their composure. Scheme-wise, the players were put in position to make plays but missed tackles and didn't populate the football like they normally do.

"hurr durr, that's on the corches to get them to play right" Nah, the players gotta make plays when they have the opportunity to do so.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

The runs on the goal line were there we just didn't block the guy we were supposed to. When we increased the tempo it slowed down OU's pass rush the same way it worked for them. On the 3rd and 9 if we throw it and don't get it you clowns would say that was a mistake. Point is anytime the coach calls anything that doesn't work its a bad call. You guys are a beating. The plays were there to make and we just didn't make them. Drops. Guys not tackling/communicating. O-linemen whiffing on blocks consistently. Letting Gabriel get loose time after time despite having a guy there to get him on the ground. Sometimes GUYS just don't make plays. We didn't today.

😂 

on the 3rd one, OU sent an 11 man blitz. A minimum of 4 players hit brooks when he go the ball, because they knew what was coming. 

completely outcoached.

you would defend the guy if he fucked your wife in front of you.

• Hook 'Em 2

I told myself before this game, that it'd be really hard to beat a good team twice.  Therefore, I reconciled that we should lose today, then win the Big 12.  That being said, watch the Pac 12, Big 10, and ACC have undefeated teams with the 1-loss SEC team getting the 4th slot.

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Negged for being an emotional overreactive pussy. The team got punched in the mouth and took a while to get their composure. Scheme-wise, the players were put in position to make plays but missed tackles and didn't populate the football like they normally do.

"hurr durr, that's on the corches to get them to play right" Nah, the players gotta make plays when they have the opportunity to do so.

You are a fool if you don’t think Sark was Outcoached even just a bit today. You know it’s true.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Disagree. This was all about not making plays. 3 turnovers to none forced. Dropped pick in the end zone.  Multiple pre snap fouls. Not tackling the qb well especially but also the wrs and rbs at times. 

Can’t all this be true and realize that we were out coached? Our team was not ready to play ball out of the gate. Terrible first two designed drives by Sark were awful. Defense had nothing schemed up to disrupt at any point in this game. What you say is 100% true, but there was a ton of poor coaching leading up to, and in preparation for this. Venables had his guys ready and Sark did not.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

That goal to go series was poor, for sure.  How much practice do sweat and Murphy have at locating a man to block and then blocking them?  Plus, do they really need the extra snaps in a game where they are working hard on defense for 40-50 snaps?  
not sure that’s the right package to declare what you are doing and then doing what you declared. 

so no, sark was not perfect. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2