Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

39 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Back before all these shenanigans, Russia was on my short list of places to "see while I can."  Looks like that's pushed off until at least 10 years after Putin dies, because that's what I figure will be necessary for any kind of decent tourist infrastructure to kick back in. 

I originally had planned a semester in Russia as part of my undergrad. The plan fell through and I'm truly sorry that it now looks like I'll never be able to visit. Hell, I would now feel weird just practicing my Russian in public. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Honestly not sure what choice Israel really has. Palestinians are brainwashing their youth to crave genocide… so I guess Israel is gonna give it to them 

IMG_0258.gif

Edited by B00M
Obligatory classic gif
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, statsman said:

I will apportion more blame for the loss of Palestinian civilian life to Hamas than to Israel. 

If we could back a bit further in time, the blame for this entire sad history of fighting, death and despair rests with those countries that decided they didn't want to deal with the Jews and decided to create the state of Israel. It was a colossal mistake. Pretty much every move made by a Western power in that part of the world has been a mistake.

4 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Y’all reporting these posts?

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Why, so Elon knows to amplify it further?

3 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Some members of NAFO do, but most have him on mute or blocked. Youtube just kicked him off and he was crying like a rat eating onions.

I've noticed that if it's posting explicit stuff (photos/videos), you can get the posts removed (especially if it appears to be a bot). If it's just posting misinformation, Elmo doesn't care.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Viper said:

I'm trying to remember this magical age of Twitter being reliable  and free of misinformation that everyone keeps alluding to. 

It started downwards the last presidential election cycle and now its just bot farm spam, people who like to argue and OF whores and hookers. Recently seen several post from the OF whores and hooker club that due to new TOS or upcoming TOS they'll likely need to find a new platform to spam their tits and ass on, and that makes me sad

• Hook 'Em 2

If we could back a bit further in time, the blame for this entire sad history of fighting, death and despair rests with those countries that decided they didn't want to deal with the Jews and decided to create the state of Israel. It was a colossal mistake. Pretty much every move made by a Western power in that part of the world has been a mistake.

While you got that Time Machine, why don’t you also tell Hitler to knock it off.

7 minutes ago, Smax said:

It started downwards the last presidential election cycle and now its just bot farm spam, people who like to argue and OF whores and hookers. Recently seen several post from the OF whores and hooker club that due to new TOS or upcoming TOS they'll likely need to find a new platform to spam their tits and ass on, and that makes me sad

"I intend to sow massive waves of disinformation, destabilizing society and ultimately leading to bloodshed!"

Twitter response: cool, cool. Make sure you keep paying for that blue checkmark.

"I'd like to show people my nice tits, and get paid for it."

Twitter response: nope, we gotta change our TOS so we can't do that.

Twitter....a universe in which tits are more dangerous and more regulated than demonizing entire races and inciting violence.  That Elon's really got shit figured out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

What I have really taken away from all of this, since Saturday, is that Hamas is borderline equivalent to Palestine. It is not 100%, but I have not seen one Palestinian denouce the attacks.

I have seen Palestinian rallies around the world supporting, clamoring to gas the Jews, fights, support, all for Hamas. I am very angry because of this. It is easy to go after a terrorist group. Palestinians have elected and supported, sheltered and hid Hamas and they celebrate widely the attacks.

I am at the point of not entirely differentiating between the two. There is a ton of overlap. 

Edited by MisterP
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

As I've been saying for pages now, the concept that these people can be re-programmed and brought back from this insanity is fucking something orders of magnitude past reality and whistling past the graveyard. You can't fucking deprogam that kind of shit. You particularly can't deprogram that kind of shit when half of those kids have probably had a parent or friend or close family member blown to fucking pink mist in the "fight against the jews."  These kids are taught it as soon as they're able to learn it, and they have ZERO perspective of any other way of life or experience with other parts of the world. They don't have free access to information. You cannot reason with zealotry that's blasted to them starting in the womb, with literally zero introduction to any other way of life. 

Israel has done stupid and horrible shit, but the next time someone wants to bothsides this shit as equal attrocity, please show me the vidoes of israeli children discussing their elementary school curriculum and how it says they need to kill every Palestinian. Or that it's in the charter of the ruling party. 

48 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Fucking this. That statsman post was the most bitchmade thing I think I’ve ever read. 

Lol. I don't think that gif means what you think it means. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, MisterP said:

What I have really taken away from all of this, since Saturday, is that Hamas is borderline equivalent to Palestine. It is not 100%, but I have not seen one Palestinian denouce the attacks.

I have seen Palestinian rallies around the world supporting, clamoring to gas the Jews, fights, support, all for Hamas. I am very angry because of this. It is easy to go after a terrorist group. Palestinians have elected and supported, sheltered and hid Hamas and they celebrate widely the attacks.

I am at the point of not entirely differentiating between the two. There is a ton of overlap. 

There was a post above on twitter about someone saying Palestinians are scared to speak out about wanting peace for fear or reprisals. Which I fucking buy. Hamas is always a problem, but the West Bank is a wildly less source of violence, and they are not governed by Hamas. Now, do I think most Palestinians despise Jews, yeah, probably. Is there overlap? Yeah. But I don't think they're even remotely the same thing. 

• Hook 'Em 9

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

There was a post above on twitter about someone saying Palestinians are scared to speak out about wanting peace for fear or reprisals. Which I fucking buy. Hamas is always a problem, but the West Bank is a wildly less source of violence, and they are not governed by Hamas. Now, do I think most Palestinians despise Jews, yeah, probably. Is there overlap? Yeah. But I don't think they're even remotely the same thing. 

It is not even the people in Gaza. Maybe you havent read every page, but plenty of content in Sydney, Dallas, England, Germany, etc of Palestinians rallying and calling for the gasing of Jews, etc. I am not going to tell you what opinion you should have, but there is, like I said, enough content out there for me to just-fully draw my conclusions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, MisterP said:

It is not even the people in Gaza. Maybe you havent read every page, but plenty of content in Sydney, Dallas, England, Germany, etc of Palestinians rallying and calling for the gasing of Jews, etc. I am not going to tell you what opinion you should have, but there is, like I said, enough content out there for me to just-fully draw my conclusions. 

Dude, I've read every page, and I've used the fucking protests worldwide in Dallas, London, and everywhere else as fucking support for my own arguments against Chainsaw and the like that the Palestinian hatred of jewish culture runs deep, and that just becuase refugees don't commit crimes elsewhere doesn't mean they aren't bloodthirsty. Maybe YOU haven't read every page, or maybe you don't remember which posters say what, but don't come here accusing me of not keeping up with the thread when I might be the most active poster on it the last couple days, other than Captin Ledgypants, maybe. 

You think I don't know that there is Palestinian support worldwide? I was the guy who posted Mia Khalifa getting her ass fired from Playboy. And yeah, you can fully draw your own conclusions. I've fully drawn mine, and honestly, they're probably a lot closer to your opinions that they are to some others on this thread. But it is an inarguable fact that the PA and Hamas are different governing authorities, and the atrocities committed by each respective group on Israel are night and day different. Not that the PA is perfect. And not that most Palestinians probably don't want Israel dissolved. But motherfucking different by a goddamn sight. But you continue with your kneejerk reactions while paying zero attention to any nuance whatsoever.  That's how most fucking people look at the middle east. Why don't you just say all Muslims are violent savages and be done with it?

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dude, I've read every page, and I've used the fucking protests worldwide in Dallas, London, and everywhere else as fucking support for my own arguments against Chainsaw and the like that the Palestinian hatred of jewish culture runs deep, and that just becuase refugees don't commit crimes elsewhere doesn't mean they aren't bloodthirsty. Maybe YOU haven't read every page, or maybe you don't remember which posters say what, but don't come here accusing me of not keeping up with the thread when I might be the most active poster on it the last couple days, other than Captin Ledgypants, maybe. 

You think I don't know that there is Palestinian support worldwide? I was the guy who posted Mia Khalifa getting her ass fired from Playboy. And yeah, you can fully draw your own conclusions. I've fully drawn mine, and honestly, they're probably a lot closer to your opinions that they are to some others on this thread. But it is an inarguable fact that the PA and Hamas are different governing authorities, and the atrocities committed by each respective group on Israel are night and day different. Not that the PA is perfect. And not that most Palestinians probably don't want Israel dissolved. But motherfucking different by a goddamn sight. But you continue with your kneejerk reactions while paying zero attention to any nuance whatsoever.  That's how most fucking people look at the middle east. 

Yea I think we agree. You're just being very specific about the labeling and I am being less so. All good. Fuck Hamas. Complicated times and emotions are high. 

21 minutes ago, MisterP said:

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

As I've been saying for pages now, the concept that these people can be re-programmed and brought back from this insanity is fucking something orders of magnitude past reality and whistling past the graveyard. You can't fucking deprogam that kind of shit. You particularly can't deprogram that kind of shit when half of those kids have probably had a parent or friend or close family member blown to fucking pink mist in the "fight against the jews."  These kids are taught it as soon as they're able to learn it, and they have ZERO perspective of any other way of life or experience with other parts of the world. They don't have free access to information. You cannot reason with zealotry that's blasted to them starting in the womb, with literally zero introduction to any other way of life. 

Israel has done stupid and horrible shit, but the next time someone wants to bothsides this shit as equal attrocity, please show me the vidoes of israeli children discussing their elementary school curriculum and how it says they need to kill every Palestinian. Or that it's in the charter of the ruling party. 

Lol. I don't think that gif means what you think it means. 

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The news thread probably isn't the appropriate place to discuss this topic as Blacklab has made it abundantly clear that this thread is to discuss events only.

But with a cursory 30-second search, I can cite a couple of quick examples.

Palestinian peace activist unleashes on terrorist organization’s ‘genocide’ in Israel
https://www.foxnews.com/video/6338852532112

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, MisterP said:

Yea I think we agree. You're just being very specific about the labeling and I am being less so. All good. Fuck Hamas. Complicated times and emotions are high. 

Hey man, that's a serious, serious fucking problem, that leads to way more fucking problems. Like "all muslims are evil." You shouldn't be flippant. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Hey man, that's a serious, serious fucking problem, that leads to way more fucking problems. Like "all muslims are evil." You shouldn't be flippant. 

I am not going that far and you know it. I am simply stating how I feel about the Palestinian world and Hamas and the clear overlap. 

42 minutes ago, MisterP said:

This is a you thing, not a them thing.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, MisterP said:

I am not going that far and you know it. I am simply stating how I feel about the Palestinian world and Hamas and the clear overlap. 

I'm not saying you're going that far. But I am pointing out that it's a slippery slope, and you're on it.

Plenty of Palestinians are denouncing this, you're not seeing it, and Hamas is not the same as all Palestinians any more than either Republican or a Democrat is the single illustration of an American. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, MisterP said:

Well, Hamas garnered around half the vote and the other half went to Fatah… another terrorist party. So yeah, there’s a shit ton of overlap. 

I'm not saying you're going that far. But I am pointing out that it's a slippery slope, and you're on it.

Plenty of Palestinians are denouncing this, you're not seeing it, and Hamas is not the same as all Palestinians any more than either Republican or a Democrat is the single illustration of an American. 

fair, just upset

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty sure the posted Michael Oher quote two pages back is correct.  This time next week the popular narrative will be about the brutal retaliation by Israel.

I don't know how Israel gets a "win" out of this or what the goal should even be.  They could certainly reach 30,000 Gazan deaths trying to get somewhere, though.   Sad state of things all around. 

Also, fuck Hamas.  They suck.  This shit falls pretty squarely on their shoulders.

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Pretty sure the posted Michael Oher quote two pages back is correct.  This time next week the popular narrative will be about the brutal retaliation by Israel.

I don't know how Israel gets a "win" out of this or what the goal should even be.  They could certainly reach 30,000 Gazan deaths trying to get somewhere, though.   Sad state of things all around. 

Also, fuck Hamas.  They suck.  This shit falls pretty squarely on their shoulders.

You're not wrong. But I'm guessing the "win" by Israel will be the removal of Hamas by Israel.