Wulaw Horn

17 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

Quinn as we know has a grade 2 AC joint sprain, his injury happened when Nelson Ceaser sacked him earlier in 3Q per Gerry/IT. Also, we didn't throw the ball after that, so Sark knew.

Recovery time for Quin's recovery is 2-3 weeks but don't expect it to be season-ending.

Ewers threw the ball 6 times after that - including 4 straight completions after the sack.  Then Ewers ran and crushed his other shoulder before throwing two incompletions and then field goal.

Texas still doesn't have an "impose our will" OL and you know BYU and KSU will be loading the box. Running isn't going to work unless Maalik can make them feel some pain passing.

This is where I was going with my slow question above. Seems like Worthy, AD and company will be too much speed for them to handle.

What drugs are everyone doing to think that maalik can’t handle these garbage tier teams and isn’t capable of throwing the ball? He was one of the top rated pocket passers in the country as a recruit and has shown nothing to make anyone think he sucks. 

I’m not sitting here trying to sell MM as better than Quinn but come the fuck on guys he’s a beast. 

Sir, you of all people should know exactly where you are posting.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

What drugs are everyone doing to think that maalik can’t handle these garbage tier teams and isn’t capable of throwing the ball? He was one of the top rated pocket passers in the country as a recruit and has shown nothing to make anyone think he sucks. 

I’m not sitting here trying to sell MM as better than Quinn but come the fuck on guys he’s a beast. 

It's probably the fact that he's had like 3 career pass attempts.   I mean QE is still a work in progress and he has like 15 games played now.  Potential is great and all but experience matters at QB in CFB.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

Texas still doesn't have an "impose our will" OL and you know BYU and KSU will be loading the box. Running isn't going to work unless Maalik can make them feel some pain passing.

Our WRs will feel some pain catching his passes

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I am of the opinion that Manning is the starter next year. Thus, if this is an even competition at this point, play him now. JMHO. 

Murphy will have a very short leash IMO.

Try and tell me DKR wont absolutely explode if its a close game and the offense hasnt scored at will and 16 trots out with the offense to lead a 2 minute drill before halftime

• Hook 'Em 1

FWIW - The (Chicago) Bears started an UDFA rookie QB from Div II Shepherd this weekend.  Bears rolled using a run-heavy game plan and didn't ask the QB to do anything other than get the ball out quick.  I'm hoping we see similar from Sark this weekend - time to use all the runs in the playbook.  OZ, IZ, jet sweeps, Red-Cat, JaTavion Cat.  It needs to be like that episode of Ted Lasso where he solicits trick plays from his players.   Unlike that Shepherd kid - Murphy has a howitzer attached to his shoulder - but its stil his first start and we shouldn't be asking him to lead the offense even if he is mentally/physically capable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - The (Chicago) Bears started an UDFA rookie QB from Div II Shepherd this weekend.  Bears rolled using a run-heavy game plan and didn't ask the QB to do anything other than get the ball out quick.  I'm hoping we see similar from Sark this weekend - time to use all the runs in the playbook.  OZ, IZ, jet sweeps, Red-Cat, JaTavion Cat.  It needs to be like that episode of Ted Lasso where he solicits trick plays from his players.   Unlike that Shepherd kid - Murphy has a howitzer attached to his shoulder - but its stil his first start and we shouldn't be asking him to lead the offense even if he is mentally/physically capable.

Maalik isn’t retarded. He knows the playbook and can read defenses. Why is everyone treating our 5 star backups like they are fucking Cole Lourd? 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Maalik isn’t retarded. He knows the playbook and can read defenses. Why is everyone treating our 5 star backups like they are fucking Cole Lourd? 

Because its the first start for a kid playing the most important and difficult position in all of sports? 

Because this team is talented enough they don't need to rely on the QB alone - so they shouldn't?

I think there a lot of reasons and none of them are 'Maalik is an idiot'.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Because its the first start for a kid playing the most important and difficult position in all of sports? 

Because this team is talented enough they don't need to rely on the QB alone - so they shouldn't?

I think there a lot of reasons and none of them are 'Maalik is an idiot'.

Maybe, just maybe there is more than 1 human on the roster capable of playing sarks full playbook at QB. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Maybe, just maybe there is more than 1 human on the roster capable of playing sarks full playbook at QB. 

How many years have you watched college football?  Serious question.  Do you not appreciate that it's rare for any inexperienced QB to just step in any play well?  Nobody is knocking MM.  They are explaining reality.  Sark's gameplan is not going to be to throw it 40+ times with a first time starter.  

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is you setting yourself up for disappointment. It's a complex offense. To expect Maalik to go right in and see no drop off is asking a bit much. He'll struggle so it's up to Sark to make it work for Maalik. This is where we see if Sark can adapt to his QB and not the other way around. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I think our OL gets eaten up by their DL, so that idea won't work out so well. KState is going to murder our lines too. 

BYU is giving up 186 yards a game on the ground (4.8 per carry) against FBS opponents - and as shitty as people here think our OL is,  every team they've played would swap for Texas'.  BYU has shown no ability to stop a team rushing.  

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

He's a 6'5' 250lb pussy. 

Great receiver, great family, can't block for shit.

He seems to be a decent lead blocker when he isn't going up against a lineman. There is no way in fucking hell he should be isolated against UoH best pass rusher, that is just fucking stupid and the coaching staff has to know that if I do.

Edited by Longhornlove

Just now, Longhornlove said:

Great receiver, great family, can't block for shit.

He's definitely a receiving TE, I don't know about great just yet. He doesn't have the catch any ball in his vicinity type ability that you would expect of a kid with his athletic ability. I am glad he's a longhorn though and he seems like a damn good leader. I still believe he's a 2nd round draft pick guaranteed. 

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

He's definitely a receiving TE, I don't know about great just yet. He doesn't have the catch any ball in his vicinity type ability that you would expect of a kid with his athletic ability. I am glad he's a longhorn though and he seems like a damn good leader. I still believe he's a 2nd round draft pick guaranteed. 

IMHO he is an H back, he will never be an inline TE in the NFL with his current light in the ass poor blocking.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

How many games this year has this O-Line been "eaten up" exactly? Need an idea of what your "eaten up" means.

Houston collapsed ours. Oklahoma did. Wyoming did for a quarter or so. Our pass block is not good. I should have been kinder on our d-line though, granted. If fully healthy our o-line is pretty good but until then it's very beatable by scheming imo. 

Murphy will have a very short leash IMO.
Try and tell me DKR wont absolutely explode if its a close game and the offense hasnt scored at will and 16 trots out with the offense to lead a 2 minute drill before halftime

His uncles did it right? Or Eli did? Shit I can’t remember. That automatically means he will too of course.

46 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I think our OL gets eaten up by their DL, so that idea won't work out so well. KState is going to murder our lines too. 

You might be right, but ... I think a couple of factors were at play against Houston. Team came in off the bye a little too relaxed, further bolstered by the early 21 point lead in the game. Add to this Majors, not 100%, playing through some pain which probably wore on him more as the game progressed. Houston punches back, gains some momentum and start playing like madmen because they now see they have a chance to take down Texas.

I'd like to think that the coaches and the OL are going to get a little serious about business after escaping the upset by the skin of their ass this last Saturday. And hopefully Majors is feeling better too by end of next week.

• Hook 'Em 1

Is this a bit? c00077d2122801f8aa09a9437bb02dfe.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

For as much shit as I give Sark about the not elite enough to be HC/OC…this is where I actually expect him to shine. I have faith in MM. Sark said in the presser today he has a healthy respect for BYU and given his history there also has a lot of insight into that program. I expect him to be able to script something for MM that plays to his strengths. He’s got a week. They knew when Quinn didn’t come back into the game after going to the locker room that at the very least he’d not be playing this Saturday. As great as Quinn has played he was also a reason we lost the turnover battle in the OU game and that’s fair to say. He also played near perfect after a shaky start and he’s been QB1 from the jump last year. Gets the most reps and work. I just hope people will be patient if MM also has a shaky start and rebounds because Quinn has had those type of starts this year as well as playing lights out in games as well. 

This may be a blessing in disguise. We are getting some guys back that have long been missed and we are also hopefully now aware that getting to the Big12 is a big fucking deal. I know Kansas State thinks it is a big deal. As does OU even if some of the rest of the teams on our schedule are just happy to beat us or play spoiler. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

The same drugs that think a Sark led offense is going to score 50 points. That our all star group of receivers will be utilized properly and that our secondary isn’t that bad

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I'm hoping we see similar from Sark this weekend - time to use all the runs in the playbook.  OZ, IZ, jet sweeps, Red-Cat, JaTavion Cat.  It needs to be like that episode of Ted Lasso where he solicits trick plays from his players.   Unlike that Shepherd kid - Murphy has a howitzer attached to his shoulder - but its stil his first start and we shouldn't be asking him to lead the offense even if he is mentally/physically capable.

Two back sets with Red in backfield make some sense too.  Then a few times adjust the formation, and run RedCat on 1st or 2nd downs to get positive yards to stay ahead of the chains...

Edited by LTtxfan