NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

this guy is easily my new favorite coach in the nba:

Good for coaches to call out this blatant bias and fixing refs do. In any sport. But these leagues don't give a damn to actually fix it, they will just fine the coaches/players and tell them to shut up. There's a reason these leagues will fine coaches/players for calling out shit refs. 

4 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

NBA refs.

Big 10 football refs...

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Future bag secured after playing in 26/32 of their games this year. Season ending injury coming in 5.... 4.... 3.... 

Bingo!    The only reason he was playing every game is cause it was a contract yr.   Congrats Clips you've taken away any incentive he had to play.     Clips gonna Clip

just watched the 3Q of pacers vs wizards. tj mcconnell running point for indy, jordan poole for washington, and not that i didn’t already know this, but it is *insane* how much better, smarter, and more effective tj mcconnell is than jordan poole. poole is literally just dribbling around and then jacking up shots while his teammates stand around watching, meanwhile every single pacers possession ends in a great look/points/fts with TJM leading the way. absolutely insane that anyone would pay jordan poole the kind of money he’s getting.

So glad to be done with Boston and Philly. The whistles their stars get is so dumb. brown and Tatum shot 14 and 13 fts going 26-27

Wolves as an entire team shot 20.

In 85 combined minutes those 2 had 4 combined personal fouls. Brown had 1 and he guards ant edwards all night. That’s about the equivalent of a team not getting flagged for holding at least once all game. Boston had 1 guy in legit foul trouble, Derrick white had 5.

Mcdaniels fouled out, kat fouled out, Kyle Anderson had 5 and NAW& naz Reid each had 4.

27 to 19 foul difference.

Would’ve been an epic wolves win flying in the same day and beating them. I still don’t understand why teams choose 4am arrivals vs leaving at 10am and flying the same day of game barring weather.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So glad to be done with Boston and Philly. The whistles their stars get is so dumb. brown and Tatum shot 14 and 13 fts going 26-27

Wolves as an entire team shot 20.

In 85 combined minutes those 2 had 4 combined personal fouls. Brown had 1 and he guards ant edwards all night. That’s about the equivalent of a team not getting flagged for holding at least once all game. Boston had 1 guy in legit foul trouble, Derrick white had 5.

Mcdaniels fouled out, kat fouled out, Kyle Anderson had 5 and NAW& naz Reid each had 4.

27 to 19 foul difference.

Would’ve been an epic wolves win flying in the same day and beating them. I still don’t understand why teams choose 4am arrivals vs leaving at 10am and flying the same day of game barring weather.

I believe it's a league rule that they have to fly in the night before. They can't risk a game getting canceled.

Also... after dunking on you for more than a year, I have to reluctantly say that I've been impressed with the Wolves so far.  They've gotten a fair share of schedule breaks but they have taken advantage of it and had a great first half of the season. I still feel like they are going to crumble in the playoffs, but I'm not 100% certain about it like I used to be.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

so great:

fuck jason whitlock.

Don't know what's going on here but that's an A list rant.  Finished with this:

But perhaps one of the more astonishing comments from Smith came when he called Whitlock a person who was “worse than white supremacist.” 

“You see what he does is, he’s the one that puts himself in front of white folks. The white folks, not all white folks, not most white folks, but the white folks that dare we say may have a problem with black folks,” Smith said. 

“He says ‘I’m your man.’ That’s what he does. You think I’m lying? Ask ESPN. Ask Fox. Ask the Kansas City Star. Ask them all. I could not imagine, as a black man, knowing our history, anything worse than a white supremacist. That is until Jason Whitlock came along. He’s worse than them. He is the worst, most despicable, lying, no-good, fat-ass human being I have ever known in my life.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Whitlock and Stephen A. Smith both suck. Like Stoops-and-his-big-bag-of-dicks-level of sucking. Fuck 'em both.

yeah, they both suck, but there’s the theatrical TV personality of SAS, and the actual human piece of dog shit that is jason whitlock. if SAS was my neighbor i have no doubt we would be friends. if whitlock was my neighbor and his house caught on fire i’d order a couple of kegs and throw an impromptu block party to watch that motherfucker burn.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

I like Stephen A and have for awhile. It's easy to separate the character he plays on TV and who he is as a man for me. Dude is a badass and a true professional in an industry that just happens to pay personalities a lot of money to scream nonsense on television. 

Does he have bad takes? Of course - but that's what he's paid millions of dollars to do. I feel like he doesn't flip-flop or change who he is all the time. I've listened to a couple interviews with him and he's always come across as genuine and largely likeable and the dude has worked his fucking ass off and fought through some serious adversity to get where he is. 

Granted - I don't watch those morning bullshit shows at all. I don't have an opinion on Whitlock. But, if someone as visible as SAS (who I respect a good deal) is going scorched earth on the guy like that he's probably a piece of shit. 

On 1/10/2024 at 11:08 AM, Kermit said:

I would not do well as a famous man with money in Miami. 

Like nothing else stateside.  I 

On 1/10/2024 at 11:41 AM, conVINCEd said:

I think I would do just fine.  Life expectancy would probably decrease significantly, but the quality of life would be real good.

And this.  Have to leave couple weeks at a time.  It’s only gotten more insane since Covid.  But god damn, it’s fun.  

They have 3 kids.   She is getting broken off a nice big chunk regardless.
So, how does that work? They had already settled on an amount that was fair and took care if the kids. But now she can go back and get more? For what? Is there a time limit on when he has to upgrade the support?

19 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
On 1/10/2024 at 4:57 PM, d2o said:
They have 3 kids.   She is getting broken off a nice big chunk regardless.

So, how does that work? They had already settled on an amount that was fair and took care if the kids. But now she can go back and get more? For what? Is there a time limit on when he has to upgrade the support?

He wasn’t poor before this extension. Im sure she is getting a ridiculous amount to not work and “maintain” her lifestyle. He will probably be responsible for all of the future bills anyway. 

12 hours ago, Blotto said:

Wanna see if they can double them up at the final horn

Screenshot_20240111-205016.thumb.jpg.c2a545c8081a654a1400bfc847c7da42.jpg

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you tank.  As someone who has been watching Thunder games the past few years, you have to go hard to the paint, especially at the end of the season.  You have to be shameless about it.  (Spurs fans, take note.)

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you tank.  As someone who has been watching Thunder games the past few years, you have to go hard to the paint, especially at the end of the season.  You have to be shameless about it.  (Spurs fans, take note.)

Our future ROY is too good for us to tank like that. We have to start a forward at PG, play Branham, and pretend Doug Mulroney can still hoop.

On 1/10/2024 at 9:53 PM, shadow_operative said:

so great:

fuck jason whitlock.

Any reason is a good one to slander Whitlock but...........what Whitlock said didnt really warrant this reaction.   I have a real feeling this is just SAS feeling some envy for Shannon Sharpe getting all the run/love he got for his Katt Williams interview and trying to get some publicity for his own pod.