THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

If we go 12-1 and win the conference, with our only loss coming almost two months prior at the last minute vs OU.... and two SEC teams get in, including one we beat in their stadium by 10, and we get left out.... I'm burning down all of North America. 

Everyone needs to put the crack pipe down. The biggest brand in college football losing in the last 12 seconds of a top 3 rivalry game to a then top 10 ranked Oklahoma at a neutral site in October when their starting center and several key players go down early in a self induced shitfest of a game then running the table and winning the conference outright with so much parity and a strong ooc schedule which includes a win by double digits away at night against a top 7 ranked Alabama who’s only loss is Texas is not getting left out if the playoff. That is actually a billion dollar fuck up if they leave Texas out. Do you realize the economic impact of having Texas in the playoff? Have any of you run the numbers? On this site alone it would probably triple revenue for 3 weeks if not more and the chance to have Texas play in Houston for name your price tickets + additionally economic impact around and attributed to that specific fan base is absolutely astronomical and cannot be ignored. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

If we go 12-1 and win the conference, with our only loss coming almost two months prior at the last minute vs OU.... and two SEC teams get in, including one we beat in their stadium by 10, and we get left out.... I'm burning down all of North America. 

im good with only one sec teaM in the playoffs being a permanent rule 

• Drool 1

On 11/21/2023 at 1:05 PM, Texas Wahoo said:

All of the Big Noon Kickoff People pick tOSU and Michigan to both make the CFP except for Urban Meyer, who picks both Oregon and Washington instead...

image.png.c8a1a83bb111ec314a8390c1a386e204.png

This is what you call a compromised viewpoint. They are with Fox. Of course they want two from the Big 10. That’s bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Everyone needs to put the crack pipe down. The biggest brand in college football losing in the last 12 seconds of a top 3 rivalry game to a then top 10 ranked Oklahoma at a neutral site in October when their starting center and several key players go down early in a self induced shitfest of a game then running the table and winning the conference outright with so much parity and a strong ooc schedule which includes a win by double digits away at night against a top 7 ranked Alabama who’s only loss is Texas is not getting left out if the playoff. That is actually a billion dollar fuck up if they leave Texas out. Do you realize the economic impact of having Texas in the playoff? Have any of you run the numbers? On this site alone it would probably triple revenue for 3 weeks if not more and the chance to have Texas play in Houston for name your price tickets + additionally economic impact around and attributed to that specific fan base is absolutely astronomical and cannot be ignored. 

Georgia won’t get in over Texas if they lose, but Bama likely will, leaving Texas and FSU on the bubble and most think FSU gets it. 

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Georgia won’t get in over Texas if they lose, but Bama likely will, leaving Texas and FSU on the bubble and most think FSU gets it. 

I really dont think Bama will go over Texas. We beat them on the field. That will be too much to overcome. They will fuck over Oregon before they leave out Bama and Texas. If somehow Washington is undefeated and Oregon isnt an option to screw, then I would say slight advantage to Texas. That is the committee's worst nightmare situation.  

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Great segment. He didnt even entertain the thought of a 1 loss Georgia going over Texas. Mainly because he has an IQ above room temperature. 

Yeah, um, I’m gonna go ahead and guess you haven’t seen his take on the aggy head coach situation 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is what you call a compromised viewpoint. They are with Fox. Of course they want two from the Big 10. That’s bullshit. 

No, I think these people weren't really giving their "final" rankings. Most likely that was their current top 4 and Urban did some weird shit with his ranking that he thought was smart or he misunderstood the assignment. I am not sure even one of those brackets is possible at the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, oh_snap said:

Yeah, um, I’m gonna go ahead and guess you haven’t seen his take on the aggy head coach situation 

I commented on the segment, I have never seen that dude in my life before 10 minutes ago. 

2 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

Dude you've been telling people they are crazy, insane, delusional and 100 percent wrong for thinking a one loss Bama or Georgia won't get in over us. Own it or stfu.

I think you’re crazy if you think the possibility of both happening is ridiculous, which is the consensus of this thread, and the total opposite of college football fans. I guarantee Alabama would make it over us if they win out. 

2 hours ago, blutow said:

I'm not sure the committee share's his view of the world, but pretty good perspective from Pate here.

Extremely compelling. Loved the commentary. I hope the Committee sees things similarly and I hope I’m wrong. My comments are based on how I think things would go based on history. We are somewhat in control of our destiny in that we need to start beating teams’ asses. 

7 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

So why was Mich/OSU not a de facto playoff game last year?  Why wasn't UGa/Bama a de facto playoff game the year before?

Because Utah did the world a favor and upset USC in the Pac-12 CG, and had Utah just fucking run the ball on the goal line against Florida, they would have had only 1 loss and gone instead of Ohio State.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

The biggest brand in college football losing in the last 12 seconds of a top 3 rivalry game to a then top 10 ranked Oklahoma at a neutral site in October when their starting center and several key players go down early in a self induced shitfest of a game then running the table and winning the conference outright with so much parity and a strong ooc schedule which includes a win by double digits away at night against a top 7 ranked Alabama who’s only loss is Texas is not getting left out if the playoff. 

That’s the longest sentence I’ve ever read.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Jewish Wang said:

I think you’re crazy if you think the possibility of both happening is ridiculous, which is the consensus of this thread, and the total opposite of college football fans. I guarantee Alabama would make it over us if they win out. 

Edited by mwaadeeb
wrong

13 hours ago, Red Five said:

Get your kerosene ready because I fear that’s exactly what’s gonna happen 

45 minutes ago, texastroubadour said:

No way.  There is absolutely no way a one loss UGA that didn’t win the conference and lost on a neutral site to a team we beat by 10 and played a charmin soft schedule gets in over Texas if we win out.  I don’t think a one loss Bama team does either.  

• Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, texastroubadour said:

The only way two teams from the same conference are getting in is if FSU does not go undefeated and one of the other conference champs has at least two losses.  That could happen, but in that scenario, we are either getting in as a one-loss champ, or will have at least one more loss, so won't deserve a spot.  There is no plausible scenario where we win our next two games and are left out over 2 teams from the same conference.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, immamac said:

Texas fans and circle jerking ourselves off over money and ratings, name a more iconic duo.

This thread is such a weird mix of reasonable and unreasonable takes. Facts vs highly probables:

1. Fact - undefeated Michigan, OSU, or Washington are in  

2. Highly Probable - a one loss Alabama is highly likely in, with  a tiny chance the committee picks a one loss Texas instead.  Very unlikely though. 

3. Highly Probable - an undefeated FSU is in, but there is a tiny chance they pick a one loss Texas if Bama is in over either FSU or a one loss Oregon. Very unlikely though.  

4. Highly Probable  - a one loss Georgia is out.  But there’s a tiny chance they get in over Oregon or Texas.  Very unlikely though.  

5. Highly Probable - one loss Texas gets in with an FSU loss. Tiny chance Georgia, Mich, OSU, Wash/Oregon get in instead. Very unlikely. 

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Fuck the committee

The pac12 is not that good

We beat Kansas State with our backup QB playing like shit

That is impressive

We also have to beat the zebras every single conference game along with the opposing team.

That is impressive

Hook em!

IMG_2553.png

Two pac12 teams in front of ut is pure bs 

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This thread is such a weird mix of reasonable and unreasonable takes. Facts vs highly probables:

2. Highly Probable - a one loss Alabama is highly likely in, with  a tiny chance the committee picks a one loss Texas instead.  Very unlikely though. 

3. Highly Probable - an undefeated FSU is in, but there is a tiny chance they pick a one loss Texas if Bama is in over either FSU or a one loss Oregon. Very unlikely though.  

4. Highly Probable  - a one loss Georgia is out.  But there’s a tiny chance they get in over Oregon or Texas.  Very unlikely though.  

5. Highly Probable - one loss Texas gets in with an FSU loss. Tiny chance Georgia, Mich, OSU, Wash/Oregon get in instead. Very unlikely. 

2 that is the big disagreement. I would put that one on “unknown” i personally think it is 60/40 Texas at that point. How you can declare it as “highly probable” is just as insane as those saying it is “highly probable” Texas would get in for the same situation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Sensible except for number two. Likely it's us over Bama. Not highly probable but close.

14 hours ago, immamac said:

Tell that to 2008.

19 minutes ago, hornbri said:

2 that is the big disagreement. I would put that one on “unknown” i personally think it is 60/40 Texas at that point. How you can declare it as “highly probable” is just as insane as those saying it is “highly probable” Texas would get in for the same situation. 

18 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Sensible except for number two. Likely it's us over Bama. Not highly probable but close.

Agree it’s not highly probable. But I do believe it’s probable because of the committee’s propensity to look at improvement over the year and in that factor Alabama has been better than Texas. 

19 hours ago, Jewish Wang said:

Nah. I’m not guaranteeing anything. I said I suspect it will happen and have bet as such. I may be coming across with hyperbole because there are posters here - most in fact - that dismiss this possibility as not plausible, which is ignoring reality. 

I don’t think you know what “reality” means. The reality you describe has never happened before. No 1-loss non-champ has ever made the playoff over a 1-loss P5 champ. You’re describing fantasy, something that only exists in your imagination, not reality. It’s fine if you want to believe it. And you can link to a website where somebody arbitrarily assigns odds to it happening. But it’s not going to happen. No 1-loss non-champ is getting into the CFP over a 1-loss champion Texas. That’s reality.

• Hook 'Em 5

Keep that 2008 shit out of this thread. I don’t want any of that 2008 shit stinking it up around here.

Win the Big 12 and we are #5. Power 5 conference means #5 is the lowest we can go as a one-loss conference champion.

So what is the surest way get into the CFP?

FSU needs to lose a game. That’s it. The only argument would be a 1-loss FSU v 1-loss Texas. Everything is irrelevant if FSU has one loss.

I understand that an FSU loss v. Louisville in the ACC Championship is a better loss than Texas v. OU. However, the loss of Jordan Travis will cancel out FSU’s “better loss” based on the strength of Texas’ resume. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

I agree with you, but had to clarify what I think you meant.

Well, sure, in the same sense that the sun rising tomorrow is the most likely outcome. It’s possible that the sun won’t rise tomorrow. But it always has in the past and inductive reasoning dictates that we should assume it will rise again tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Your #2 is highly unlikely, not probable. This is the craziest thing Texas fans are certain of. Texas beat Alabama at Alabama. If both are one loss conference champs, Texas gets in over Alabama.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t think you know what “reality” means. The reality you describe has never happened before. No 1-loss non-champ has ever made the playoff over a 1-loss P5 champ. You’re describing fantasy, something that only exists in your imagination, not reality. It’s fine if you want to believe it. And you can link to a website where somebody arbitrarily assigns odds to it happening. But it’s not going to happen. No 1-loss non-champ is getting into the CFP over a 1-loss champion Texas. That’s reality.

Happy to bet. 

Pepper your Angus if you have your heart set on the playoffs, late game fuckup back in October took it out of our control.

A good bye and fuck off forever conference championship was always the goal this season, and still within our grasp if we curb stomp sand aggy tomorrow. Or even eek out a win as is our custom this season ffs.

On 11/23/2023 at 10:01 AM, Zeus said:

Fuck the committee

The pac12 is not that good

We beat Kansas State with our backup QB playing like shit

That is impressive

We also have to beat the zebras every single conference game along with the opposing team.

That is impressive

Hook em!

IMG_2553.png

This is the Rig 12 film study on how to stop our D line! Assholes refs for no integrity whatsoever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Your #2 is merely possible.  Its highly probable Texas gets in over a 1 loss Alabama.  We've had a stronger schedule, same record and beat them in their house by 10.  The way they evaluate teams in triads, Texas definitely beats out Alabama by their rules if its for the 4 or 5 slot.  In any event, Georgia is going to beat Alabama worse than we did.  We need to make sure we keep winning and FSU/UW and preferably OR have losses.  The 2 Pac can make our path much clearer if WSU/OSU win this weekend.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]