THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [UW FIRST IN, ALA SECOND IN,TEX clinch with FSU or MICH loss]
1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'm not worried about Georgia right now. This year, all 5 P5 conferences are in play. Usually is never like this. No way they allow a non conference champ to get in over a conference champ with the same record.

Remember, we were behind Oregon all this time. And so many said no way the committee changes their mind this late to push us ahead of Oregon if we both won this weekend. Well, that's now the same scenario with us and Bama, except we are now Oregon in the Texas/Oregon discussion.

This, only we actually deserve to be ahead of Bama, unlike Oregon being ahead of us.    

Just now, DaysOff said:

How can this committee watch these two Jimbo offenses compared to Sark and do that bullshit

The committee watched Oregon play zero defense and beat zero good opponents and put them over us dude. They are full of shit. 

Honestly we may really be in

I’ve always thought they run the numbers and just sell whatever is going to make the most money. 

whatever happens, fuck the committee glad we are going to 12 where we won’t get fucked if we have a great season. 

With 12 teams, 5-6 of them will be the SEC. 2-3 big 10. Then the champs from the shit conferences ACC and b12. 

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Chill Out Reaction GIF by CBS

Just saying what all the ESPN idiots are saying 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

You are an idiot. 

There is no shot Georgia is making the playoffs now and they were a lock if they won this game. Please stop talking. 

Ok cool. This was not a good result for Texas. 

1 minute ago, idigTexas said:

This, only we actually deserve to be ahead of Bama, unlike Oregon being ahead of us.    

I agree with that. We should have never been behind Oregon by any metric this season. Their SOS and OOC schedule was terrible. We had the much better win, on the road at that. One of their big wins was Colorado, who turned out to be a dud. 

Head to head should account for a lot. If this scenario was flipped and Bama was ahead of us and beat us this year, would they jump Texas over Bama? Not a chance in hell. I don't care about Bama's best win right now. Head to head should always be the first tiebreaker in any sports tiebreaker out there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

You are an idiot. 

There is no shot Georgia is making the playoffs now and they were a lock if they won this game. Please stop talking. 

why don't people understand this.

let's make it easy.

4 slots. 1 is gone (Washington).

if Georgia won, that would be 2 gone for sure. with Alabama winning, it is actually not certain that it is gone. It's not understanding the difference between a certain outcome and an opportunity 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

I agree with that. We should have never been behind Oregon by any metric this season. Their SOS and OOC schedule was terrible. We had the much better win, on the road at that. One of their big wins was Colorado, who turned out to be a dud. 

Head to head should account for a lot. If this scenario was flipped and Bama was ahead of us and beat us this year, would they jump Texas over Bama? Not a chance in hell. I don't care about Bama's best win right now. Head to head should always be the first tiebreaker in any sports tiebreaker out there. 

This is correct. Texas is in. FSU is in dire straits. They need a convincing win or they are going to get screwed. 

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]