THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

My wife has only been married to me when Texas football has been awful. I’m afraid she is in for a rude awakening of what it looks when I am 100% invested. Although the Astros playoff runs are a good corollary. 

I got married well after 2005. After we beat Alabama in September, she sensed a disturbance in the force. I’ve been utterly insufferable since 11:20am Sunday. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I didn’t watch the game and don’t search for videos of grotesque injuries.  I’ll take your word that it was bad.

His head could have fallen off and it would have been easier to lie about severity than his actual injury. 

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 hours ago, RichUT said:

Jesus with all the fucking PTSD around here. We don’t need someone from the broke ass Big 12 advocating for us. Our play on the field is advocation enough.

Besides, we already won the league. The Big 12 wants us in because then they at least get a check on our way out the door. Plus they’d be able claim a college football title if we won the motherfucker.

In short, take off your fucking tin foil hat and embrace the fact that we’re getting in the motherfucker.

You believe what you want and that's your right to do so.

Doesn't change the fact that I believe they would have loved to see us left out.

We're in so it doesn't matter now fuck them.

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

200.gif

I'm high, bro. I can't see shit outside of my screen. I'm behind on OTF YouTube and just heard Ty Smith is out of it via Gerry, which fine. We have better on campus. Sucks Choate is in the Nevada coaching search, but you always want coaches who get gigs off of you as it makes you look better.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

aggy would still root for us……to lose…right?

Aggies would rather sell their wives to an Eastern European sex trafficking ring than see Texas when a national championship. So to answer your question they would suck that bama dick like they've been doing the last 10 years.

5 minutes ago, WashHorn said:

I got married well after 2005. After we beat Alabama in September, she sensed a disturbance in the force. I’ve been utterly insufferable since 11:20am Sunday. 

Me too, brother. Except my wife is mad happy for me. She's seen me through the 13 year stretch. That's when she came into my life. She's very supportive. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I think it was his offer to fist himself if Penix "completed a pass for more than 15 yards" Friday night that opened his eyes.

Well Penix did it over and over, so if Helobious followed through, it definitely opened up his something...

• Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

5 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

So let me get this straight.

According to the NCAA this is what the 12-team playoff will look like next year: "The new 12-team College Football Playoff field will include the six highest-ranked conference champions, which will receive automatic bids. The six highest-ranked teams remaining will round out the 12-team format."

So, if this was next year after the changes in the SEC and B1G we would need to fill out 6 conference champions. That would obviously include ACC, SEC, and B1G. Oregon State from the Mountain West would be the next highest rated conference champion.  Oklahoma State would be in representing the Big 12 as conference champion, but we still need a sixth conference champion. The next highest ranked one is Liberty. You're now down to 6 at-large positions. Let's assume Michigan and Texas are B1G and SEC champs. That means Washington, Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State would take four of the six slots and you'd have to choose between Oregon, Missouri, Pedo, Ole Miss, and Oklahoma--all two loss teams-- for the last two spots. Meanwhile, Oregon State, Oklahoma State, and Liberty belong nowhere near a playoff and the first round pairings will be subject to conspiracy theories galore. This will be a clusterfuck going forward.

On the other hand, as long as Texas is Top 6, we either get a bye or high odds for a cupcake first round.

It’s college football. What did you expect?

yeah it’s dumb, but anyone expecting we’ll just get the top 12 best/highest ranked teams hasn’t been watching this sport for the past….100+ years.

(I also would like to understand what clauses are written in to define “conferences”. Certainly there has to be a mechanism to revisit that “top 6” rule when the vast majority of the top 50 teams in any given year are consolidated in 2-3 conferences.

39 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I think it was his offer to fist himself if Penix "completed a pass for more than 15 yards" Friday night that opened his eyes.

*more than 15 yards downfield. He had done nothing but complete WR screens and throw passes wildly off target up to that point, then once I hit submit reply he turned into Dan Marino. 

• Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

Here was SMU outside of losing in Norman and FW:

38-14

69-0

34-16

31-10

55-0

69-10

36-31 (@Rice)

45-21

38-34 (@Memphis)

59-14

26-14 (@ ranked Tulane - AAC title game)

The best team that Liberty beat lost to fucking UMass at home. Honestly Auburn really fucked SMU over by putting that horseshit display on against NMSU that tricked people into thinking NMSU wasn't a bad G5 team like they are. They're fucking 91 in FPI. Liberty is 48 in FPI. SMU lost to FPI 8 and 28 on the road and beat 51, 53 and 83 all on the road as well.

Liberty edges SMU in sp+ (which, for the record, has tOSU, PSU and Oregon in the top 5) but the SoS paints a similar picture in terms of teams actually played.

Shirley, any SMU discussion could be moved to any other fucking thread other than this one? No?

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

The Big 12 has:

West Virginia vs. Mack Brown North Carolina Football

UCF vs. Georgia Tech

Kansas vs. UNLV

Texas Tech vs. Cal

Kansas State vs. NC State

Iowa State vs. Memphis

OU sucks vs. Arizona

Oklahoma State vs. A&M

So we have two (or more depending on how you feel about the ACC and A&M). Is that not normal?

How does the Rig 12 get 9 (really 7) teams in? We get to win some more $$$$ for the whiner left behinds on the way out? Yeah. Let’s do it! 

9 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I’m not going to lie I could see the Big 12 doing good here.   5-3 not bad, need to look at the SEC bowl games.   They might lose more than they win, again like normal the last few years and this year vs every other power 5 conference in out of conference games...   Come on let’s not start sucking that sec bias teet yet.   

I’m still struggling with the “conference pride” issue. SEC perfected it and it’s useful for SOS, now SOR blah blah blah. Media cucks blah blah blah. But I can’t root for “Rig 12 teams” this year. And most years. Sometimes a team will earn respect and I’ll support em. But not this blanket amnesty for teams that wish to do us harm. I don’t do SECSEC unless it’s to mock the aggies. That’s over now. We can and should be classy and still have “Texas against the world” mentality. Ain’t nobody gon help us! Nobody ran to our aid when the Japanese bombed the Alamo!  Right? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

I’m still struggling with the “conference pride” issue. SEC perfected it and it’s useful for SOS, now SOR blah blah blah. Media cucks blah blah blah. But I can’t root for “Rig 12 teams” this year. And most years. Sometimes a team will earn respect and I’ll support em. But not this blanket amnesty for teams that wish to do us harm. I don’t do SECSEC unless it’s to mock the aggies. That’s over now. We can and should be classy and still have “Texas against the world” mentality. Ain’t nobody gon help us! Nobody ran to our aid when the Japanese bombed the Alamo!  Right? 

LSU actually deserves some props here , they regularly hate on other SEC teams . 

Most of this pride shit is from the teams dont win anything, or used more for positioning against other conferences 

9 hours ago, FtheBig12 said:

Aggies would rather sell their wives to an Eastern European sex trafficking ring than see Texas when a national championship. So to answer your question they would suck that bama dick like they've been doing the last 10 years.

Is the market good for used sheep in Eastern Europe?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobby Layne said:

what is there to struggle with?

Fuck the SEC mouth breathers. The agroids are correct. The lib sips are coming to dominate. I hope we beat every last one of them into the ground and none of them have any success of any kind. if they win, fuck em. if they lose, fuck em. any chants "SEC SEC" should be mocking the losers only, scratch that, after Yomack whatever the hell his name is we should never chant SEC, SEC again.  Once you realize we aren't them and it's a marriage for cash and convenience then it's easier to let them kiss your ass without any feelings that you have to reciprocate. again, fuck em.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

I've never been so confident in our team. Spoilered because Skip Bayless

Reveal hidden contents

Says we only beat Alabama because Milroe was raw (and now he's all-world).

"If Texas had to go to Tuscaloosa today, they'd get thrashed."

Hell, that pisses me off and I'm just an alumnus/fan.  If I actually played on the team, I'd want to skull drag every player that lined up in front of me tomorrow.  They should mainline this shit into their veins between now and the CFP game(s).

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Says we only beat Alabama because Milroe was raw (and now he's all-world).

"If Texas had to go to Tuscaloosa today, they'd get thrashed."

Hell, that pisses me off and I'm just an alumnus/fan.  If I actually played on the team, I'd want to skull drag every player that lined up in front of me tomorrow.  They should mainline this shit into their veins between now and the CFP game(s).

I'm too lazy to look it up but I'm sure before the game in September he probably said that we were going to lose. 

1 hour ago, LonghornSean said:

I think it's somewhat likely that had Georgia won, FSU would have gotten in instead of Texas. Have any of the posters who were so adamant that we should root for Georgia come back to admit they were wrong?

they are too busy doing the texas tech bell ringer impresionation to be bothered with such niceties.

• Haha 1

Bama is like night and day better than they were in September.  We all saw how great they looked 8 days ago against a team that had just lost by 21 from some team from somewhere in Mexico.

And look how well Milroe is playing now.  Early in the season he clearly could not pass.  And now he can.

Milroe Pass Rating by game:

MTSU -- 217.8

Texas -- 140.8

Ole Miss -- 177.1

Miss State -- 198.1

A&M -- 169.3

Arkansas -- 174.2

Tennessee -- 176.6

LSU -- 145.2

Kentucky -- 193.4

Auburn -- 184.4

UGA -- 155.3