Texas vs k-state - 11am on Fox

Pancho

24 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

42 yards (TD)

12 yards (TD)

32 yards (TD)

33 yards (FG)

24 of 30 points for K-State happened from short fields. This was the only reason this was a game. Turnovers and special teams mistakes. 

Not to mention the pass defense.  We've given up over 300 yards passing 2 weeks in a row

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I feel like Iowa State is definitely our toughest opponent remaining and they are not good. They look fucking awful against Kansas. 

They are goddamn awful. But mid November game, on the road, in the Rig12… scares ya to death

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

You say this about everyone. Texas is marginally better which means Jack shit on the road.

Iowa State is down 14-3 to Kansas with a backup QB which would put them at 5-4 with a loss. They have losses to an Iowa team with one of the worst offenses I've ever seen, to Ohio, and lost by 30 to OU. Please explain to me how Iowa State is good? 

I keep saying this because the Big 12 is trash this year. Iowa State may find a way to come back and beat Kansas but they aren't good. That's just a fact. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

1 hour ago, Bobby Layne said:

You’re stretching to blame this one on Sark. It’s all on Maalik and our suck ass secondary. Should not have been close. 

A lot is on Maalik and the secondary, but there is plenty that goes to Sark as well. We had 2nd and 5 late in the game in their territory and then pass the ball twice in a row to settle for a FG... When we were averaging 7+ yards a carry and had a QB that was obviously not comfortable in the 2nd half. Then not taking points multiple times (over multiple weeks). That falls on Sark. 

And we've seen this same type of game from Sark coached teams multiple times during his tenure (big first half leads - shit the bed in the 2nd half). I feel that sort of recurring theme falls at the feet of the coaches. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm watching the replay on my tablet while Bama/LSU is on TV.

We're really gonna miss Sweat and B. Murphy next year when we go to the SEC. Wish they were both Sophs. Not sure we have the monster run stuffers and QB harassers on the roster at the moment...but then again 2 years ago both Sweat and Murphy were pretty much non factors, and last season was a little up and down.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Horse said:

You’re such a miserable fuck

@6th Streetis a miserable fuck, but he has a point. This Texas defense is nails vs the run. The also struggle mighty vs any hurry up passing game. It has been an issue all season. I would expect TCU and TEch to treat the Texas game like one big 2 minute drill 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I'll get some hate for this, but..

I'm gonna miss our games on Fox next year. We're joining the SEC just as ABC/ESPN along with Gameday are hitting rock bottom. Big Noon kickoff is the superior show and Fox also does better actual game coverage.

Come at me bro

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ousux said:

I'm gonna miss our games on Fox next year. We're joining the SEC just as ABC/ESPN along with Gameday are hitting rock bottom. Big Noon kickoff is the superior show and Fox also does better actual game coverage.

Come at me bro

Fox does one good actual game coverage and that's Klatt & Gus. Huard isn't horrible but he's rarely calling our games. I'm completely fine with never having to listen to that shitbag Tim Brando ever again. Big Noon will still talk about us. We'll get two more BIg Noon games in the next few years: @Michigan next year and @Ohio State in 2025. That was part of the deal to release us from the Big 12. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

His melanin wasn't Charlie Strong level. That shit is rage-inducing that it happened against Okie Lite. Still pisses me off that the ref bumped into CS and threw that flag. 

https://www.floydcountyrecord.com/2021/11/16/big-xii-officiating-veteran-speaks-to-floydada-clubs/

• Rage+1 1

Murphy is apparently less mobile than Dan Marino.  They didn’t roll him out on purpose, he doesn’t have the rpo or at least never runs it, and he never scrambles to extend plays or gain yardage. 

but he does make up for that by panicking at pressure and throwing the ball to random places. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, ousux said:

Come at me bro

Fuck off, Tim Brando sock.  

6 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

So is 24-0? 

We were moving the ball at will and the defense wasn’t allowing anything.

KSU punted after we turned it over too so the momentum argument holds no weight.

what the fuck is up with everyone saying the bolded part?  are you the same fuck who said the same thing in the Houston game?

"defense completely stuffing them, go for the jugular!"   yeah, and in that game and this one, what happened.... the defense suddenly couldnt stop anything.  and to be VERY honest, thats happened to Sark's defenses a LOT in the last 2 years, like the defense blows just as many leads as Herman's teams.... the difference is Sarks teams have managed to win in the end in most of them. 

you take the points early, and maybe you dont have to freak out about not having them later. 

our glaring hole on defense is the secondary... none of our DB's and safeties have any fucking clue how to defend a high arcing ball coming to them. the slant route is worth 15 yards against us everytime and the only time we get INTs is when the opposing QB badly throws a ball. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

what the fuck is up with everyone saying the bolded part?  are you the same fuck who said the same thing in the Houston game?

"defense completely stuffing them, go for the jugular!"   yeah, and in that game and this one, what happened.... the defense suddenly couldnt stop anything.  and to be VERY honest, thats happened to Sark's defenses a LOT in the last 2 years, like the defense blows just as many leads as Herman's teams.... the difference is Sarks teams have managed to win in the end in most of them. 

you take the points early, and maybe you dont have to freak out about not having them later. 

our glaring hole on defense is the secondary... none of our DB's and safeties have any fucking clue how to defend a high arcing ball coming to them. the slant route is worth 15 yards against us everytime and the only time we get INTs is when the opposing QB badly throws a ball. 

Our actually problem is natural pass rushers. We can't get pressure so the guys on the back end have to hold up forever. Then when we bring second level guys, they still don't get home, and someone is open in the area they vacated. The cushions are a form of protection against explosive passing plays.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Our actually problem is natural pass rushers. We can't get pressure so the guys on the back end have to hold up forever. Then when we bring second level guys, they still don't get home, and someone is open in the area they vacated. The cushions are a form of protection against explosive passing plays.

Yeah, it seems like blitzing is a mistake for this team. We rarely get home and leave giant holes in our coverage as a result. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

PK knew exactly what was coming on that 4th down. Completely sniffed out Sinott in the flat and helped over the middle. I thought it was the pass rush that beat this play but it was just the defense knowing exactly what was coming. 

Same. I originally thought the DL just blew it up

nope. Texas sniffed out the play and had the primary and 2ndary reads covered. Then the DL destroyed their holds blockers (the inside DL might have got their QBs jersey over his shoulder pad, hard to tell) and the QB slipped. Ball game

• Like 1

The lack of holding calls is actually absurd. There was at least 5-10 plays of egregious holding that prevented a sack or TFL and they still got blown up. Our soft ass coverages need to change giving up the underneath to not get torched on the long ball is not a good trade. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1