The Home Stretch - Big 12 Championship Scenarios

Js1

20 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Can’t one of you attorneys decipher this for the 3 of us on surly who aren’t lawyers?  

Seems like a lot of DUI and public defender types around here, bound to be a contract lawyer or 10 who are used to reading bullshit and making sense of it. 

We're in.  That'll be $999.95.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Is that not what’s happening?

No, the embarrassment comes when so many teams end up tied for first and/or second that they can’t figure out their own bullshit.  That’s what I’m here for.  Also, Yordork will go into hiding if he has to hand the trophy to OU or Texas, so let that happen too.   

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Can’t one of you attorneys decipher this for the 3 of us on surly who aren’t lawyers?  

Seems like a lot of DUI and public defender types around here, bound to be a contract lawyer or 10 who are used to reading bullshit and making sense of it. 

Lawyer here. I draft and comment on insurance policies. I can't make definitive heads or tails of the tie breaks. If it was a contract, all I can say is that the ambiguity should be resolved against the drafter. I honestly think there could be an injunctive hearing if it does not come out cleanly. 

Edited by CleverNickname
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

No, the embarrassment comes when so many teams end up tied for first and/or second that they can’t figure out their own bullshit.  That’s what I’m here for.  Also, Yordork will go into hiding if he has to hand the trophy to OU or Texas, so let that happen too.   

Do any of the teams care enough to go to court over the tiebreaker language, and do they have any standing there or are member schools subservient to the conference decrees by membership agreement?  I assume only tx or ou would even consider it.  A leftover school doesn’t need to be pissing off the office like that.  I don’t think we are petty enough, so really I guess I’m asking about ou. 

49 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

fatwa for sending up the lawyer batsignal.

Also, it's crazy that OU can still get in with a loss to TCU.  But that would mean Texas is in, because all other teams would have 3 losses.

If only OU and Texas lose, then Texas is in a tie with OSU and KSU.  How could KSU get in in this case, because they will have lost to both other tied teams?  So, how is Texas not in with an OU loss? 

32 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I don't understand how OSU could miss if they beat BYU.   That would be a sham and their lawyers should be preparing court petitions.  

Well, they should miss if they end up in a 3 way tie, because that's what the stupid rules say. Changing the rules shouldn't be possible during the season.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Someone just tell me what the most embarrassing scenario is for this shit for brains conference, so I know what to root for. 

I dont know about embarrassing, but maximum clusterfuckery would be

Tech over Texas

Toads over BlowU

Mormons over pokes

Isu over ksu

WVU over rapists

That would put Texas in as the #1 seed and leave a 6(!) Way tie for #2 seed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

Root for Texas to beat Texas Tech, TCU to beat OU, Iowa St to beat K State, BYU to beat OK State, and West Virginia over Baylor

That leaves Texas as the #1 seed to face  .... OU or K State or Iowa St or Ok State or West Virginia.  A five way tie among three loss teams to face Texas.

Try to figure that out, Big XII.

This is what I want. I want us to win and for there to be injunctions and lawsuits about who we play because the B12 is fucking incompetent at writing clear rules. I want the chaos.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

Root for Texas to beat Texas Tech, TCU to beat OU, Iowa St to beat K State, BYU to beat OK State, and West Virginia over Baylor

That leaves Texas as the #1 seed to face  .... OU or K State or Iowa St or Ok State or West Virginia.  A five way tie among three loss teams to face Texas.

Try to figure that out, Big XII.

This is the way

No matter what they say people will bitch

They will probably need an 8 min booth review to shake it out

Maybe they even decide to change the rules some more

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do any of the teams care enough to go to court over the tiebreaker language, and do they have any standing there or are member schools subservient to the conference decrees by membership agreement?  I assume only tx or ou would even consider it.  A leftover school doesn’t need to be pissing off the office like that.  I don’t think we are petty enough, so really I guess I’m asking about ou. 

OU wants to gtfo and definitely won’t give enough of a fuck to sue over that BS.  You guys win.  Let everyone else lose.  The 6 way tie is great.  Fuck this JV conference.  Time to bail.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, chad.ihrig said:

You can bet your sweet ass that if a loss to Tech keeps us out of the B12 CG, we’ll get the Kevin Mar crew on Friday.
If we are in regardless, his crew will be in Stillwater to help get the Pokes to JerryWorld.

They’ll have to be strategic if they need to job multiple games. 

2 hours ago, Jimbob said:

I’d need a …

ben affleck love GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d need a …
200.gif

“You're suspect! Yeah, you! I don't know what your reputation is in this town, but after the shit you tried to pull today you can bet I'll be looking into you. Now the business we have, heretofore, you can speak with my aforementioned attorney. Good day, gentlemen; and until that day comes, keep your ear to the grindstone.”
  • Haha 1

This is the best thread on the site at the moment.

It's amazing (and it shouldn't be, I guess) to me that the conference has yet to clarify these scenarios in a meaningful way. Maybe Yormark isn't the branding genius we were led to believe he is. Rooting for Texas and maximum chaos. 

Oh My Omg GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by SimkinsMan

No. This would be extremely aggy.
Also, it's crazy that OU can still get in with a loss to TCU.  But that would mean Texas is in, because all other teams would have 3 losses.
If only OU and Texas lose, then Texas is in a tie with OSU and KSU.  How could KSU get in in this case, because they will have lost to both other tied teams?  So, how is Texas not in with an OU loss? 

To your last question, they are. The three way tie that Texas needs to avoid is with OU and OSU. Introducing K State to the equation or dropping OU makes things more favorable for Texas.

This is the best thread on the site at the moment.
It's amazing (and it shouldn't be, I guess) to me that the conference has yet to clarify these scenarios in a meaningful way. Maybe Yormark isn't the branding genius we were led to believe he is. Rooting for Texas and maximum chaos. 
giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471dsjlelgfyrzj01prh63eptu4vdqbaqf8bfdxqrs&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

At this point I half expect them to say fuck it and send UH and Baylor to Arlington just because

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

On the tcu beating ou front- what is the timeline on concussion protocol and can Gabriel technically be cleared for a Friday game?  

It’s OU. He could have killed a day care full of kids live on television and he’d be playing “pending investigation” 

• Haha 2